Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I thought we already had a squad of anti heroes- red hulk’s thunderbolts.
    we don't discuss waybolts under the roof of the lord
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    we don't discuss waybolts under the roof of the lord
    This honestly feels like an attempt to redeem that idea, considering the roster.

Very disappointed Elektra didn't even show up. More like Sausage Avengers.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    This honestly feels like an attempt to redeem that idea, considering the roster.
    The Red Hulk Thunderbolts went for 32 issues, 2.5yrs so it's not like it was a failed roster with that moniker.
    In the publishing cycle of today where 18-22 issues is considered a healthy run that makes this a great run.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Very disappointed Elektra didn't even show up. More like Sausage Avengers.
    Same! And reading the solicits, I kind of wouldn't be surprised if she's not in the next issue (or barely in it), and won't show up until issue 3.

This is the kind of book I'd at least try out regardless, but Elektra's obviously the biggest draw for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Red Hulk Thunderbolts went for 32 issues, 2.5yrs so it's not like it was a failed roster with that moniker.
    In the publishing cycle of today where 18-22 issues is considered a healthy run that makes this a great run.
    It had a decent shelf-life, but I'm not sure many people would categorize the run overall (especially Way's initial arcs) as "good". It kind of skated by on the merits of the roster, not necessarily quality.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    It had a decent shelf-life, but I'm not sure many people would categorize the run overall (especially Way's initial arcs) as "good". It kind of skated by on the merits of the roster, not necessarily quality.
    Soule's contribution was the only run of that book worth reading in my opinion. Way's start was brutal.

Extraordinary Member

I am intrigued. The first issue had all sorts of problems structurally as a single issue, but the setup, the characters, the art, I am on board for the possibilities. Although, not much to really take away from this, a lot of setup seems to be needed getting the team together.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Any signs in this that Aaron's CtB could potentially be derailed? I'd rather drop off now than have to sit through any Conan in the MCU nonsense. Hopefully it goes untouched?

I've enjoyed the hell out of CtB so far, but I'm not down with Wolverine showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Doctor Voodoo- is Jericho really the token black character?
    Hey Now!! He has his fans too. He’s the only reason I’m reading this, well, and Elektra!!!

It was good to see him involved early, from the sound of things, Duggan really likes writing the character. So I’m expecting him front and center throughout this run.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Any signs in this that Aaron's CtB could potentially be derailed? I'd rather drop off now than have to sit through any Conan in the MCU nonsense. Hopefully it goes untouched?

I've enjoyed the hell out of CtB so far, but I'm not down with Wolverine showing up.
    I mean, we're only one issue in, so it's hard to say. However, it feels like any potential crossover of the present day roster into the Hyborian age will be restricted to this book, similar to how Scarlet Witch's jaunt to that age was restricted to No Road Home.

They could improve the roster and avoid Tokenism/Smurfette by swapping Venom for Blade (since he's leaving Avengers soon) and adding Widow (since she's homeless despite being a star in the hottest movie ever).
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    They could improve the roster and avoid Tokenism/Smurfette by swapping Venom for Blade (since he's leaving Avengers soon) and adding Widow (since she's homeless despite being a star in the hottest movie ever).
    Blade is such an obvious pick for this team that I'm surprised he isn't in it from the start.
    Widow actually has her own book and is starting in the Hotshots mini. She should be co-leading the Secret Avengers with Okoye thought.
    Aside crom Blade, I think Satana would have been a really solid choice and would make this team more balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Blade is such an obvious pick for this team that I'm surprised he isn't in it from the start.
    Widow actually has her own book and is starting in the Hotshots mini. She should be co-leading the Secret Avengers with Okoye thought.
    Aside crom Blade, I think Satana would have been a really solid choice and would make this team more balanced.
    Or damian hellstrom. But who said blade is leaving the avengers soon?

Said it months ago but yes Blade would be a perfect fit for this team.