Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

so then you'd have a scenario where Conan keeps asking Natasha if she has a sister named Sonja?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so then you'd have a scenario where Conan keeps asking Natasha if she has a sister named Sonja?
    I wouldn't mind this as long as it's not every issue.

This book is like some horrible 90s throwback. All we need is a Liefeld cover.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I would not be at all opposed to Black Widow joining the team. Pretty sure her solo is a mini-series and beyond that she's not in anything beyond the War Avengers one-shot. I'm beyond tired of white-male dominated teams in the MU, and this would be a good place for Natasha to utilize her skills, especially alongside allies Logan & Castle.
    I guess Echo or Synapse could be added but that would mean slight attitude adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I really don't see this group calling themselves Avengers. Hell i don't see them calling themselves aanything as they'll beto busy killing everything in sight to worry about a team name. Probably won't even have a headquarters.
    Punisher's War Van may work for a Headquarters
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Punisher's War Van may work for a Headquarters

Its going to have to be a war motor home. Sure Wolverines compact but Conans 6'4, Venom is 6'3, Elektra is 5'9 and Voodoo is 6'0. All bar Elektra weigh over 200lbs. Thats going to be a cramped van full 'o testosterone.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I would not be at all opposed to Black Widow joining the team. Pretty sure her solo is a mini-series and beyond that she's not in anything beyond the War Avengers one-shot. I'm beyond tired of white-male dominated teams in the MU, and this would be a good place for Natasha to utilize her skills, especially alongside allies Logan & Castle.
    isn't she part of a team with Diamondback, Outlaw, some new character, and Korean Fox lady?

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Its going to have to be a war motor home. Sure Wolverines compact but Conans 6'4, Venom is 6'3, Elektra is 5'9 and Voodoo is 6'0. All bar Elektra weigh over 200lbs. Thats going to be a cramped van full 'o testosterone.
    The Punisher's War-Caravan sounds better than War Motorhome
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Incredible Member

Ok. Why is Marvel / Disney tanking the Avengers legacy with this book featuring Conan the Barbarian?

Conan should be its own mythology. Not tied into Marvel proper.

Why not just call the book The Savages. Period. End of story.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Ok. Why is Marvel / Disney tanking the Avengers legacy with this book featuring Conan the Barbarian?

Conan was a Marvel character for awhile. When Marvel regained the rights to Conan they gained the ability to publish their own Conan stories again. The same thing happened with Transformers, Godzilla, and ROM. Different standards at the time when it came to licensed characters and so Marvel pretty much had free reign. This Conan specifically is Marvel's version.

Nowadays they would indeed segregate it from mainline continuity but that's not what was presented to Marvel. What was is a continuation of an old I.P they used.

EDIT: Using a character or at least an incarnation of one they used to publish wont tank the Avengers legacy. If you missed the rape and rapidly ensuing pregnancy of Carol Danvers, you've thankfully missed an actual blunder to the Avengers books.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

They need to add in Saw Gerrera.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Simply put Savage Avengers will sell more copies than a book called The Savages. Personally I agree with you but I understand the business sense it makes to slap Avengers on the title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    isn't she part of a team with Diamondback, Outlaw, some new character, and Korean Fox lady?
    Domino: Hotshots is what you're thinking of and it's just a mini

BANNED

Both Conan and the Avengers will survive this just fine.

In fact, given the creative team involved and the mix of characters, this is practically guaranteed to be a very fun title.

There has yet to be a team-up with Conan and the Incredible Hulk. Just saying. Let the smashing ensue.