Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Why would they ever WANT to end it? They announced it nearly a year in advance for a reason. Getting him back was a major reason to celebrate! The rights were originally relinquished when Marvel were in financial trouble. Now they have Disney money. Conan is going nowhere. Ever. That contract will be perpetually renewed until the character rights go public domain.

They're not "going back" to that costume, it's her current one. Hasn't she been wearing that look ever since her last solo?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Would of liked to see Skaar on this team.

I'll probably give this a shot, though having Conan on a team....eughhhh....not sure how I feel about that.

the lack of flavor that this team has.............c’mon duggan. we thought you were gonna bring peace to the land

yeah this team screams ‘savage’. venom and wolverine and punisher and conan!!!!! yeah, elektra is pretty savage??? uh i guess voodoo is known for his quick temper and anger

If it weren’t for Elektra, Duggan notes, the series could also have been called the “Sausage Avengers.” But she’s an important part of the team, not least for her longtime experience with the Hand. Duggan describes her role thusly: “She’s working this like a methodical detective, while everyone else is running through walls like the Kool-Aid Man and stabbing people.”
    im DRAINED
    having one woman on a team doesn’t mean it isn’t a sausage party anymore.

They def need more women on this team. Maybe someone like Natasha could have fit the lineup altho she doesn't exactly scream 'savage' either

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

This isn't the kind of book for me. Conan being on the team is interesting from a licensing stand point, but this is a difficult sell for me.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why would they ever WANT to end it? They announced it nearly a year in advance for a reason. Getting him back was a major reason to celebrate! The rights were originally relinquished when Marvel were in financial trouble. Now they have Disney money. Conan is going nowhere. Ever. That contract will be perpetually renewed until the character rights go public domain.
    Yeah, I don't see Disney letting go of the rights any time soon, if ever.

Also, LOL to the "I guess being Avenger doesn't mean anything anymore" crowd. "Anyone" could be an Avenger as soon as Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver joined back in issue #16. Suddenly you had a bunch of no names and former criminals under the banner of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. And certainly once Wolverine and Spider-Man joined, there was no longer any self-imposed reason that any popular character couldn't be put on the team.

I'm sure, though, that this won't be a sanctioned team within the MU and won't be rubbing shoulders with the main team at Avengers Mountain.

And an eye roll to any complaints about a lack of diversity here. I'm all for inclusion but not every book has to be a checklist of gender and ethnic diversity. Sometimes just bringing a group of characters together because it might make for a fun book is enough.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Oh god, I was enjoying CONAN THE BARBARIAN too. Looks like Marvel is going to over exploit the character.

Such a missed opportunity. So many potentially amazing directions a new Avengers title can go and they give us this sweaty grimdark fan-fic dumpster fire. I have bowel obstruction just looking at it, for all craps I couldn't give about this.

Extraordinary Member

Who is this for, exactly?

If you are a fan of the novels you probably weren't sure that Marvel could do Conan justice anymore (Conan the King was a long time ago-maybe you've only seen the indy comics) and then they do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

Also, LOL to the "I guess being Avenger doesn't mean anything anymore" crowd. "Anyone" could be an Avenger as soon as Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver joined back in issue #16. Suddenly you had a bunch of no names and former criminals under the banner of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. And certainly once Wolverine and Spider-Man joined, there was no longer any self-imposed reason that any popular character couldn't be put on the team.

I'm sure, though, that this won't be a sanctioned team within the MU and won't be rubbing shoulders with the main team at Avengers Mountain.

And an eye roll to any complaints about a lack of diversity here. I'm all for inclusion but not every book has to be a checklist of gender and ethnic diversity. Sometimes just bringing a group of characters together because it might make for a fun book is enough.
    You know you don't have to defend every decision Marvel ever makes right lmao? I'm looking forward to the book too but someone criticizing it for having 1 girl on a team with only dudes is a reasonable critique.

Me: "You can't make a worse line-up than Way's Thunderbolts"
    Marvel: "Hold my cup of young mutants blood"
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    You know you don't have to defend every decision Marvel ever makes right lmao? I'm looking forward to the book too but someone criticizing it for having 1 girl on a team with only dudes is a reasonable critique.
    But an all-female group is totally acceptable!?

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    But an all-female group is totally acceptable!?
    Yeah, because it hasn't been the standard occurrence for decades, whereas the "bunch of dudes and a girl" team paradigm has been a constant since the JSA in the 1940s.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

It's a fair point about the Kooky Quartet essentially establishing that anyone can be an Avenger. Once you had 2 mutant terrorists and the criminal boyfriend of a Russian spy joining, standards are sort of thrown out the window.