Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But really they can go in whatever direction they want. Jon could grow to be stronger/more capable than both Conner and Superman, or he could be weaker/less capable than the both of them, or he could be just as powerful/capable as either Superman or Conner, or he could be the weakest yet. The sky's always been the limit with Superman's offspring.
    Y'know, it would be an interesting scenario to see Conner mentor/train Jon while he either starts out with Conner's powerset or actually has Superman's full powerset at a young and active age.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, it would be an interesting scenario to see Conner mentor/train Jon while he either starts out with Conner's powerset or actually has Superman's full powerset at a young and active age.
    For sure!

If the rumored next timeskip goes down, and it's only like 9 or 10 years (making Jon 10 or 11) then I wonder how they'll deal with the idea of a 10 year old fighting crime in the show. Funny enough, it has precedent with the fact that Billy was 10 back in 2010, and Dick was 13. However, the League did have a discussion about if it should be allowed to continue in both cases (it obviously did).

You know, it would be really cool if they decided to adapt a bit of Super Sons by having Damian and Jon sneak out as like a B plot. Dick (as Batman) and Conner (as Superman) on a mission and they notice them. I bet they could even throw in a shout out by having a member of The Team call the kids "the Super Sons" as a way to poke fun at them.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

For sure!

If the rumored next timeskip goes down, and it's only like 9 or 10 years (making Jon 10 or 11) then I wonder how they'll deal with the idea of a 10 year old fighting crime in the show. Funny enough, it has precedent with the fact that Billy was 10 back in 2010, and Dick was 13. However, the League did have a discussion about if it should be allowed to continue in both cases (it obviously did).

You know, it would be really cool if they decided to adapt a bit of Super Sons by having Damian and Jon sneak out as like a B plot. Dick (as Batman) and Conner (as Superman) on a mission and they notice them. I bet they could even throw in a shout out by having a member of The Team call the kids "the Super Sons" as a way to poke fun at them.
    I'm pretty sure Dick started as Robin in this universe at age 10 (or at least it's when Batman started training him).

I'm pretty sure Dick started as Robin in this universe at age 10 (or at least it's when Batman started training him).
    I didn't see an age given for before yj, but I imagine you're right. He'd 100% been doing it for some time.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-16-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It was nine. He said so to Artemis in the first season. How much time has passed between seasons 2 and 3?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It was nine. He said so to Artemis in the first season. How much time has passed between seasons 2 and 3?
    Wow. That's nuts lol

Guess the age thing is moot so long as the League and The Team haven't changed their minds.

Guess the age thing is moot so long as the League and The Team haven't changed their minds.
    Well, I think the Team probably has less strict age requirements then the League does.

Well, I think the Team probably has less strict age requirements then the League does.
    When Batman brought up Robin potentially joining the League, it was immediately quashed. They wanted a legal adult to be there (which made Billy's situation rather precarious for awhile).

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Well [bleep].

I don't want to turn into Stan Lee here, who thought it was absurd that teenagers were fighting crime, but prepubescent kids fighting crime is just too much for me. I get it, the show is for kids (or teens, or whatever the rating is), but let's not venture that far off to ridiculousness please. YJ rarely lets me down, but if it does in one regard, it's that it keeps insisting that you can teach any fool kung fu and now that person is ready to be a legit crime fighter.

Do animators just find it funny to have some 4'2" kid demolishing grown men and metahumans or something?

For sure!

they might not make him an active crime-fighter and just have him fall into adventures. Or expand the Team to involve training kids to use their powers before they join.

It would be interesting if they use him as a chance to explore how regular metahumans are treated by society. He could go "undercover" as a regular kid that developed powers.

I see him being used as a part of Damian's redemption arc.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-17-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Well [bleep].

I don't want to turn into Stan Lee here, who thought it was absurd that teenagers were fighting crime, but prepubescent kids fighting crime is just too much for me. I get it, the show is for kids (or teens, or whatever the rating is), but let's not venture that far off to ridiculousness please. YJ rarely lets me down, but if it does in one regard, it's that it keeps insisting that you can teach any fool kung fu and now that person is ready to be a legit crime fighter.

Do animators just find it funny to have some 4'2" kid demolishing grown men and metahumans or something?
    It IS pretty ridiculous, especially since this is a show with a pretty serious tone where the League thinks it's a good idea to have their "Black Ops Team" filled with teenagers.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Well [bleep].

Keep in mind, that was more or less his age when he was originally created. And, yeah, it is kind of insane. Superboy started his career at eight in the pre-Crisis universe. Which is a bit young for me. Not sure who decided that. But at least he had super-powers.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It IS pretty ridiculous, especially since this is a show with a pretty serious tone where the League thinks it's a good idea to have their "Black Ops Team" filled with teenagers.
    Well, when it works, it works .

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Most of which are metahumans, and the ones that aren't come from very specific circumstances (Artemis was raised and trained by an assassin father and Dick not only raised as an acrobat but would have jumped into fighting crime anyway, Bruce just completed his training).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Well, when it works, it works .
    So the JL is lucky their questionable actions haven't resulted in disaster
    Plus y'know...Jason Todd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Most of which are metahumans, and the ones that aren't come from very specific circumstances (Artemis was raised and trained by an assassin father and Dick not only raised as an acrobat but would have jumped into fighting crime anyway, Bruce just completed his training).
    Even with super powers, they are still teens, and therefore inherently kind of stupid and irresponsible to varying degrees until their brains fully develop (all teens are). So Batman, say, sending a bunch of teenagers on a mission to an unstable country like Santa Prisca full of dangerous criminals while also letting them work out who should be leader among themselves is kind of...dodgy.

It's why the sidekick thing worked great in the whimsical Silver Age, but has never quite worked afterward with DC trying to have it both ways with being more grounded and serious. Like if you want more generations of sidekicks, maybe keep the whimsical tone and don't have one of them beaten with a crowbar and blown up?