Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Superman in Young Justice

I haven't watched the third season. Has he done anything in the show? All I've seen is the fan Wiki which says he's off in space again. The show was never big on the mentors (except, of course, the Batgod).
    Assassinate Putin!

Not really, no.

BANNED

The only noteworthy thing is Lois appeared for an episode with Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    True dat. I hate making Superman into a dad and I still kind of squealed at that scene. I also did the same in an earlier episode with baby Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    True dat. I hate making Superman into a dad and I still kind of squealed at that scene. I also did the same in an earlier episode with baby Damian.
    100% agreement. I was totally delighted to see Jon show up, and I don't even like the idea of Jon in a vacuum. Within the extremely concrete timeline of Young Justice though, I think Jon is a great idea.

As for Superman himself, well... he's in it a little bit early on. I actually think he's basically doing better in his few appearances than he was in seasons 1 and 2. I don't remember what it was he did exactly, but I got a basic vibe of competence from him, which I couldn't exactly say about the season 2 scene where he yelled at Kroloteans to evacuate because of a bomb in a language which he knew they didn't speak, rather than, you know, trying to disarm the bomb.

Plus, he's wearing a costume with a red belt and no trunks. I definitely kind of like his look.

Of course, there's a downside too. Batgod and Wonder Woman are plotting behind his back, and Batman is treated as not trusting Superman to go along with their occasionally unsavory but presumably necessary plan. Now Diana calls him out on it, but the fact remains the show is basically treating Superman as someone too idealistic to be realistic, and I absolutely hate that element. I hope it doesn't continue to happen in the second half of the season when that comes out.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    WOW! That's right! I think I read somewhere that he was on the show now! So we already have the Super-Family! I'm not 100% on board with him being a dad in the comics either but for a TV show I think it's actually not a bad idea. Was he ten? Did he have any powers? What did he do?
    Assassinate Putin!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    WOW! That's right! I think I read somewhere that he was on the show now! So we already have the Super-Family! I'm not 100% on board with him being a dad in the comics either but for a TV show I think it's actually not a bad idea. Was he ten? Did he have any powers? What did he do?
    He’s just a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    He’s just a baby.
    To be fair, he did show off the power of being super cute. But that's less a Kryptonian power than a general baby power.

Did he have the spitcurl?
    Assassinate Putin!

Did he have the spitcurl?
    Yeah apparently that’s hereditary

Along with Jon and Damian, there was a whole host of super babies. The Tornado Twins, Thunder and Lightning, Red Tornado's daughter, etc.

As for Bats and Wondy keeping Supes in the dark; well, that was so Superman wouldn't be found complicit should their plan get outed, and he would still be trusted by the general public. Diana didn't like it much, but went along with it.

Weisman doesn’t really seem to care about him. Supes in YJ is kind of a mix of all the worst takes lol. He’s a dick to Kon because he only sees in “good” and “bad” and since Kon was made by Lex he must be “bad”. He grows out of that mindset only after Kon risks his life to save him from mind control, and freaking Batgod tells him to man up. Otherwise he’s viewed as too much of a Boy Scout to do the “real” work. Supes serves as a source of angst for Kon but otherwise is a non-character. It’s why I’d be ok with Clark dying and Kon taking the role. At least Weisman seems to kinda care about Kon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Weisman doesn’t really seem to care about him. Supes in YJ is kind of a mix of all the worst takes lol. He’s a dick to Kon because he only sees in “good” and “bad” and since Kon was made by Lex he must be “bad”. Otherwise he’s viewed as too much of a Boy Scout to do the “real” work. Supes serves as a source of angst for Kon but otherwise is a non-character. It’s why I’d be ok with Clark dying and Kon taking the role. At least Weisman seems to kinda care about Kon.
    Season 1, that was kind of the mindset (though it was also Clark's DNA being stolen to create a clone). But in season 2, its shown that the two have since become much closer. A brotherly sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Season 1, that was kind of the mindset (though it was also Clark's DNA being stolen to create a clone). But in season 2, its shown that the two have since become much closer. A brotherly sort of thing.
    I edited my post to acknowledge that. It was still infuriating to have Batman lecture him about taking care of Kon, give me a break Weisman. I get that the Batbros are running the show but I didn’t need to see Batman lecturing Clark about how to take care of kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I edited my post to acknowledge that. It was still infuriating to have Batman lecture him about taking care of Kon, give me a break Weisman. I get that the Batbros are running the show but I didn’t need to see Batman lecturing Clark about how to take care of kids.
    The thing is though, Batbros seem to be running EVERY show. That's the problem. Are there no real Superman fans in animation? Or movies? Or television? The people making Supergirl at least seem to like her, if not him.
    Assassinate Putin!