BANNED

Default With The Disney/FOX Merging Almost Complete Is it Possible That Marvel...

...Will acquire the rights for the Alien comics?
    It happened with Star Wars and they recently re introduced Conan so it might be a slight possibility?

ala Deadpool versus the Marvel U, Aliens invade the Marvel universe. Has potential.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

iMan 42s

It probably depends quite a bit on the current license agreement with Darkhorse.

One thing particularly worth noting is that despite Disney owning the I.P, that's also a separate license to Marvel meaning that they would have to work out a deal to use it. Marvel wouldn't just be able to use Alien at the drop of a hat. Star Wars was pretty expedient due to its high value but Alien is far less lucrative despite much of its value coming from Extended media. What's more is that with no film or TV series in production and the critical reception to Alien:Covenant and Blackout being.., bleak. I doubt Disney is in much of a hurry to reboot it under Marvel.

The possibility is certainly there, but it's highly unlikely given what little Marvel or Disney gain under its usage.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Dark Horse has done some amazing things with the license and I don't want them to lose it. That being said, the time is long overdue for a crossover. A Venom/Carnage/Aliens story could be dark as hell.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

iMan 42s

So I did a bit of extra digging on how likely this was to occur and it seems that it's incredibly unlikely.

“Bob Iger has said that they plan on keeping Deadpool an R-Rated brand and plan to further include R-Rated film brands in their future product portfolio.”

“Bob Iger has said that FX Networks will be able to create and produce content for Hulu but likely not for Disney+ as Disney+ will be their family friendly streaming service with Hulu being adult oriented.”

“Bob Iger has said they do not plan to publish video games through Disney in the future and will instead focus on licensing their brands to respective game studios such as EA with their Star Wars license.”

(Note: This is from AVP Galaxy)

The big takeaway here is that the big names like Alien are going to continue in some fashion, it's just that it will be disconnected from streaming services like Disney's upcoming streaming service. It should also be noted that if videogames had been any indicator, Alien will be licensed out to other studios seeing as both Disney and Marvel don't like doing things in-house.

The takeaway into comics is that Alien already has a platform with Darkhorse and that it won't be showing up on streaming services like Disney's. While Marvel has less issues about explicit violence, Alien does not fall under Marvel's license. Remember, Fox entertainment will still be left active to do its thing meaning that Alien is still under Fox's jurisdiction, just under new management. Darkhorse already being an active publisher having a deal with that aspect of Fox, I see no reason Disney would want to move things under Marvel especially when they made it clear they want their R-rate properties separated.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I've always considered the Brood Marvels version of Aliens.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I hope not. Dark Horse has taken more than enough hits lately. I don't want them going under.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    ...Will acquire the rights for the Alien comics?
    It happened with Star Wars and they recently re introduced Conan so it might be a slight possibility?
    Actually, I forgot about Aliens but I was just thinking about The X-Files the other day. They are also a FOX property.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Disney could give it to Marvel once their contract with Dark Horse ends. I suspect their view will be that they'll do whichever they can make more money off of. Right now, by licensing the property, there's minimal risk and only profit. Certainly, Marvel has a lot of other work it's doing right now, but that hasn't stopped them previously and they do seem to want to make sure they're doing more than just superhero comics.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I've always considered the Brood Marvels version of Aliens.
    Cue the crossover!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I hope not. Dark Horse has taken more than enough hits lately. I don't want them going under.
    Good point. They already lost Star Wars and Conan. Lose the Fox properties too and it could well be fatal.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Disney could give it to Marvel once their contract with Dark Horse ends. I suspect their view will be that they'll do whichever they can make more money off of. Right now, by licensing the property, there's minimal risk and only profit. Certainly, Marvel has a lot of other work it's doing right now, but that hasn't stopped them previously and they do seem to want to make sure they're doing more than just superhero comics.
    I'd prefer Marvel not touch Alien or Predator primarily because I don't trust them not to make the situation so much worse than it already is. Continuity is a mess and I feel like Marvel wouldn't get the Aliens or Predators to the point they are either gimped or they act like the did in the novel Forever Midnight and Requiem. Regardless of how anybody takes this statement, Marvel would structure them like the Asgardians (Predators) and the Alien like the brood and I would prefer them not to.

published in its own continuity? fine. integrated with the main marvel universe? hell no. absolutely not. too bleak, too nihilistic, frequently horrible protagonists in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good point. They already lost Star Wars and Conan. Lose the Fox properties too and it could well be fatal.
    They also lost Buffy too (and Angel though thats depending on what the hell is happening with Angel and if he was still with IDW anyway)
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe