Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Thank you.

It's still a sore spot for me when it comes to Jordan because it seems obvious that he remembers his experience as Johnny Storm. Where everyone took this movie to task for trivial reasons up to the simple fact that some black people played white characters. Jordan really doesn't turn out poor performances and I'm not sure what would suggest that he's inherently unqualified. But just the same, Calvin Ellis is a cool role if we make peace with Clark already having had eight films and likely more in the future regardless. John Henry I think should be a bigger guy and it's hard to imagine when RDJ as Iron Man is still such a big deal.
    I was upset when Jordan was cast as Johnny Storm, not because they racebent Johnny, but because we all knew that movie was gonna be crap and I wanted better for all the actors.

I’d be cool with this. I LOVE Cavill!! His Superman is the only one I’ve every truly enjoyed. I’d be happy with an alternate universe Superman or even killing the current version if Cavill is really done. Build the universe around WW, Aquaman, Shazam, Jordan’s Superman, & the new Batman. Jordan definitely shouldn’t be the Kent version though.

First off, how awesome is it that MBJ knows who Calvin Ellis is, even down to what Earth he's from? That's pretty freaking awesome.

He'd make a great Calvin, and I think he'd find a lot of proverbial "meat" in a role like Val-Zod. One would think that the story of "a pacifist Superman coming to terms with whether or not physical conflict is necessary" would be cinematic gold for a Hollywood writer, and could even be pretty timely.

So either would work, imo. Though the idea of a multiversal Justice League tying all of DCs scattered universes together would be huge, too. Lots of potential, either way.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    First off, how awesome is it that MBJ knows who Calvin Ellis is, even down to what Earth he's from? That's pretty freaking awesome.

He'd make a great Calvin, and I think he'd find a lot of proverbial "meat" in a role like Val-Zod. One would think that the story of "a pacifist Superman coming to terms with whether or not physical conflict is necessary" would be cinematic gold for a Hollywood writer, and could even be pretty timely.

So either would work, imo. Though the idea of a multiversal Justice League tying all of DCs scattered universes together would be huge, too. Lots of potential, either way.
    Micheal B Jordan is well versed in anime and manga.He is a geek/nerd.

As for the topic how often this person should play this character lead to person being hired for the part? In the grand scheme this just fan/fans dreaming .Companies are super protective of their big properties what reason do they have risk a change? Peter Parker, James Bond, and now Superman with no guarantee it will work companies will not risk big money on change that isn't needed. That said next time Spiderman change comes around Miles will be option because this time you have some proof that hey people are interested. It is all about Risk/Reward

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Micheal B Jordan is well versed in anime and manga.He is a geek/nerd.
    That is all kinds of awesome, and greatly appreciated - many don't care about source material, and it's good to see fan passion from professionals.

As for the topic how often this person should play this character lead to person being hired for the part? In the grand scheme this just fan/fans dreaming .Companies are super protective of their big properties what reason do they have risk a change? Peter Parker, James Bond, and now Superman with no guarantee it will work companies will not risk big money on change that isn't needed. That said next time Spiderman change comes around Miles will be option because this time you have some proof that hey people are interested. It is all about Risk/Reward
    There is some precedent, though not at DC. Patrick Stewart was on many fan lists as Xavier and he eventually go the part, for instance. And "Into The Spider-Verse" showed that audiences would respond to alternate versions of the character. DC, however, tend to have the scared mentality of Punxsutawney Phil seeing his shadow - which is sad to see, but not at all surprising.

On the flip side, of course this is fan dreaming. Nothing I said should suggest otherwise, I'm just detailed in my thinking on it. Though it should be said.. if fans don't say anything about it at all in anticipation of WB's tepid brainpower, then it'll 100% never happen - as opposed to just the 90% chance it'll never happen if we do. lol
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I'd love to watch that

IMO far better than just painting Clark black and assume a score for diversity (which I would refuse to watch).

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    I'd love to watch that

IMO far better than just painting Clark black and assume a score for diversity (which I would refuse to watch).
    I want to make a crack about DC putting Clark in blackface, but given recent political news I'm too afraid of tempting fate.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I was upset when Jordan was cast as Johnny Storm, not because they racebent Johnny, but because we all knew that movie was gonna be crap and I wanted better for all the actors.
    You knew it was crap before you saw it? Then after seeing it, how do you think Jordan compared to Chris Evans? So far I'm not sure I've seen MBJ phone in a performance.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Its not going to happen. But how cool it would be if it happened? In some respects Calvin might be cooler then Clark Kent himself. Dude's secret identity is president of America. He has Braniac as his Jarvis/Friday. Has an army of robots. And solves the big real world problems. And the Justice League is cool. My worry would be that he might outshine the real deal himself. Due to some reason we don't see the cooler aspects of Superman. As a character Clark Kent is more interesting. But then he had years for that. Calvin hasn't apppeared that much.

I would love to see it happen. But i wish Clark Kent is done justice. It might have been different if we had got Man of Steel 2 instead of BvS: The Dawn of DC's Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    You knew it was crap before you saw it? Then after seeing it, how do you think Jordan compared to Chris Evans? So far I'm not sure I've seen MBJ phone in a performance.
    I didn't see it, cause I knew it was crap (like seriously, it was setting off crap alarms all over the internet, much like Green Lantern before it), and then all the reviews came in and proved it was crap. I don't think I'll ever bother watching that bomb. Like I said, wished all the actors had gotten a better film to act in.

Even if he doesn't do it, I'm cool with him in another role like Mr.Terrific or Jason Rusch/Firestorm or Steel.