Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

still not feeling it.

Just finished reading this and damn was this badass. I could read Conan/Wolverine fights all day long if they're this good. Duggan and Deodato absolutely killed it and after the last couple of pages I was truly gasping. The Hand has F'd up BIG TIME.

Yep, this is right up my ally.

100% IN
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

First issue was pretty fun, definetly excited for what is to come.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I'm liking things so far, the Logan/Conan interactions were fun and the setup for this team seems interesting.
    The Hand really has no idea of the absolute terror that's coming their way with what they've done to Frank's family.
    Jericho's status quo is about to get very interesting with what happened in this issue and what's going to happen in the next issue.
    My only gripe is the scene with Jericho and Logan seemed so out of place I thought I skipped a page.

so, so far, Conan is hanging out in the Savage Land? Is he speaking "English"? If not, that's going to be an issue..

Conan has a pretty decent damage soak for a normal human, even Wolverine's claws did not really do much, nor falling down from a tower.

This was indeed a fun first issue, though if course I'm disappointed Elektra didn't show up (though I wonder what was up with the mini ninja Jericho was holding before his capture...).

I think it's a good setup, it'll be interesting to see how it continues.

Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Conan? He's meant to exist in the past, the Hyborian Age, not the present day Marvel Age. Maybe he gets stuck in the present during No Road Home (we know time travel shenanigans are involved there) and will be in the present until Savage Avengers ends? It won't affect his three solo books, as they're set at different points in his life anyway.
    I thought he only had two?

BANNED

How many issues is Deodato going to be on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    How many issues is Deodato going to be on this?
    However long the first arc is, so probably five or six issues in all

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so, so far, Conan is hanging out in the Savage Land? Is he speaking "English"? If not, that's going to be an issue..
    Scarlet Witch cast a spell on him so they could understand each other. Presumably that enchantment will remain in place as long as Wanda and Conan are in the same time period. That's how he can understand English.

Quote Originally Posted by Question1987 View Post
    I thought he only had two?
    Barbarian, Savage Sword, and Age of Conan?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-02-2019 at 08:47 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    With Frank aka The Punishers (among others) inclusion the day is finally here... when being an Avenger means entirely nothing!

I knew this would happen one day when Wolverine was first added to the team but it doesn’t sting any less.
    So when they were blowing up planets, fighting one another while teh world ends and they let Dr. Doom help...that wasn't even a blip for you huh? Also why is it so strange that this happens? I mean it was a regular thing with the X-men, Spider people in Spider-geddon and Guardians, i figured they were overdue to create a squad made of anti heroes.

On a side note, i used to think the Thieves guild were the stupidest sons of bitches for stealing the Punisher's guns...now i stand corrected because now teh Hand holds that title for desecrating his family, oh the blood will flow all right once he catches up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So when they were blowing up planets, fighting one another while teh world ends and they let Dr. Doom help...that wasn't even a blip for you huh? Also why is it so strange that this happens? I mean it was a regular thing with the X-men, Spider people in Spider-geddon and Guardians, i figured they were overdue to create a squad made of anti heroes.

On a side note, i used to think the Thieves guild were the stupidest sons of bitches for stealing the Punisher's guns...now i stand corrected because now teh Hand holds that title for desecrating his family, oh the blood will flow all right once he catches up to them.
    I thought we already had a squad of anti heroes- red hulk’s thunderbolts.