Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Anyone else read the latest issue?

I was hyped for the lineup, the first issue was mixed, and this just lost me, which is a let down.

Not looking to bash it, although I am done with it, but I am curious to see what people might be enjoying about it that I overlooked.
    I liked the first issue a lot and this was a bit of a letdown. Was hoping Elektra would show up, but I will at least finish the first arc but my hype has definitely died down.

I was hyped for the lineup, the first issue was mixed, and this just lost me, which is a let down.

Not looking to bash it, although I am done with it, but I am curious to see what people might be enjoying about it that I overlooked.
    I wasnt impressed either. Felt very flimsy and drawn out and it's only the second issue! I'm finding Deodato's quite muddy and indistinct as well. I'm sticking with it, simply because it's the only book I'll get to read Elektra, but I hope it improves soon.

It's still interesting to me,but definitely feels drawn out for only two issues in. I also feel a bit like a captive audience, as this is the only place Elektra will be appearing, like scouse mentioned.

I think this issue wasn't as good as the first issue (difficult to top a Wolverine/Conan fight lol) but I still enjoyed it. Cool character moments, great characterization of Wolverine & Conan and I like the main antagonist, I was just a little disappointed by the lack of Elektra.

I'm a little biased though since I'm a big fan of Wolverine & Conan, so seeing Conan smashed that Venom jar into Gath's face was really satisfying for me lol. That Punisher entrance also reminded me of the Punisher Max series, so it's always a good thing in my book.

Now I'm not saying that the book is flawless but damn if it's fun and entertaining and the art by Deodato is just perfect for this story in my opinion (I really like his Conan) and after seeing some art from the upcoming issues, I can't wait to see Elektra joins the party!
    Last edited by Hush; 06-06-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Underwhelming series thus far. Might drop it if the 3rd issue doesn't pick things up.

I think it will pick things up quite a bit,judging from the preview pages (where Elektra finally makes a formal appearance). It looks like the team (minute Venom) is assembled,and have their first real confrontation with Kulan Gath

https://www.cbr.com/elektra-joins-ma...vage-avengers/

Besides, the mystery around the third eye and where this particular symbiote came from have me intrigued

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    Underwhelming series thus far. Might drop it if the 3rd issue doesn't pick things up.
    I was so hyped for this book when it was announced.

But I read the first issue and pretty much hated it. Didn't bother to get the second.

The story is way, way too drawn out and Deodato's art just isn't cutting it here.

This is a book that should have hit the ground running, not have the first arc sloooowly have the team get together.

I might take another look when the next arc starts but won't touch it again till then.

It would be nice if Conan would get to fight the original Kraven, but, I suppose that's not going to happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I was so hyped for this book when it was announced.

But I read the first issue and pretty much hated it. Didn't bother to get the second.

The story is way, way too drawn out and Deodato's art just isn't cutting it here.

This is a book that should have hit the ground running, not have the first arc sloooowly have the team get together.

I might take another look when the next arc starts but won't touch it again till then.
    Based on this, I think the book's already been replaced and there won't be a next arc...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Based on this, I think the book's already been replaced and there won't be a next arc...
    I don't know. It does seem like having Savage Avengers and this team as well would be redundant. We'll find out what's what soon enough.

From the most recent interview:

"We're also going to expand our cast. I think it's a little unrealistic to think that all these characters can survive in Conan's orbit, so our original cast will come, go and eventually return, but we'll also start to see other characters very quickly."

CBR also asked if the book will feature a rotating cast of new and returning characters, Duggan answered:

"I think so. Anchored on the one side, we're going to have Conan and the characters he encounters, both heroes and villains in the Marvel Universe. Then, on the other side, you're going to have Kulan Gath not really trying to hide the fact that he's here to make things very comfortable for himself."

And when asked about the future of the series:

"We decompress a little bit in issue #6, but not very much. It's a book called Savage Avengers that stars Conan, so it has to have velocity. I love giving readers whiplash, and the book will continue to do that -- especially with some of the names that we're rolling in for our second arc.
    We'll have an announcement about someone who is going to succeed Mike on art that I'm really excited about. Plus, we'll have some new characters that will but heads with Conan in what I hope are some really fun ways."

source: https://www.cbr.com/interview-savage...#leave-comment

So maybe this teaser is about the new team for the second arc.

If this is basically just a stealth Conan book then I think I’m out after the first arc finishes. I was in this for Wolverine, Venom and Doctor Voodoo. Never really been interested in Conan do him being the center of things loses my interest.

If Wolverine ends up getting cycled out of the Savage Avengers, I wonder if he won't be the final member of whatever Ruthless team they're building here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    If this is basically just a stealth Conan book then I think I’m out after the first arc finishes. I was in this for Wolverine, Venom and Doctor Voodoo. Never really been interested in Conan do him being the center of things loses my interest.
    Same. I loved Duggan's Uncanny Avengers run and he wrote a great Elektra during it, but I'm not interested in it just being Conan surrounded by various characters and if Elektra is cycled out then the book will be dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Same. I loved Duggan's Uncanny Avengers run and he wrote a great Elektra during it, but I'm not interested in it just being Conan surrounded by various characters and if Elektra is cycled out then the book will be dropped.
    Same here.