Thread: Urban Legends

Default Urban Legends

Are there any urban legends in your area that would make a good fit for a Hellboy or BPRD tale?

Around here we have the legend of the 13 curves, where late at night if you take the section of twisted road the locals call "13 curves" you are supposed to be visited by a ghost in a bride's gown. Legend has it that she and her groom were coming home from their wedding night and got in a horrible wreck. I can totally see Hellboy investigating something like that.

How about you guys/gals?

The Claw of Justice!

There's a town near where I grew up where a vampire was sighted a few times over the course of a few decades. He supposedly once jumped over a high wall in the snow and no footprints were found on the other side, and there were several instances of him chasing people I believe (one guy chucked a flashlight at him and when they returned to the area the flashlight was gone). I think he also dressed kind of like Dracula which is why they called him a vampire. I would take all of these reports with a heavy grain of salt, but I've always found it interesting.

Another town even closer to where I grew up has a ton of hauntings supposedly. I was there at least once a week for most of my childhood and I never saw anything spooky, lame.
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

Wow those are the wacky kind of stories and urban legends I can totally see the BPRD taking on, not to mention they are a ton of fun. I love that vampire one, you don't hear a lot of those!

There was a WW2 munitions factory that blew up around here years ago. I think as many as 30 men were vaporized, blown up without a trace. Now in that patch of woods people claim to see multi-colored ghosts; I guess the claim is they are different colors from the factory dye. It's a very popular area for ghost hunters.