Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    They've done stuff like restrain the Hulk iirc

Edit: Also Namor. Enough to slow down the class 100 crowd generally
    Strength of the Bands is proportionate to the strength of the user. It's best to keep with what Doom's Bands have pulled off when talking about...Doom's magic. Which, I think, removes the Hulk feat from consideration.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Strength of the Bands is proportionate to the strength of the user. It's best to keep with what Doom's Bands have pulled off when talking about...Doom's magic. Which, I think, removes the Hulk feat from consideration.
    Fair. So we are left with Namor I think? Dude is plenty strong, but a far cry from Diana. Especially her thrashing about at super speeds
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    That's fair enough.

What if all I stipulate is "no prep, speed equalized", everything else in play?
    Should end with area time cube then.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 02-14-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I mean, I get what you want to try to do here, and that's fine in spirit, but in practice it mostly comes off as "well then in response to posts saying the fight could go a way I didn't want, I'll even further alter this fight."
    Well, he already nerfed WW by not allowing her to blitz (10 second prep) so I don't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Well, he already nerfed WW by not allowing her to blitz (10 second prep) so I don't see the problem.
    Prep time fights are a normal thing as far as "what can characters do if given pre fight time to draw on resources or whatever", it doesn't actually take someone's capacity away by contrast, or didn't until later adjustments that also removed prep and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Fair. So we are left with Namor I think? Dude is plenty strong, but a far cry from Diana. Especially her thrashing about at super speeds
    Namor at his best hits the Hulk so hard under water it causes a tsunami in said direction, hw has also used naval war ships as war hammers.

Him breaking out of bands if refreshes/had water exposure is not that far fetched, him slightly dry can fight with the Hulk.

His durability in and fresh is insane too.

But yeah him breaking the bonds either go with him
    Hydrated or poor writing.

As the Hulk needs some rage juice to get out or break them.

The Hulk doing anything to the bands has required everything from grade school level trickery working on Doctor Strange to convince him to lower them, to Strange being really crapped out when he uses them (see having to otherwise use grade school level trickery when that is not the case).

Namor doing anything to them is honestly well out there for him.

Prep time fights are a normal thing as far as "what can characters do if given pre fight time to draw on resources or whatever", it doesn't actually take someone's capacity away by contrast, or didn't until later adjustments that also removed prep and speed.
    It doesn't take away one's capacity but it does take away a distinctive advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    It doesn't take away one's capacity but it does take away a distinctive advantage.
    Ehhh. Going so far as to intimate "there should never be prep fight threads" is a bridge too far. A lot of characters have resources and capacities that would otherwise never come up for pondering how they might impact a fight as far as nerd fight debates. If someone can use prep to in some way deal with a particular attribute, that's worth exploring compared to just taking the attribute away.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 02-14-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Instead of starting a separate thread I'll ask it here.

Dooms Willpower vs the lasso of truth. Can Doom win?

He could drag it out, but it should ultimately prevail in most depictions as far as just purely "attempts to resist through willpower" and not "attempts to otherwise monkey with things while bound via resisting through willpower".

edit: checking a thing.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 02-14-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Ehhh. Going so far as to intimate "there should never be prep fight threads" is a bridge too far. A lot of characters have resources and capacities that would otherwise never come up for pondering how they might impact a fight as far as nerd fight debates. If someone can use prep to in some way deal with a particular attribute, that's worth exploring compared to just taking the attribute away.
    Fair enough.

He could drag it out, but it should ultimately prevail in most depictions as far as just purely "attempts to resist through willpower" and not "attempts to otherwise monkey with things while bound via resisting through willpower".

edit: checking a thing.
    You checking the girl with the torn out throat thing? Or the Batman instance? Because both are trickery imo. Or half truths.

The girl tricked herself to HONESTLY believe the lie 100%. Bruce calling himself "Batman" is just an accurate reflection of his messed up psyche.

Neither example would be like Doom calling a blue pen red. Not unless he can whip up a self induced illusion like the girl in my first example. Was her name Cassie??
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Oh, no, just eyeing into some other Doom willpower performances as to whether he could do better than "fight it off for a considerable while." To do anything more than that he'd have to actually use some magic or tech or what have you.

Would the Ovoid mind thing work with him lassoed? Because if so, that would be a problem.