Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Same. I loved Duggan's Uncanny Avengers run and he wrote a great Elektra during it, but I'm not interested in it just being Conan surrounded by various characters and if Elektra is cycled out then the book will be dropped.
    Yea at that point Savage Avengers is just code for Conan Team-Up. And just based on early interviews of the series, it comes across as false advertising since it’s only now that they’re mentioning a rotating roster with Conan at the center as basically the only constant.

So I guess Kulan gath never met Conan before. This should be interesting. And I never knew there was a savage land history pre ka-Zar.
    Last edited by protege; 06-13-2019 at 09:32 PM.

Cover and solicit for Savage Avengers #5

SAVAGE AVENGERS #5
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • MIKE DEODATO JR. (A) • Cover by DAVID FINCH
    IMMORTAL WRAPAROUND VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • The Marrow God has eaten the sentient population of entire planets, but he never had to dance with the Savage Avengers. Kulan Gath is on the verge of defeat…or is that what he wanted the entire time?
    • A Pyrrhic victory lights a fuse that will only burn more of the Marvel Universe.
    • Plus, the Punisher is curious about Crom…

I like the line up. I havnt heard them refer to themselves as Avengers yet, Then again not all the members are present. I hope they dont call themselves Avengers. I like Conan being in the book as I have never read a Conan story. It will be a good chance for me to get to know him. I loved that the only reason he wanted in the city in the first place was for treasure. Not to avenge or right some wrong. it shows that his mindset is still set in the past.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I like the line up. I havnt heard them refer to themselves as Avengers yet, Then again not all the members are present. I hope they dont call themselves Avengers. I like Conan being in the book as I have never read a Conan story. It will be a good chance for me to get to know him. I loved that the only reason he wanted in the city in the first place was for treasure. Not to avenge or right some wrong. it shows that his mindset is still set in the past.
    Sadly if you like the cast of the book outside of Conan, you’ll end up disappointed as Conan is gonna be the only constant member with the team rotating out. So I wouldn’t expect them to ever call the team Avengers as it seems to just be using the name for clickbait similar to Avengers Arena and Avengers Undercover. Personally I’m probably gonna drop it after the first arc since I don’t really have any interest in Conan and was only in it for the likes of Wolverine, Venom and Voodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Sadly if you like the cast of the book outside of Conan, you’ll end up disappointed as Conan is gonna be the only constant member with the team rotating out. So I wouldn’t expect them to ever call the team Avengers as it seems to just be using the name for clickbait similar to Avengers Arena and Avengers Undercover. Personally I’m probably gonna drop it after the first arc since I don’t really have any interest in Conan and was only in it for the likes of Wolverine, Venom and Voodoo.
    Suddenly i’m Worried that Deadpool is gonna show up. Might be worth it,if Conan clocks him.

I am not upset by the rotating roster. I am not a huge fan of Wolverine or Elektra anyway. I am looking forward to getting to know Conan as I have never been exposed to him in the past. Though to be honest I cant think of too many blood thirsty killer heroes that they want to put in the book.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

This issue felt like things finally got moving, even if it still feels a bit decompressed. The whole team is finally together, the threat is escalated, and we finally learn how this Venom symbiote joins the team (which also answers how Conan gets his symbiote sword).

I do have to say, though, after 2ish issues I'm a bit tired of Frank's dialogue consisting overwhelmingly of "Where are they". Not saying it's unrealistic or anything, just grating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Duggan said Black Widow and Winter soldier will show up in the next arc. Stay a little longer if you like them.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Currently MagSeven

I'm loving the Wolverine & Conan dynamic. "Together with this dwarven champion!" LOL.

I'm wondering what will be the settings of the future arcs. Is the Savage Land really supposed to be super-vast? How many square miles? Are all of the adventures taking place there? Where else can Conan go where he won't be totally thrown off by the modern world? Nova Roma? Some of those underground cities that Marvel scarcely references anymore? https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Subterranea

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The Savage Land is literally supposed to cover Antarctica entirely isn't it?

Also, Elektra improved this title 100%.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    I'm loving the Wolverine & Conan dynamic. "Together with this dwarven champion!" LOL.
    I will say, Conan using a passed out Wolverine as a weapon nearly made me literally lol

Anyone else getting a weird suspicion in the back of their minds that maybe...just maaaayyybe...Conan might be Frank's Ancestor?