Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post
    You are not obligated to post anything but if you only post positive stuff you come across as biased, a 'yes man' and fellow posters won't take your views seriously.

But then again, that might not bother you.
    That is correct.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    There's something amusing about how quickly Frank's status quo will switch from "having every single hero in the Marvel Universe trying to arrest him" to "working as partners with several superheroes." When you factor in the sliding timeline, it seems like there must have been situations where everyone just decided to change their mind about him over the course of a week or something.
    Well, I mean, I think most people just tolerate him. Besides, it's be hypocritical for them to arrest him this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I'm not sure, but if he's allying with these characters, it can't bother him too much.
    Voodoo has worked with less savory and more violent people in the past. He's normally shown to still be the nicest person in the room, but still, he'll do it.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Voodoo has worked with less savory and more violent people in the past. He's normally shown to still be the nicest person in the room, but still, he'll do it.
    Which characters precisely?
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    That’s gotta be the strangest reason for inclusion i’ve ever heard- do we know how doctor voodoo feels about killing?
    I'm not sure, but if he's allying with these characters, it can't bother him too much.
    I don't know much about Voodoo, I've mostly just read him in Uncanny Avengers, but it seemed odd for me right off the bat that he would team up with these characters. Will the writer use him as a sort of moral compass for this team?
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I don't know much about Voodoo, I've mostly just read him in Uncanny Avengers, but it seemed odd for me right off the bat that he would team up with these characters. Will the writer use him as a sort of moral compass for this team?
    I think the threat they are dealing with will likely be magical in nature, so a guy like Voodoo might be useful in a practical sense. If we're possible dealing with time travel or whatever, you probably more than just guys with bullets and swords.

Obviously Strange is the go-to magic guy under normal circumstances, but Voodoo works. With this group he probably works a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Well, he didn't have an issue working with Elektra in Uncanny Avengers. I doubt he'll be 100 percent okay with everything the team does, but I'm willing to bet the threat will be big enough for him to set things aside.

Also, while this is an ongoing, I wouldn't be surprised if there's decent turnover in roster between arcs. Maybe he bounces once the magic aspect is dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Well, he didn't have an issue working with Elektra in Uncanny Avengers. I doubt he'll be 100 percent okay with everything the team does, but I'm willing to bet the threat will be big enough for him to set things aside.

Also, while this is an ongoing, I wouldn't be surprised if there's decent turnover in roster between arcs. Maybe he bounces once the magic aspect is dealt with.
    I don't know about a turnover... how many Marvel characters can truly fit the "savage" category?

This is just plain curiosity on my part at this point. I said before I wasn't interested in this title, and it still stands. Having said that, I'm not hating on it at all, just saying it's not my cup of tea. The only thing that irks me a bit is ithe use of "Avengers" in the title.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I will agree that using the Avengers banner is odd, but as this team is kind of a gamble I understand the branding to give it a chance. I don't know how much I'm truly interested in this, but it has Elektra, so I'm obligated

Extraordinary Member

Which characters precisely?
    Doom and a bit of work with the Midnight Sons and Morbius.

The more time I think on it the more excited I am getting for this series. As long as we get non Infinity Wars Duggan we could have a major hit on our hands.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    The more time I think on it the more excited I am getting for this series. As long as we get non Infinity Wars Duggan we could have a major hit on our hands.
    That was so bad. He's such a great writer so I still don't get what happened there.

After reading Duggan's first issue of Savage Sword of Conan, I'm a little more excited about this.
    The roster is still a little iffy to me, thought. Mostly because it's a sausage fest and yet another team book for Wolverine.
    Which got me thinking this team would have been perfect for Daken, Blade and Satana.
    Daken would bring a lot of Logan's appeal, Blade would bring a little more star power (plus a connection to the current main Avengers) and Satana would just be an awesome wildcard to have. Conan interacting with the daughter of Satan would be priceless.

They could even use the current Avengers arc as a launching pad for this new team. After the whole vampire war, BP's team would see the need for a team specialized in dealing with extreme and supernatural situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    After reading Duggan's first issue of Savage Sword of Conan, I'm a little more excited about this.
    The roster is still a little iffy to me, thought. Mostly because it's a sausage fest and yet another team book for Wolverine.
    Which got me thinking this team would have been perfect for Daken, Blade and Satana.
    Daken would bring a lot of Logan's appeal, Blade would bring a little more star power (plus a connection to the current main Avengers) and Satana would just be an awesome wildcard to have. Conan interacting with the daughter of Satan would be priceless.

They could even use the current Avengers arc as a launching pad for this new team. After the whole vampire war, BP's team would see the need for a team specialized in dealing with extreme and supernatural situations.
    Sold!! I officially demand for Satana to join so she and Conan can interact.

This definitely sounds like a more interesting team, even if it's probably missing the "star power" that went into the roster as it is now.

Blade and Satana definetly would have been good options, but i definetly wouldn't want Daken in Logan's place.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona