Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Kulan Gath? When was the last time he showed up? I vaguely remember an X-Men adventure where he had transformed Manhattan, more or less.. Spider-Man was involved.
    Uncanny X-Men 190-191 from 1985.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yep. That story was the reason I started to read New Mutants because Amara was in it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Well, Duggan said Black Widow and Winter Soldier will be in next arc.

I really hope to see Yu drawing them.

Attachment 82275
    I hope so, I like how Yu drew her during Hickman's Avengers! When it comes to both Bucky and Natasha I think Mike Perkins, Michael Lark, Butch Guice, Chris Samnee and Steve Epting also did a great job with them too!

Kulan Gath? When was the last time he showed up? I vaguely remember an X-Men adventure where he had transformed Manhattan, more or less.. Spider-Man was involved.
    Yeah like myownlittleusername said it was during Uncanny X-Men Vol.1 #190-191, he later appeared during Kurt Busiek's Avengers run (Avengers Vol.3 #27-30 if I'm not mistaken) and later on during the Spider-Man/Red Sonja mini by Michael Avon Oeming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Isn't he basically a Conan villain?
    Mostly yeah, he's also an enemy of Selene.

In other news, if you like reading digital comics, Comixology is running a big Savage Avengers sale:

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sa...d=29981&lang=1

Lot of great stuff! Sale ends Monday, 05/20/2019.

Might pick this up a bit later, but I'm just curious, do they explain how Venom's in this book? Currently he's in an interesting situation due to his ongoing and War of Realms.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

Amazing Member

They don’t explain how the symbiote is where it is, but if we assume this is after WotR, it makes some sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I hope so, I like how Yu drew her during Hickman's Avengers!
    yu avengers.jpg

Yu is one of the best.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
    Might pick this up a bit later, but I'm just curious, do they explain how Venom's in this book? Currently he's in an interesting situation due to his ongoing and War of Realms.
    FCBD Avengers 2019 & Savage Avengers #1 spoilers:

spoilers:
    In the FCBD issue, we see that the Hand and some strange Egyptian Cult captured the Venom Symbiote, he was kept in somekind of a jar and then sent to the Savage Land. According to one of the Egyptian cultist, the venom symbiote is one of the many bait used by his master in order to have the warriors his master requires come together for the big ritual that takes place in the Savage Land.

In the first Savage Avengers issue, while looking for an amulet, Conan found the symbiote trapped in a cage in the Savage Land.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    yu avengers.jpg

Yu is one of the best.
    For sure!

From the August 2019 solicits:

SAVAGE AVENGERS #4
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • MIKE DEODATO JR. (A)
    Cover by DAVID FINCH
    Variant Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI
    Bring on the Bad Guys Variant Cover by TBA
    • The one evil wizard to rule them all, Kulan Gath has succeeded in summoning an ancient evil…and he’s already hard at work on his next terrible plan.
    • Conan swings his savage symbiotic sword against the forces of darkness…
    • …and Frank Castle has the worst day of his life. (If you don’t count that day in the park.)
    • The Savage Avengers are fighting to save YOU!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

Also:

SAVAGE AVENGERS: Rapid Fire Questions with Gerry Duggan:

.... what does a piece of a symbiote add to Conan's sword?

.... what does a piece of a symbiote add to Conan's sword?
    It should make his sword more powerful, maybe powerful enough to kill:

spoilers:
    Jhoatun Lau, the marrow god that the Hand, that evil priest and the egyptian cultists are trying to summon in the first issue of Savage Avengers.
    end of spoilers

I guess I'm trying to understand the visual. Is there just a squishy tendril constantly clinging to the sword, or does it allow the sword to "morph" into something bigger/sharper?

I guess I'm trying to understand the visual. Is there just a squishy tendril constantly clinging to the sword, or does it allow the sword to "morph" into something bigger/sharper?
    Is Conan's sword the Ebony Blade?

Morphing his sword could be interesting, I think it's going to be similar to the sword Malekith is going to create during WOTR or to the All-Black sword Knull and King Loki are using.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    Is Conan's sword the Ebony Blade?
    Right now, Conan is just using his classic sword but with what's currently happening in WOTR (and after seeing the cover of the last issue) maybe the Ebony Blade will be somehow involved in the creation of this new savage symbiotic sword.

By the way the preview of the second issue is now online:

Extraordinary Member

Anyone else read the latest issue?

I was hyped for the lineup, the first issue was mixed, and this just lost me, which is a let down.

Not looking to bash it, although I am done with it, but I am curious to see what people might be enjoying about it that I overlooked.