Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    It feels like ever cupple of Months someone has to die but gets resurrected in time
    the oney ones that stay dead uncle Ben George Stacy and Gwen,It was fine in the beginning but now its getting old
    Remember when they used to say only Bucky stays dead?

Most characters without costumes or codenames who die stay dead, and sometimes that really stings and those things still sting, especially when the stories are ass. Death hasn't gotten old. The death of flagship characters where you definitely know they're coming back has. But that's more than worth it if can net you some legacy stories and sometimes even more with stuff like Immortal Hulk.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Most characters without costumes or codenames who die stay dead, and sometimes that really stings and those things still sting, especially when the stories are ass. Death hasn't gotten old. The death of flagship characters where you definitely know they're coming back has. But that's more than worth it if can net you some legacy stories and sometimes even more with stuff like Immortal Hulk.
    It's kind of noticeable when you have characters like Happy Hogan or Karen Page still prominent in media adaptions while still being deader then dead in the comics.

I guess certain stories can make a delicious fruit juice out of some bad lemons, but does it retroactively make the lemons better? I don't think Immortal Hulk necesarilly makes the death of Banner in Civil War II any less dumb, but that's probably a personal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It would be easier to list who HAS managed to stay dead, wouldn't it?
    I used to think the ONLY characters who would stay dead were Uncle Ben, Mar-Vell, and Bucky. But one out of 3 definately came back, with Marv ALMOST coming back. So ya never know.

BANNED

I think this complaint comes at an odd time. How is what is happening now any different from a few years back? Since the beginning of the 2000s espescially death has lost all meaning yes but I dont see how right now is espescially bad? I would argue its been better the last year or two actually.

I’m pitching an Uncle Ben 2099 series to marvel now.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Incredible Member

Skurge the Executioner stayed dead for a very long time as well. Just brought back for Asgardians of the Galaxy I believe.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

There's only so many things you can write about that will interest people.
    Baby Thanos

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Generally speaking, death really only applies to aliens and collateral damage. They aren't resurrecting any of the poor souls that Galactus ate, or Dark Phoenix wiped out, or Shuma Gorath purged ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It would be easier to list who HAS managed to stay dead, wouldn't it?
    d listers and lower is probably the answer...well that and if you're one of the teenage X-men.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!