Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Savage Avengers from Duggan and Deodato!!

Man, I know there's going to be bitching a griping because, you know, that's what a lot of fans like to do but fu*k 'em. I am ALL IN on this team.

https://ew.com/books/2019/02/14/cona...vengers-comic/

Conan, Wolverine, Venom, Punisher, Elektra, and Brother Voodoo. Hell fu*king YES to all of that.

With Duggan writing and Deodato drawing (with David Finch on covers - at least the first issue), I am stoked to see what they bring with this. Sounds like a can't miss recipe for bad-assery.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 02-14-2019 at 08:27 AM.

You had me at "Duggan is writting Wolverine".
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

yikes. i hope that Doctor Voodoo never refers to himself as a savage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    You had me at "Duggan is writting Wolverine".
    Seriously!

Ok, being serious i do like most of this characthers, Duggan being the writer is a huge plus and i don't mind Deodato's artwork as much as the rest of this forum...but that adjective is kind of ridiculous, it makes me think that they are running out of then lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Ok, being serious i do like most of this characthers, Duggan being the writer is a huge plus and i don't mind Deodato's artwork as much as the rest of this forum...but that adjective is kind of ridiculous, it makes me think that they are running out of then lol.
    I don't know. Seems like a good fit to me. Obviously it ties in with Conan but also this is an all-around pretty brutal bunch of characters.

I'm sure they're not going to run around actually calling themselves the Savage Avengers anymore than the Dark Avengers were actually called the Dark Avengers but as the title of the book I think it's totally fine.

Conan as an Avenger? Wow... didn't see that coming.

But it's a fun group. And I love the creative team.

Conan? He's meant to exist in the past, the Hyborian Age, not the present day Marvel Age. Maybe he gets stuck in the present during No Road Home (we know time travel shenanigans are involved there) and will be in the present until Savage Avengers ends? It won't affect his three solo books, as they're set at different points in his life anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How long does Marvel's licensing deal to use Conan run?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Conan? He's meant to exist in the past, the Hyborian Age, not the present day Marvel Age. Maybe he gets stuck in the present during No Road Home (we know time travel shenanigans are involved there) and will be in the present until Savage Avengers ends? It won't affect his three solo books, as they're set at different points in his life anyway.
    Don't forget, Dynamite recently had a series where Red Sonja wound up in our "present day".

Extraordinary Member

I am intrigued.

Brother Voodoo is a fun choice and we haven't really seen Conan interact with the MU like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I don't know. Seems like a good fit to me. Obviously it ties in with Conan but also this is an all-around pretty brutal bunch of characters.

I'm sure they're not going to run around actually calling themselves the Savage Avengers anymore than the Dark Avengers were actually called the Dark Avengers but as the title of the book I think it's totally fine.
    Really, I think "Mighty" was the only adjective that the Avengers actually used. They didn't go around calling themselves Uncanny either. MAYBE they called themselves NEW or SECRET once or twice, butI don't think it was ever a part of their official names.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    THat was sort of my first thought too. Giving a character who marvel is only borrowing this much spotight is sort of interesting. It's tough referring to these guys after their deals run out.

With Frank aka The Punishers (among others) inclusion the day is finally here... when being an Avenger means entirely nothing!

I knew this would happen one day when Wolverine was first added to the team but it doesn’t sting any less.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 02-14-2019 at 08:48 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I would imagine it'll never be relinquished. Same goes for Star Wars.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

ROFL, Conan on an Avengers roster. Supreme shark jump for the character. More annoyed Venom is there though.

Just waiting for Vader to join now.