View Poll Results: How do you rate this Issue?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5

4 15.38%
  • 2/5

3 11.54%
  • 3/5

10 38.46%
  • 4/5

6 23.08%
  • 5/5

3 11.54%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    This issue was better than the last.There was much less "Zoo Crew" page time and more focus on Diana. The thing I didn't like was Diana slashing Nemesis with her sword before Nemesis even physically attacked her. Veronica Cale made Diana seem like an idiot. I did like the art and Nemesis' new design.
    I wouldn't say Veronica made Diana look like an idiot. She did almost immediately and correctly deduce that Veronica was responsible, and resolved to help free Nemesis from her control. She couldn't really take further action in the situation without making herself look worse, and Cale just angrily confronted her with a truth that she could no longer deny, hence her understandable reaction at the end.

One detail in the art I noticed that I liked was Veronica clutching her necklace, which we know has significance to her in the pre-Flashpoint backstory with her mother. I guess we take that as an indication that it's still canon? And I think it enhances her relationship with her own daughter.

BANNED

I didn't like the writing. I don't care about politician woman. I want to read about Wonder Woman. I rather have a WW story about her, her adventure, her powers, her heroic stuff. Than another family drama, who am i,i am alone type of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Nah, he found his own identity helping the Justice League, Justice League of America and particularly during Forever Evil. He hasn't been interesting since then.
    I do think taking away Steve’s ties to ARGUS was a bad call. Think of Lois or Selina, their occupations give their relationships with Clark and Bruce some good tension. Lois is a journalist dedicated to ferreting our secrets that would be of interest to the public, and Superman is hiding one of the most fascinating secrets ever. Selina is a kleptomaniac who loves stealing while Batman is dedicated to cleaning up Crime in Gotham, and it was a petty theft gone wrong that killed his parents.

Steve since Rebirth has kinda just been the perfect boyfriend more or less. Nothing about his job clashes with Diana. Not saying I want them fighting all the time, but a little tension in a relationship for story purposes can help spice things up.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wouldn't say Veronica made Diana look like an idiot. She did almost immediately and correctly deduce that Veronica was responsible, and resolved to help free Nemesis from her control. She couldn't really take further action in the situation without making herself look worse, and Cale just angrily confronted her with a truth that she could no longer deny, hence her understandable reaction at the end.

One detail in the art I noticed that I liked was Veronica clutching her necklace, which we know has significance to her in the pre-Flashpoint backstory with her mother. I guess we take that as an indication that it's still canon? And I think it enhances her relationship with her own daughter.

I get that but I think Veronica won the verbal battle just a little too easily. Diana should have threw her lasso around Cale and made her tell the truth to the media that she set Nemesis off to cause the destruction.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Spectacular Member

This issue was another miss for me.

The artwork was a step down. For a character who is supposed to be beautiful as Aphrodite, the artwork didn't match up to the description. The facial features especially were a letdown.

The plot was plodding. As others have said, too much exposition and very little action.

The best thing about this issue and the other before it, the cover art.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
    This issue was another miss for me.

The artwork was a step down. For a character who is supposed to be beautiful as Aphrodite, the artwork didn't match up to the description. The facial features especially were a letdown.

The plot was plodding. As others have said, too much exposition and very little action.

The best thing about this issue and the other before it, the cover art.
    DEC180606_500.jpg

https://allforgeeks.com/new-stuff/ne...nder-woman-64/

BANNED

The problem with the title now and before gww, is that things happen but at the same time nothing really happens. You know what i mean? Previous run was supposed to have a big building up for the fight with Darkseid, only to end with a poor executed concept of love power. And the dark gods, an undwhelming battle that ended with a predictable "sacrifice" from the generic twin brother. gww gave us more anticlimatic fights in just war, and the tradition continues in the new arc. Outside of her title things aren't that much better. In jl for example, a lot of things happen, but they happen around Wonder Woman. Because she is just there, doing almost nothing. Let's be honest here. She is a powerhouse amazon with Godly powers. Her presence is supposed to feel epic and powerful. But when was the last time you truly felt that way with her, in and outside her title? The Witching Hour is one of those few moments in recent years.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I do think taking away Steve’s ties to ARGUS was a bad call. Think of Lois or Selina, their occupations give their relationships with Clark and Bruce some good tension. Lois is a journalist dedicated to ferreting our secrets that would be of interest to the public, and Superman is hiding one of the most fascinating secrets ever. Selina is a kleptomaniac who loves stealing while Batman is dedicated to cleaning up Crime in Gotham, and it was a petty theft gone wrong that killed his parents.

Steve since Rebirth has kinda just been the perfect boyfriend more or less. Nothing about his job clashes with Diana. Not saying I want them fighting all the time, but a little tension in a relationship for story purposes can help spice things up.
    I agree. You need some friction to generate heat.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    The problem with the title now and before gww, is that things happen but at the same time nothing really happens. You know what i mean? Previous run was supposed to have a big building up for the fight with Darkseid, only to end with a poor executed concept of love power. And the dark gods, an undwhelming battle that ended with a predictable "sacrifice" from the generic twin brother. gww gave us more anticlimatic fights in just war, and the tradition continues in the new arc. Outside of her title things aren't that much better. In jl for example, a lot of things happen, but they happen around Wonder Woman. Because she is just there, doing almost nothing. Let's be honest here. She is a powerhouse amazon with Godly powers. Her presence is supposed to feel epic and powerful. But when was the last time you truly felt that way with her, in and outside her title? The Witching Hour is one of those few moments in recent years.
    I find I am a lot more engaged by Wonder Woman in JL Dark than her own title. Even though it's an ensemble book I feel I get more actual Wonder Woman.

WAY better art, too.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I find I am a lot more engaged by Wonder Woman in JL Dark than her own title. Even though it's an ensemble book I feel I get more actual Wonder Woman.

WAY better art, too.
    I recently read Witching Hour while I waited for GWW to take over and I really enjoyed it. Liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I haven’t read any JLD since but might go back to it if I don’t stick around with Wonder Woman. I haven’t read this current issue yet but so far I’m kinda up in the air with the current run.

Diana in JLD has been great, I’m super excited to see what Tynion is doing with Circe. Wilson said it took a little while for her to get a handle on WW’s voice and so far I can see that. She’s been feeling out her world and getting the hang of it. It hasn’t been a great run so far but it’s been better than Robinson and about equal with Orlando. Give Wilson some time. Chip Zdarsky over at Marvel had some absolutely awful first Spectatcular Spider-Man issues before he got the hang of things, and then by the end people were calling his run one of the best Spidey runs ever.

I get that but I think Veronica won the verbal battle just a little too easily. Diana should have threw her lasso around Cale and made her tell the truth to the media that she set Nemesis off to cause the destruction.
    What cause did Wonder Woman have to publically coerce Veronica Cale? One aspect that I like is that Diana is trying to only use the lasso in ways that are morally defensible to her.

Now, this is seldom made clear through narration and dialogue, but I think it fit very well with Diana's nature and the power of the lasso, and I'd love for writers to explore Diana's views on the use of the lasso more explicitly.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    What cause did Wonder Woman have to publically coerce Veronica Cale? One aspect that I like is that Diana is trying to only use the lasso in ways that are morally defensible to her.

Now, this is seldom made clear through narration and dialogue, but I think it fit very well with Diana's nature and the power of the lasso, and I'd love for writers to explore Diana's views on the use of the lasso more explicitly.

Cale accused Diana of attacking Nemesis without provocation and also said she sent Nemesis to the area to help people. If Diana had used the lasso on Cale, she could have forced her to reveal that she had Nemesis cause the disaster giving Diana the green light to make the first move.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Cale accused Diana of attacking Nemesis without provocation and also said she sent Nemesis to the area to help people. If Diana had used the lasso on Cale, she could have forced her to reveal that she had Nemesis cause the disaster giving Diana the green light to make the first move.
    While I agree that seems the obvious course of action, there is a flip side to it.

It's hard to argue that you are not being a bully when you throw a rope around someone. It's long been the premise that the lasso is not admissible legally, any more than it is allowed to dose a witness up with truth serum before questioning them.

However, I agree that there could have been more clever use of the lasso here. I do sympathize a bit with writers, because the rope does make it hard to justify while ANY villains plan would remain secret for long.

Does Diana has cause, under the law or more importantly, within her own moral code, to do so?

Again, this is an area where I think the writers have partly fell down, by seldom—or even never—including any discussion from Diana on when and where she believes the use of the lasso as justified.