Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Doctor Doom vs Wonder Woman

1. Victor (616 from 1987 thru 2010) vs. Diana (Post-COIE/Pre-Flashpoint).

2. Victor (616 from 2011 thru 2015) vs. Diana (New52)

3. Victor (616 from 2016 thru current) vs. Diana (Rebirth/current)

10-second prep for both, standard gear allowed for both,

EDIT: nothing that removes either opponent from the Arena is allowed: no BFR, no time-dumping, no dimension-dumping, no teleporting outside the Arena, etc.

Who wins?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 02-14-2019 at 11:07 AM. Reason: 10 seconds of prep alone shifts the fight too much in one direction

10 seconds of prep would generally always allow Doom to both activate something in his armour that would immediately protect himself from harm and BFR Diana at the bell.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    10 seconds of prep would generally always allow Doom to both activate something in his armour that would immediately protect himself from harm and BFR Diana at the bell.
    Can Doom BFR? I wouldn't be surprised, I just can't remember him ever doing it.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Can Doom BFR? I wouldn't be surprised, I just can't remember him ever doing it.
    Didn’t he build the time tech into his suit at one point? If he could avoid being blitzed, he could dump Diana back to the Big Bang. That’d do it.

He did build the time tech into his suit, though I don't personally recall him BFRing anyone with it. I suppose technically it could be used for that mind you. He did use magic to send Morgan LeFay to 1000000 BC England. Though that did involve taking over her own cauldron from her.

The main thing here of no note of "no time shenanigans" though is Doom can stretch out 10 seconds of prep pretty far as far as showing up with whatever nonsense and having various defenses maxed out and layered. Depends if the OP allows for him doing that with his prep time.

Actually hm. Doom has externalized the time tech in his suit to create a time cube the size of his castle. He could basically fill the arena with that.

Without getting really fancy, he could show up at fight start with maxed out tech/magic defenses in a bubble around him/the crimson bands whirling around him for defense and then just area time cube Wonder Woman away before any of that drops. If you're looking for win via BFR to something like the big bang and not getting into "how long can Doom draw his prep out via time dilation and travel".

Though his time travel tech has also been used to freeze people in a moment of time and he's seen that done, so he could just opt for that instead via giant time cube, win via ten count.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 02-14-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    He did build the time tech into his suit, though I don't personally recall him BFRing anyone with it. I suppose technically it could be used for that mind you. He did use magic to send Morgan LeFay to 1000000 BC England. Though that did involve taking over her own cauldron from her.

The main thing here of no note of "no time shenanigans" though is Doom can stretch out 10 seconds of prep pretty far as far as showing up with whatever nonsense and having various defenses maxed out and layered. Depends if the OP allows for him doing that with his prep time.

Ah, cripes!

I want as clean-cut and even-handed a Rumbles set up as possible, that's why I said 10-second prep (also, I generally hate equalizing speed, as it seems like you're punishing one character over the other).

I figured 10 seconds of prep for Victor would just let him get his autoshields up in time to not die from Diana's blitz, as I don't want to take away any of her abilities.

Ok, 10 seconds prep for both, and nothing that allows either opponent to leave the Arena (i.e. no BFR, no time-dumping or dimension-dumping).

I'll amend the OP.

NOW how does this fight go?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Ah, cripes!

I want as clean-cut and even-handed a Rumbles set up as possible, that's why I said 10-second prep (also, I generally hate equalizing speed, as it seems like you're punishing one character over the other).

I figured 10 seconds of prep for Victor would just let him get his autoshields up in time to not die from Diana's blitz, as I don't want to take away any of her abilities.

Ok, 10 seconds prep for both, and nothing that allows either opponent to leave the Arena (i.e. no BFR, no time-dumping or dimension-dumping).

I'll amend the OP.

NOW how does this fight go?
    If you have to start saying "Doom is not allowed to do any of the following, also his prep is extremely limited on top of that", you're already answering your own question for how this fight goes.

This is kind of the thing of these sorts of threads, you say "I want a clear cut and even handed fight" but you're already adjusting it to try and get around one person's extremely high end speed, or another person's technology and capacity for doing things with prep time. There's nothing wrong with prep time fight threads really. Happen all the time. Standard stuff. But I kinda eyeroll at "by prep I only meant this extremely narrow application of it, also during the fight the following options are not allowed" to be honest. The stacking of both.

Without restrictions? Doom gets blitzed in a non prep fight. Doom wins a prep fight.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 02-14-2019 at 11:27 AM.

I mean, I get what you want to try to do here, and that's fine in spirit, but in practice it mostly comes off as "well then in response to posts saying the fight could go a way I didn't want, I'll even further alter this fight."

I mean, I get what you want to try to do here, and that's fine in spirit, but in practice it mostly comes off as "well then in response to posts saying the fight could go a way I didn't want, I'll even further alter this fight."
    *clears throat*

Ahem, well as the self appointed "Master of Post OP Regret and Ammendments" I would just like to point out the distinct lack of Hulk wearing a jetpack. :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

That's fair enough.

What if all I stipulate is "no prep, speed equalized", everything else in play?

What’s stoping Doom from doing the Crimson Bands ( non jobbering.) to tie up Wonder Woman And pokes her to knock her down, for a ten count?

( Said poke is fingers ya pervs, and not there either.)

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    That's fair enough.

What if all I stipulate is "no prep, speed equalized", everything else in play?
    Speed equalised? Then boom, Crimson Bands.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    What’s stoping Doom from doing the Crimson Bands ( non jobbering.) to tie up Wonder Woman And pokes her to knock her down, for a ten count?

( Said poke is fingers ya pervs, and not there either.)
    Are the bands strong enough to hold her?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Are the bands strong enough to hold her?
    They've done stuff like restrain the Hulk iirc

Edit: Also Namor. Enough to slow down the class 100 crowd generally
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 02-14-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    - big_adventure