Default Super Mario Maker 2

Super Mario Maker 2 looks amazing. Slopes are in and a ton of features we didnt know we wanted.

Who is excited for this!

Mario Maker is the kind of game that's great but could be absolutely mind-blowingly amazing if all the right features and functionality are there. I can't remember if you could download levels on the original game, but I feel like because of the portability of the Switch it would be great to have a feature where you could just have a queue of like a bunch of random levels on a list to play when you're offline, and maybe it refreshes/changes automatically each time you connect. It seems like the handheld nature of the Switch is something they can't overlook or it'll be a common issue. I do also remember the Wii U version had some kind of input delay difference between handheld and TV mode and that better not stay here.

If nothing else I'm super ready to see and try some of the most ridiculous and clever things that fellow Mario fans can come up with!

There will be a direct about the game later today

That literally exceeded all expectations I had. Especially the multiplayer! I can see this being so easy to jump into and so much fun to just keep playing even more so than the first game was.

The ga,e is out now. Who bought it?

Spectacular Member

Is there a stylus that works for the Switch available because I don't want to mess up my screen by dragging my fingers across it constantly and it seems as if you can't use the joystick or controls to build courses.
    Last edited by Enterprise E; 06-28-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    Is there a stylus that works for the Switch available because I don't want to mess up my screen by dragging my fingers across it constantly and it seems as if you can't use the joystick or controls to build courses.
    I think you need a Capacitive stylus will work

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I think you need a Capacitive stylus will work
    Where can you get one? Does a store like GameStop sell them? Are there any designed for the Switch that have or will be released in North America?

Extraordinary Member

I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    Where can you get one? Does a store like GameStop sell them? Are there any designed for the Switch that have or will be released in North America?
    You can find them on Amazon if you want.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Put up my first level. Pretty basic level where you are clearing a village of Bowser forces. Uses the clear conditions of killing the 5 hammer bros. It's nice that those conditions make that enemy type not respawn.

Course ID: PK2-QSL-1KF

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

The magnificent bastard of Mario Maker, Ross O'Donovan, has a new stage up. Currently at under .5% completion.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Spectacular Member

I've currently uploaded five courses. They are:

Super Mario Bros. Invasion
    Course ID: N0B-8FH-8FG

Underground Infiltration
    Course ID: 92D-WPB-MPF

Mario takes to the sky.
    Course ID: FNL-GH4-MSG

Airship Raid!!!
    Course ID: Y23-W24-K6G

USS Enterprise NCC 1701
    Course ID: W5F-P9T-W8G

Some notes: All of the courses are pretty hard to sadistic if you don't have Fire Flowers for dealing with the enemies, which are strategically positioned to make getting past them difficult and I don't give out unlimited power-ups in any stage. For the first course, Super Mario Bros. Invasion, take the pipe. It's almost impossible to beat if you go on the surface, or at least I had to take the shortcut when doing my clear test. The Enterprise course is the easiest but even then, you'll want the Fire Flower for dealing with the enemies inside the ship, and especially for the Final Boss Room.