Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

It suddenly occurs to me that the savage avengers will probably be part of whatever venom event is happening this summer. That means, I probably won’t be able to avoid it as much as I want to.

Oh my God, Mike is leaving Marvel and Savage is their way of letting him go out drawing some of his favorites OMG this is so soft I changed my mind go Savage Avengers shdjejbdsjkdnejd UWU

https://twitter.com/mikedeodato/stat...75026844729345
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Oh my God, Mike is leaving Marvel and Savage is their way of letting him go out drawing some of his favorites OMG this is so soft I changed my mind go Savage Avengers shdjejbdsjkdnejd UWU

Awww. He was my fave marvel artist. Guess I'll enjoy him in Savage while I can.

That's sad to hear. He's one of my favorites. Well with Savage Avengers it looks like he's leaving with a bang.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

yeah this is def uwu

He's leaving Marvel in June, so it sounds like he's only doing one trade - did he just let slip that this is just a mini?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Definitely hate to see Deodato leave as I love his work and he was the main reason for me being interested in this series. Hopefully Duggan writes an amazing arc for him to go out on.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's leaving Marvel in June, so it sounds like he's only doing one trade - did he just let slip that this is just a mini?
    Nah - I'm thinking he's just STARTING this. As long as they have Duggan this is probably an ongoing, since it features so many lucrative characters.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

It's an ongoing.

I really hope to see Leiniu Yu drawing the next arc.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's not uncommon for a big name artist to be promoted for a book and then last one trade. Isn't Sara Pachelli off Fantastic Four?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    It's an ongoing.

I really hope to see Leiniu Yu drawing the next arc.
    Having Yu do an arc would be fantastic.

Btw, here's a super small preview for the first issue (apologies if this has been posted):

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...ers-1-preview/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's not uncommon for a big name artist to be promoted for a book and then last one trade. Isn't Sara Pachelli off Fantastic Four?
    Same thing happened with Champions, come to think of it. Sean Izaakse only did issues 19-24, and a few pages of 25 (split across two trades, but it's still only six full issues). Both Infinity Countdown and the Weirdworld arc had different artists, and Izaakse moved on to Avengers No Road Home. Then Zub suggested that they bring in the artist from his Wayward series. He thought he could be another guest artist, but editorial, clearing liking the Wayward art, instead suggested a relaunch, and he got the job full time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, artists don't last for much more than an arc these days. Very few books have any artistic consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Having Yu do an arc would be fantastic.

Btw, here's a super small preview for the first issue (apologies if this has been posted):

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...ers-1-preview/
    Great looking pages. I am really gonna miss Deodato drawing Marvel characters.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, artists don't last for much more than an arc these days. Very few books have any artistic consistency.
    The best do one arc on one arc off and make the artist still the "main" artist.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?