Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I love Duggan's writing and I love Elektra so I'm in! Her guest arc in Uncanny Avengers was excellent!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Bruh this is Wolverine we're talking about. At some point, they're gonna put him on the main Avengers team, an X-Force team, and a side X-Men team in addition to this team and Uncanny
    But first Wolverine takes over as Living Tribunal. And then he gets killed, but comes back as Eternity. The omniverse with claws. You heard it here first!!!
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

I think you guys are being a bit harsh. Duggan has a few successes under his belt, these characters are in different places than they used to be, and it looks fun.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gerrydugg...26040169009152

Someone asked if we are getting Synapse, Duggan responded with a checkmark. Confirmation???????

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think you guys are being a bit harsh. Duggan has a few successes under his belt, these characters are in different places than they used to be, and it looks fun.
    Putting Logan in a team with Conan is just freaking fun. That to me is a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Four characters who already have books, one of whom has two ongoings. Four white guys. One woman. One brother. One character who is not even Marvel's (I'm officially on team "They shouldn't have gotten this license back" now.) Literally a 90's/Daniel Way nightmare. Meanwhile, a ton of Avengers remain in limbo. Yikes.
    "You'll get nothing and like it!!!" Rumored to be MAGA Comics Group's, er, Marvel Comics Group's new unofficial motto.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, I don't see Disney letting go of the rights any time soon, if ever.
    It all depends on how the deals were structured in the first place. Disney may not have the sole right to keeping the deal on-going or not. (Marvel had such crappy deals where they couldn't take back movie rights from Fox and from Sony because Marvel was desperate and made lousy deals, probably not realizing they would later live to regret those terms years later.)

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    "You'll get nothing and like it!!!" Rumored to be MAGA Comics Group's, er, Marvel Comics Group's new unofficial motto.
    I think there's hope for the Avengers in limbo with No Road Home though.

Meh, i feel bad for the people that miss other Avengers that haven't been seen in a while, but honestly Duggan is usually a pretty good writer and he probably can make this fun, i trust him, so i had good reason to be invested on this, even if Elektra and Wolverine are the only ones that i'm emotionally invested (i don't have a problem with the rest of the group, but i'm not a great fan of then) i'm pretty sure that he would create a compelling team dynamic.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Meh, i feel bad for the people that miss other Avengers that haven't been seen in a while, but honestly Duggan is usually a pretty good writer and he probably can make this fun, i trust him, so i had good reason to be invested on this, even if Elektra and Wolverine are the only ones that i'm emotionally invested (i don't have a problem with the rest of the group, but i'm not a great fan of then) i'm pretty sure that he would create a compelling team dynamic.
    The book will be good, yeah.

I'm hype to read it--

--on Unlimited.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think there's hope for the Avengers in limbo with No Road Home though.
    Perhaps. I think we have a format that will allow for similar groupings of Avengers -- some old, some new -- that could carry the day. Maybe.

Then again, I've been reading comics for 40+ years and I still don't see the type of characters/stories that I want to see on a consistent basis. Probably best not to expect too much from Marvel.

I absolutely hate the idea of Conan canon mixing with Marvel canon. REH's Hyborean Age is based on obsolete pseudo-scientific theories on the development of civilizations and ethnicities, which are quite intriguing and fun in their own world, but do absolutely not work when confronted with the present day.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    There were at least two What Ifs? back in the day where Conan ended up in the present. One where he stabbed Captain America but may have eventually joined the Avengers, another where he traded places with Wolverine on the moon during the Dark Phoenix saga and was incinerated with everyone else there when Jean lost it.
    Yes, What Ifs. No canon books.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But didn't Disney buy-out Lucasfilm / the Star Wars franchise from Lucas? (https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...sfilm/1669739/)

I'm not sure if Disney owns Conan outright or not.
    They don't. Conan is owned by Conan Properties International, part of Cabinet Entertainment. Marvel has the comics licence, and only that.

This could be very interesting. Not a big fan of the lineup but it's Duggan so I will give the first arc a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse (who am I kidding I’m beating it with intent), but was anyone clamoring for the return of Way’s Thunderbolts? And calling this team “Avengers” might be the only thing sillier than calling Way’s book Thunderbolts.

Electra and maybe Jericho are the only reasons I would consider picking this up, but I don’t have that much patience for Deodato’s art these days and I don’t see the appeal of a team structured around excessive violence. And I don’t like that Elektra’s already back in the TV show costume even after the show got canceled.

Edit: And as was said, Marvel has a weird problem with structuring teams exclusively out of characters who are overexposed lately. It’s bewildering.
    Agreed, personally I think that is what happens when you graduate fanboys into writers instead of finding supremely creative writers and mentor them into your company. This is literally the reason Wolverine was better off dead (pun intended). There is like no other character that can be written to prominence. What are the writers being paid?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Good that they're playing around with Voodoo's look, because his normal costume looks way too similar to Strange's new one.
    That’s okay,i’m Not reading dr. Strange right now anyway.