Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure Voodoo is exactly just the token black guy. Duggan seems to really love him and he has plenty of connection to what could be happening.

Of course, this could also all go horrifically wrong. Fingers crossed?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    You had me at "Duggan is writting Wolverine".
    Same! I wonder if he’ll have the hot claws still?

Feels very Five Man Bandish, with clear Hero, Lancer, Smart Guy, The Chick, The Big Guy, and the Sixth Ranger. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FiveManBand

Despite all the griping on here it will still likely be the top selling Avengers book. And the best written if Duggan’s UA run is anything to go by.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Everything about this is horrible. After Infinity, I'm surprised Duggan can find work.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 02-15-2019 at 06:53 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Despite all the griping on here it will still likely be the top selling Avengers book. And the best written if Duggan’s UA run is anything to go by.
    Agreed, with Wolverine, Venom and Conan in the book this is gonna sell like crazy.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This is like Red Hulk Thunderbolts reborn. Probably the only Conan book I'll pick up. Wish Duggan could've fit in one more chick.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Interesting team of Avengers and Mike Deodato being the artist makes this a cool new comic book.
    Dunno if i will be adding this comic book to my pull list.
    But i will be picking up the first issue for sure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Conan? He's meant to exist in the past, the Hyborian Age, not the present day Marvel Age. Maybe he gets stuck in the present during No Road Home (we know time travel shenanigans are involved there) and will be in the present until Savage Avengers ends? It won't affect his three solo books, as they're set at different points in his life anyway.
    As far as i know Conan only have two ongoing comic books.Conan the Barbarian and Savage Sword of Conan.
    Age of Conan:Belit is not a Conan solo comic book,it´s actually a five part limited series of Belit,a classic suporting cast of the Conan stories.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Everything about this is horrible. After Infinity, I'm surprised Duggan can find work.
    Infinity was awful, but part of what made it so frustrating was that Duggan is a good writer. And you could see bits of that in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This is like Red Hulk Thunderbolts reborn. Probably the only Conan book I'll pick up. Wish Duggan could've fit in one more chick.
    I still wish they would have added Psylocke or Domino. Then it'd be like X-Force.

we'll see what happens. I hope that privately, Marvel intends to move to buy Conan outright. It would be a shame for this latest run of the character to, well, run out, then the TPBs have to be altered or go out of print entirely. Seems like Marvel was re-exploring WeirdWorld to substitute for its RPG fantasy setting world.

I just don't like Venom on the team.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 02-15-2019 at 08:23 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This would've been a good time to bring back Julia Carpenter or Blond Widow.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    we'll see what happens. I hope that privately, Marvel intends to move to buy Conan outright. It would be a shame for this latest run of the character to, well, run out, then the TPBs have to be altered or go out of print entirely. Seems like Marvel was re-exploring WeirdWorld to substitute for its RPG fantasy setting world.

I just don't like Venom on the team.
    Marvel is a subset of Disney now. There's just something wrong about Disney owning Conan.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Marvel is a subset of Disney now. There's just something wrong about Disney owning Conan.
    I get that to an extent. But if marvel can own Punisher, I suppose they can own Conan.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This would've been a good time to bring back Julia Carpenter or Blond Widow.
    That would be AMAZING!