Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Yeah because teen Cyclops wasn’t running around playing a big roll in X-men Blue and part of a New Champions team or anything.
    Most Cyclops fans weren't thrilled with his characther in Blue to be honest and a good chunk of then disliked him after Hopeless ANX.

Trust me on this, don't get into an unecesary figth.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Most Cyclops fans weren't thrilled with his characther in Blue to be honest and a good chunk of then disliked him after Hopeless ANX.

Believe me I know the feeling but it doesn’t change the fact that Scott’s return was handled infinitely better than Logan’s.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

I gotta agree. Marvel honestly fed us Logan fans pretty well when he was dead. We got Old Man Logan which was pretty good and he basically acted exactly like Logan except with grey hair. Cyke fans got stuck with the Teenage Cyclops which... ehhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I gotta agree. Marvel honestly fed us Logan fans pretty well when he was dead. We got Old Man Logan which was pretty good and he basically acted exactly like Logan except with grey hair. Cyke fans got stuck with the Teenage Cyclops which... ehhhhhh
    OML lost some of his luster after a while but his solo was solid (most of the time, there are some things about it bother me) and i him joining to all those team was a waste of time, but it wasn't horrible, just not very good. Still they haven't retconned Way's run, so until that happen i don't trust Marvel with anything Wolverine related

As for Tyke.... he has his moments and cool stuff here and there, but yeah Hopeless and Bunn pretty much trashed him.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I F@#$%&G KNEW IT!! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. I knew they were going to make Scott take the blame for everything. I was not fooled by #11.

And f$%k you, Logan.
    Either Scott, Mama, or both always end up being the fall guys
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Isn't Sprite made of rock? I'm not sure just shooting her would be that easy.

But please, writers, don't hurt Jia!
    From what the guards are saying, it sounds like they have her captured and are torturing her.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Look on the bright side Cyclops fans you could have waited twice as long for Cyclops to come back then be teased with his return. Only for nothing to be announced for months. Then have him teased as a major player in event where he shows up for a half issue to say I’m actually not going to be in this. Then get four minis supposedly about his return that turn out to reveal nothing and highlight everyone but him. Then get another mini that lies about the creative team then gets delayed then treads water all series only to have another character (Cyclops) lap him on character development in his first issue back.
    As a Cyclops fan I have to tentitively agree with this statement. I'm cautiously opptimistic that this is not a sign that they are going to continue to villify him. Not with all the other elements in that preview and the previous book. The fact that they had Wolverine tell him that he did ok, which is great strides for his character. I think this is going to be about them rebuilding the dynamic before their fight and all that followed. Not only that but hopefully moving beyond where they were before and building the most bad ass team of desperadoes. A X-men team that gets s*&$* done. Like the seven samurai but gritty superheroes that aren't afraid to kick ass and take names. A team that is used to getting help from no one but them selves and working with next to nothing. That's the vibe that I get from the cover preview that shows the team. They look like they have gone through the wringer.

Since the two will be running this team together it is in both of thier interest to help the other succeed and have eachothers back. Cyclops looking bad/failing will also make Logan look bad. Like in Star Trek if Picard is failing Riker looks bad for not doing his job which is to assist and vice versa. A great team looks out for their own and doesn't sabotage their leader. I also think the fact this team is going to be about taking direct action on their personal threats to the community will help keep Scott from becoming distant and removed from his commerades. It's much harder to be relatable when running a city or larger group.

Throughout the previous issue, Scott came off as the good guy an underdog hero that is rough around the edges. The way they had Scott challenge the mutant hate riot, got beaten up by the rabble but that he didn't fight back until he lost his glasses. A real badass fights when it is judicious to do so can take a beating if the objective is to show who the true monsters are. It's a classic protest tactic. Cap and the others are also tarnished for not speaking out and enabling the abuse. The defaced monuments, attacks on blindfold and the use of leathal force when it was warrented on those that had it coming the most. This Scott may be messed up but he's being much more down to earth and is giving off vibes that feel like real classic revolutionary/robinhood stuff. Will establishment hate them? Heck yeah they will but the establishement always loaths these sort of characters. Those in charge often don't want change if they are sitting pretty and removed from the consequences. It takes characters that are a thorn in their sides to bring about change.

Anyway, I think that Scott expressing his doubts was part him trying to mend ties with Logan by saying sorry about how the fight was handled and things that happened after with out directly saying sorry about the personal pain. It is a gesture that shows his trust in Logan. I doubt Scott would say these things to just anyone and he hasn't. Even if he wanted to he couldn't afford to show weakness to the world at large.

I also think it was because he is messed up from all the stuff they have gone through. It makes sense that he would struggle with depression, PTSD and anxiety. If it was slowing him down that would be one thing but he keeps on fighting. These things just make him look more badass. It's a sign that he's smart, devotted to helping those in need and that he knows a lot about these things. As a general rule the more you know the more you know that don't know. Is he really ok with all that he has had to do and the consequences? No he is not. However like Sisko from DS9, Cyclops will learn to live with it. Though I don't think Cyke has done anything to that degree yet, but he may feel like it he has. Just like other characters reactions to things have not been logical people are often not logical. Good friends work to forgive and can work through these things. This is why I agree that he should stay away from Iceman and Beast and maybe Storm.

Not only that but perfect heroes are boring, but they are not very relatable. I would much rather have a more X-Force like Cyclops that is also a hero like he was in Joss Whedon's Xmen. That version of Cyke was pretty badass power wise sometimes but also had weaknesses and struggled. All those difficulties made him pulling off badass clever feats when the chips were down and their backs against the wall all that more satisfying. Like this one.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/cyclo...essage-4092414
    Last edited by Doctor_Foxey; 02-17-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Or at least that's what I hope they do with it. This plot has a chance to be epic if done properly. As for the characterization debate I think Cyke and Wolvie fans are upset for different reasons. Cyke fans for the potrayal of non villinous things as villinous or at least having the other characters all take such extreme views. Wolvie fans are upset because you feel the character has been too stagnet. As for the Cyke smear campanign part this site lays it out well. HERE I doubt it was intentional but a good writer could turn this into something good. Especially if they do it to this team as well. They would have to choose to stay and become black listed or leave.
    Last edited by Doctor_Foxey; 02-17-2019 at 08:32 PM.

I dig it. Cyclops has some regrets about the way he handled things, wishing he’d found a better way as Xavier likely would’ve done (at least in his mind). He’s always been a guy who is hard on himself, so this seems in character to me. He seems to have a little more edge too, which is nice. And Logan, well, he’s back and he seems almost unhappy to even be here. He’s more cantankerous as a result and a bit more like the gruff and unpredictable Logan of the 80s. I like that. It’s what I liked about Old Man Logan actually. He was dangerous, and folks saw him as a little crazy.

This seems like a good reset to me.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

When the X-Office has been unfairly throwing your boy under bus for years, but your boy has been unfairly throwing himself under the bus for even longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Scott has always "shouldered" responsibility. He's taken the responsibility of being a leader very, very seriously. But he has never constantly WHINED like this. *Oh I'm such a terrible person, I ruined everything, I regret everything, I killed the dream...." Geezus, feeling the weight of consequences, over-thinking his role as leader ≠ constantly whining and complaining and self-flagellating out loud to anyone who will listen. How is this a mature man? How is this Cyclops of the last 15 years? I guess Cyke not only got Tyke's memories, he became a whiny 16 year old too.

I'm amazed at how some fans are going along with this. Fact: Scott Summers did not ruin anything. He saved mutantkind. Fact: Scott Summers didn't doom the "dream" because there never was a viable dream to begin with. Xavier was a manipulative, hypocritical cult leader and it was so refreshing when Cyclops figured that out. Fact: Scott Summers was blamed both in-Universe for sh*t he didn't do, and in a meta sense this narrative was pushed by writers and editors and is still being pushed.

So we had leader Scott, who manned-up and rejected the old ways, created something new. We had Tyke, who was still acting like a brainwashed princess. Now we have this new Scott who is a whiny, depressed penitent who alternates between adult responsible and crybaby. It isn't good enough for Marvel to constantly hit fans over the head with "Cyclops was Wrong" editorially, or by having other characters in the Marvel Universe say it, now they have to hit us over the head with Scott Summers himself crying about it comic after comic. Still does NOT make it true, either.

How is this making us feel sorry for Scott Summers? How is this showing respect for the character? It makes me cringe. I don't see characterization here, just Marvel beating a dead horse.

I really was looking forward to this new era of UNCANNY. But not if I'm going to have to read about Scott Summers making an ass out of himself every other issue, especially to make Wolverine look good. Like Logan is always right, I suppose. Like his behavior the last 15 years was morally unimpeachable?

Truth!

Nuff said.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

BANNED

"I never should've led the x men".
    No Scott,you never should've been born.You're the worst thing happened to the x men & mutants in general.
    Alex got shafted because of you.
    Hell,xavier's own child got shafted because of you & also created AoA.Your fault Scott,your fault.
    You spawned cable with maddie who woke up apocalypse.
    You spawned rachel with phoenix who brought ahab to the 616 & also the cause of mr. sinister.
    From sinister we got X man & now we're in Age of X man.Even your sperm is that dangerous.
    Last but not the least you stopped the greatest comic book love story from ever happening, logan & jean.

You are to be blamed & damned for everything.Die & rot in hell Scott.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    Or at least that's what I hope they do with it. This plot has a chance to be epic if done properly. As for the characterization debate I think Cyke and Wolvie fans are upset for different reasons. Cyke fans for the potrayal of non villinous things as villinous or at least having the other characters all take such extreme views. Wolvie fans are upset because you feel the character has been too stagnet. As for the Cyke smear campanign part this site lays it out well. HERE I doubt it was intentional but a good writer could turn this into something good. Especially if they do it to this team as well. They would have to choose to stay and become black listed or leave.
    I really don't go with the sniping at Rosenberg that seems to be going on quite a bit. I tend to think that he's going at this in his own sweet way, and taking his time about it. He has obviously put a good deal of preparation into getting to where he is now, and we've only seen once issue of what he's about to come up with. I think he's planning to start giving Cyclops his confidence back, but take it in small steps. I think his leadership role on this new team is very interesting, particularly with Wolverine there, there could be a bit of interaction between those two with Banshee being the peacekeeper in a similar way to what happened in All New All Different in the early days. In the main though, that team is all people who are very likely to follow him. What we're going to find is interesting to me, he polarises views on here, so I think Rosenberg should address that in the book, and have him polarising views there too. So some will blame him, and some will think he was right.

I agree with you it could be epic, and I think the tone so far has been pretty good, there is bound to be self doubt, I think it's about how he overcomes it, that's his new story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    "I never should've led the x men".
    No Scott,you never should've been born.You're the worst thing happened to the x men & mutants in general.
    Alex got shafted because of you.
    Hell,xavier's own child got shafted because of you & also created AoA.Your fault Scott,your fault.
    You spawned cable with maddie who woke up apocalypse.
    You spawned rachel with phoenix who brought ahab to the 616 & also the cause of mr. sinister.
    From sinister we got X man & now we're in Age of X man.Even your sperm is that dangerous.
    Last but not the least you stopped the greatest comic book love story from ever happening, logan & jean.

You are to be blamed & damned for everything.Die & rot in hell Scott.
    Dear God, Scott's lifeel has sucked.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Really hope Logan feeds Callahan some claw.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Really hope Logan feeds Callahan some claw.
    *hot claw.Where is the hot claw?