Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Is this an ongoing? I can’t see how Conan is going to stick around beyond the first arc if so.
    It's entirely possible he won't stick around past the first arc. Avenger teams are known for having shifting rosters. At the same time, there could be time travel issues which keep him around longer. That happens too.

Oh this thread has been super entertaining to read through. Took people long enough to be annoyed.

This doesn't look like something I'd care for since I'm still salty about Agent Venom but I'm happy Voodoo is getting some more facetime.

Why is Punisher on the team?
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    we'll see what happens. I hope that privately, Marvel intends to move to buy Conan outright. It would be a shame for this latest run of the character to, well, run out, then the TPBs have to be altered or go out of print entirely. Seems like Marvel was re-exploring WeirdWorld to substitute for its RPG fantasy setting world.
    At a minimum, I would have to imagine that Marvel reached an agreement where they could always have the rights to stuff they've printed, even if they can't print new material (which would, incidentally, incetivize them to pump out as much Conan stuff as possible while they can).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Why is Punisher on the team?
    That's the million dollar question, because he is probably the toughest to justify joining this or any other team.

Again though, Avengers are known for having rotating rosters. It's possible I suppose he might just stick around for a misson or two then bail.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Hard pass for me. The only character remotely interesting to me is Jericho. If Emily joins at some point, that makes things more compelling, but I’d likely trade wait at best.

The only good thing I see is that they’ve grouped so many characters I dislike together that if they do come up with another avengers book, there’s quite a high likelihood I’ll like many of the characters. Of course I said the same thing after the new wca was announced and here we are.

Now waiting for wolverine to join the next iteration of young avengers
    Uncannily similar to how I feel. I won't be reading this. WCA I'm trade waiting (purely for Clint).

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yes, quite a few - but why would I waste my time bitching about things I'm not interested in?

If something's not for me, I simply don't comment on it.
    You are not obligated to post anything but if you only post positive stuff you come across as biased, a 'yes man' and fellow posters won't take your views seriously.

But then again, that might not bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    At a minimum, I would have to imagine that Marvel reached an agreement where they could always have the rights to stuff they've printed, even if they can't print new material (which would, incidentally, incetivize them to pump out as much Conan stuff as possible while they can).
    Plus I doubt Marvel will want to own Conan outright and make a movie for the same reason that we probably won't get a movie starring Namor. Conan was recently played by Jason Mamoa. Can't risk handing DC a pr win by having a Namor or Conan movie make less than Aquaman or the last Conan movie, both starting Momoa.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's the million dollar question, because he is probably the toughest to justify joining this or any other team.

Again though, Avengers are known for having rotating rosters. It's possible I suppose he might just stick around for a misson or two then bail.
    Frank has worked with Elektra in the past. Heck, they went as dates to Deadpool's wedding. And while he doesn't have the best relationship with Wolverine, he has worked with him and they can go five minutes without killing each other. He has no reason to hate Voodoo.

Maybe we will see a lighter, softer Frank after his time in a hellish prison?

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Frank has worked with Elektra in the past. Heck, they went as dates to Deadpool's wedding. And while he doesn't have the best relationship with Wolverine, he has worked with him and they can go five minutes without killing each other. He has no reason to hate Voodoo.

Maybe we will see a lighter, softer Frank after his time in a hellish prison?
    There's something amusing about how quickly Frank's status quo will switch from "having every single hero in the Marvel Universe trying to arrest him" to "working as partners with several superheroes." When you factor in the sliding timeline, it seems like there must have been situations where everyone just decided to change their mind about him over the course of a week or something.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Having Voodoo on the team I think could work quite well, as his magical powers could greatly amplify the killing potential of the other members and could be something of a blood sorcerer in an of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramorph View Post
    They had me at Venom. Hoping his dinosaur pals living under NYC play into this, seems like it would fit well.
    They would indeed. A group of anti-heroes leading an army of carnivorous dinosaur men sounds awesome.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Having Voodoo on the team I think could work quite well, as his magical powers could greatly amplify the killing potential of the other members and could be something of a blood sorcerer in an of himself.

They would indeed. A group of anti-heroes leading an army of carnivorous dinosaur men sounds awesome.
    That’s gotta be the strangest reason for inclusion i’ve ever heard- do we know how doctor voodoo feels about killing?

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    That’s gotta be the strangest reason for inclusion i’ve ever heard- do we know how doctor voodoo feels about killing?
    I'm not sure, but if he's allying with these characters, it can't bother him too much.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Plus I doubt Marvel will want to own Conan outright and make a movie for the same reason that we probably won't get a movie starring Namor. Conan was recently played by Jason Mamoa. Can't risk handing DC a pr win by having a Namor or Conan movie make less than Aquaman or the last Conan movie, both starting Momoa.
    Hey, here's an interesting question. When does Conan enter the public domain?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?