Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    With Frank aka The Punishers (among others) inclusion the day is finally here... when being an Avenger means entirely nothing!

I knew this would happen one day when Wolverine was first added to the team but it doesn’t sting any less.
    Kinda odd since Frank and Elektra aren't what anyone would call team players (see their time spent with Red Hulk's Thunderbolts).
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Yeah, because it hasn't been the standard occurrence for decades, whereas the "bunch of dudes and a girl" team paradigm has been a constant since the JSA in the 1940s.
    And what is the problem with an all-male teams!? Why Elektra is part of this team!?

This definitely isn't an official team because the first thing Duggan says in the article is "This is an unsanctioned team of heroes". This really isn't my thing but I've been wanting to see Doctor Voodoo in something again, so I'll check it out. And I hope this isn't the only team book on the horizon there's some characters that could really use a home these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    yeah this team screams ‘savage’. venom and wolverine and punisher and conan!!!!! yeah, elektra is pretty savage??? uh i guess voodoo is known for his quick temper and anger

im DRAINED
    having one woman on a team doesn’t mean it isn’t a sausage party anymore.
    My guess is Voodoo is there to be the non "savage" one especially considering he's not even wearing a costume, but a suit on the cover. You're definitely right on the other aspects though.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

This looks fun! It's nice to see Wolverine back in the larger MU again but I wish there were more women on the team. I can't say I love Duggan and Deodato but I'll definitely check out the first issue!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's sort of interesting that Wanda isn't on the team, considering she and Voodoo are dating. I think No Road Home implied they're living together. I wonder if he's doing this behind her back.
    Voodoo isn't in No Road Home, so she doesn't have to be in his title for them to be living together.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    And what is the problem with an all-male teams!? Why Elektra is part of this team!?
    Because those have been a more frequent occurrence (and have certainly garnered more actual series vs. showing up for a random storyline, only to never been seen again) in the history of comics than all women teams.

I hope kulan gath shows up at some point.

Nevermind.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    You know you don't have to defend every decision Marvel ever makes right lmao? I'm looking forward to the book too but someone criticizing it for having 1 girl on a team with only dudes is a reasonable critique.
    I think that type of criticism is just an eye roller. And, for the record, I find it equally ridiculous when people complain about a group having too many women or minorities.

It's not a defending Marvel thing on my part, it's a "can we stop viewing everything through the prism of some social agenda?" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Voodoo isn't in No Road Home, so she doesn't have to be in his title for them to be living together.
    He will be. But not as part of the team. It's irrelevant anyway - NRH ends before Savage begins.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I hope kulan gath shows up at some point.
    I'm kind of assuming he's the main villain of the story. He's a Conan villain that sort of migrated into the modern day marvel universe. The story he did back in the Uncanny X-Men book really made me a fan of his.

BANNED

Ι demand a Rebel Avengers with Luke, Leia and Han teaming with Captain America, Natasha and Wolverine against Darth Vader and the Red Skull.
    Now, humour aside, i was expecting Thor in that roster. I would like to see what kind of chemistry the Odinson would have with the Kimmerian.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 02-14-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Conan as an Avenger? Anything is possible.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Because those have been a more frequent occurrence (and have certainly garnered more actual series vs. showing up for a random storyline, only to never been seen again) in the history of comics than all women teams.
    Yeah, all-female teams are few and far between. It's fun to shake things up a bit. And I'm sure they could find some dangerous female characters.

Sort of would be fun to see Psylocke on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Ι demand a Rebel Avengers with Luke, Leia and Han teaming with Captain America, Natasha and Wolverine against Darth Vader and the Red Skull.
    Now, humour aside, i was expecting Thor in that roster. I would like to see what kind of chemistry the Odinson would have with the Kimmerian.
    I’m hearing a lot of good ideas that i hope the writers will pick up on Conan needs to meet thor, hercules, ares and the black knight.