Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I think we can all accept Scott beating himself up for things that aren't his fault, that's who he is - but I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the idea that Marvel is doubling down on the bogus narrative that Cyclops was somehow responsible for all the negativity in the X-narratives for the last few years. If that's not what they're doing, great! Let's get to the part where Cyclops' team snaps him out of his funk and reminds him what it is that he does best.
    Yeah I’m looking forward to that too, but it may take some team bonding hell edition to get to that. Too bad one of my favorite manga writer isn’t writing this story lol then we could count on it. One Piece is great with those as is another favorite Saiyuki which has one where the characters had just gotten wrecked by a bad guy only barely escaping with their lives. Long story short they end up each getting their confidence back through games of majong. It’s hard to wait for these things but a good writer will deliver eventually. Unless they are wanting to depress the heck out of the readers lol.

I mean I had to wait years for these cyclops and wolvie to start get over their fight and team up. I got into the comics a bit before scism and was like ‘I really like Cyke and Wolvie’s dynamic.’ Then that freaking event happened all that years of organic character development out the window. Then AvsX happened and instead of making me instead in the avengers it made me strongly dislike them lol. Luckily One Piece was rockin at the time so I took a break lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They never go with that angle and that is why X-men in 616 does not make sense at times. I mean Franklin Richards is a mutant, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch where mutants(stupid Recton),Beast was on the Avengers. Cannonball ,Sunspot ,Firestar,Justice and Manifold where on the Avengers. Captain America(I guess he is not America favorite right now) was running around with team of mutants. Spiderman has work the X-men several times. It would be nice in at least one story every single hero comes out to help the X-men. And simple says if you are attacking mutants you are attacking us too.

The only hope is that when X-men come back,We get a long of era of X-men not being "feared" in the real world. The hate is never going to go away and that makes sense but X-men being seen as major threat needs a long break.
    Or they might do nothing like they normally do. I think part of it that mutants do tend to be some of the most powerful power wise in verse. They may also not see them as in need of protecting because tgey have powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    I agree with everything. Someone gets a pass because they developed powers by another means other than being born with them? Or because they get special treatment (Franklin, Beast, Quicksilver, etc.)? Getting rid of mutants because they're "dangerous" still leaves plenty of different kinds of super powered individuals which will only grow. Might as well go after them too if you want flatscans to remain on top.

But I get it. Mutants bad, humans good is the X-theme.

That being said, I'm still interested in this storyline. Things possibly can't get any worse for mutants, so I'm hoping for an upward spiral soon, even if it's just Scott getting his confidence back and his relationship with Logan back on track. I also want Scott/Alex bonding time.
    Oh I think it’s going to get worse. A strong external threat can cause a team bonds to strengthen.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Yeah because teen Cyclops wasn’t running around playing a big roll in X-men Blue and part of a New Champions team or anything.
    Yeah because Old Man Logan wasn't running around playing a big roll in Extraordinary X-Men and a part of X-Men Gold and having his own solo book or anything?

See how easy it is to interchange Cyclops and Wolverine in this statement? Honestly I really hate when posters compare woes of things as there is always some character that is worse off.

Astonishing Member

Who want to play guess who's getting killed for shock value. I'm betting on Monet. It's one of the worst things they could do so it has the best chance of happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Who want to play guess who's getting killed for shock value. I'm betting on Monet. It's one of the worst things they could do so it has the best chance of happening.
    As right as you are, Monet’s been kicked to Age of X-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    As right as you are, Monet’s been kicked to Age of X-Man.
    She was ? I really can't keep track of this. Also dosent mean shell live. Guess I change my bet to rictor dying

I miss old Scott, this one reads like kind of a bitch, too much like his younger self rather than the old, bad ass one.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I miss old Scott, this one reads like kind of a bitch, too much like his younger self rather than the old, bad ass one.
    Well, he does have Tyke's memories. Maybe some of his characterization is meant to imply that he's seeing his actions from the outside?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Facts.

This isn't boyscout or realistic Scott this is Tyke. Ew.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Well, he does have Tyke's memories. Maybe some of his characterization is meant to imply that he's seeing his actions from the outside?
    If I were Cyclops with the memories of Tyke I would be asking myself something like "Why did Storm speak well of me at my funeral and then go around saying that I was worse than Hitler?" or "What the **** was doing Beast working for the guy he thought had killed me"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If I were Cyclops with the memories of Tyke I would be asking myself something like "Why did Storm speak well of me at my funeral and then go around saying that I was worse than Hitler?" or "What the **** was doing Beast working for the guy he thought had killed me"
    Why would it matter to Beast if he thought Blackbolt killed Scott? Beast not only hates Scott he broke away from him and left Utopia. Beast owes no loyalty towards Scott and is gonna do what he wants regardless of happens with Scott. Does Cyclops take into account what others think or do when he makes his "hard decisions"? It's a two way street.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Maybe that’s why he was pissed in uncanny 11. I liked him in that one with the drunk target practice, devil May care attitude like he was in, fearless commentary, and violent combat. The fact that he deliberately egged on some of their worst enemies so he could take as many with them. Kind of like a legit revolutionary. As long as he gets back to that I’ll be happy.

As for tykes memories I hope they fade like a bad trip because beast doesn’t deserve any satisfaction.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Facts.

This isn't boyscout or realistic Scott this is Tyke. Ew.
    Yeah, I know this is supposed to be "Scott" but I just can't see it that way, all I'm seeing is Tyke, and I'm not liking it unfortunately.

Yep, I know, and that's a shame. I honestly never like Tyke. I really liked Jean, and while I didn't have any strong feelings towards the other 3, I didn't "hate" them, Beast was cool, Bobby was nice and Warren was just... there, but Tyke was super annoying. Shame that Scott got the short end of the stick, Jean is still bad ass, but Scott went from the character I really liked towards Bendis whiny ass bitch character.
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Extraordinary Member

I liked Tyke, I really did.

I mean, he was Scott and he was dealing with not just coming to terms with his life not turning outthe way he imagined, but then having to confront himself in a way that Warren and Jean didn't at first.

But also, he really was portrayed as a kid. He had crushes on other girls, he liked hanging out with his friends, he branched out a bit.

Of course he's whiny and weird! He's a young teenage boy who was just sort of plucked from a familyless background and into being the leader of a small group ofnsoldiers. Of course he's going to be weird!

And I would be real disappointed if Scott wasn't a bit changed by suddenly remembering all that.

I liked Tyke, I really did.

I mean, he was Scott and he was dealing with not just coming to terms with his life not turning outthe way he imagined, but then having to confront himself in a way that Warren and Jean didn't at first.

But also, he really was portrayed as a kid. He had crushes on other girls, he liked hanging out with his friends, he branched out a bit.

Of course he's whiny and weird! He's a young teenage boy who was just sort of plucked from a familyless background and into being the leader of a small group ofnsoldiers. Of course he's going to be weird!

And I would be real disappointed if Scott wasn't a bit changed by suddenly remembering all that.
    I understand being a teenager, and I really liked it, but I just think he should've been a little more comprehensive with his older part, try to see his point of view, instead of just going by what everyone told him about him, specially when a lot of the other X-Men were super hypocritical.
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Good preview. Havok and the New Mutants are coming back... Missed them.
    really when?
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player