Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    With Frank aka The Punishers inclusion the day is finally here... when being an Avenger means entirely nothing!

I knew this would happen one day when Wolverine was first added to the team but it doesn’t sting any less.
    During Hickmans run we had an "Avengers" team going around blowing up planets... so this book arguably will be a big step down from that.

But the thing is, Hickmans New Avengers weren't necessariy a real Avengers team... and it's possible this group might not actually be an Avengers team either. It could simply be using the name to help market the book.

My initial repsonse is "lol I hate this"

Like everything about this sucks. Having Conan. Elektra being the only woman. Avengers name being forced on this.

But then I realized perhaps we're back at making a handful Avengers teams at once so maybe more teams will be announced in the following months and that would be nice

Yeah, I can still see New Avengers happening. Only two of the No Road Home Avengers are accounted for after all (Hawkeye and Conan). And then there's everyone still limboed or not on teams after No Surrender. Young Avengers is possible too, but that would probably replace West Coast and thus not be an extra book.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Really, I think "Mighty" was the only adjective that the Avengers actually used. They didn't go around calling themselves Uncanny either. MAYBE they called themselves NEW or SECRET once or twice, butI don't think it was ever a part of their official names.
    New Avengers was the official name for Ewing's team. Uncanny you're right, they were actually called the Avengers Unity Division or Unity Squad.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-14-2019 at 08:53 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I can still see New Avengers happening. Only two of the No Road Home Avengers are accounted for after all (Hawkeye and Conan). And then there's everyone still limboed or not on teams after No Surrender.
    New Avengers was the official name for Ewing's team. Uncanny you're right, they were actually called the Avengers Unity Division or Unity Squad.
    There's no reason not to have multiple Avenger books. Even a sattelite Avengers book will likely sell better than at least half the books marvel publishes.

I think it's fine to have Aarons book the ONLY book for a short window of time to make it feel a bit more special... but that window has come and gone. I think it would be dumb not to have at least 2 if not 3.

Probably an Avengers in name only team. Still can't imagine Frank being an actual Avenger. Duggan writing Logan is an automatic win for me tho

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Probably an Avengers in name only team. Still can't imagine Frank being an actual Avenger. Duggan writing Logan is an automatic win for me tho
    I would agree about Frank... though back in the day people said that about Wolverine.

I think having that one guy who people can't imagine being an Avenger is almost a part of the formula for new teams at this point.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Now this is an Avengers book I can get behind!
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

It's sort of interesting that Wanda isn't on the team, considering she and Voodoo are dating. I think No Road Home implied they're living together. I wonder if he's doing this behind her back.

I would agree about Frank... though back in the day people said that about Wolverine.

I think having that one guy who people can't imagine being an Avenger is almost a part of the formula for new teams at this point.
    Good point. I've actually being binge reading the original New Avengers and Logan joining the team still feels kinda weird looking back at it. I've gotten used to him as an Avenger now but it still feels a bit weird when Stark recruits him after the Savage Land arc. Unlike that team though, this isn't the main Avengers team so I think Frank and venom being on the team makes much more sense

Extraordinary Member

Of course Frank would never be allowed on a real Avengers team, but I'm interested in seeing how he fits here. Everyone else I can see working together, but Frank? Not so much. So that will be fun.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Being an Avenger stopped meaning anything a while ago.

This sounds like Red Hulk Thunderbolt run with Deadpool, Elektra, Agent Venom, and Punisher under the Avengers banner.

It's sort of interesting that Wanda isn't on the team, considering she and Voodoo are dating. I think No Road Home implied they're living together. I wonder if he's doing this behind her back.
    Or she's dead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oh that's Jericho Drumm, I didn't recognize him at first because he isn't in any kind of costume.

I was kinda hoping that it was Sunspot and artists were finally drawing him dark skinned again.

So it's X-Force for the Avengers, but they already have an A-Force so they can't call it that.

I'm sure it'll be a cool self-contained thing. I can't see it having a part in any major crossover books or anything since I'm assuming that would kill any reprints of it after that Conan licence ends.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Sounds like a fun book, but not one I think really sounds like an Avengers title beyond branding.

I really don't care for Conan being an Avenger (or in the regular Marvel Universe) and, while I like Duggan's Logan, I was really not looking forward to him being an "Avenger" again.

(And are we really going to call Venom a Superhero now? Okay).

I'm kind of surprised they're going back to Elektra's Netflix-inspired costume.