Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Why would it matter to Beast if he thought Blackbolt killed Scott? Beast not only hates Scott he broke away from him and left Utopia. Beast owes no loyalty towards Scott and is gonna do what he wants regardless of happens with Scott. Does Cyclops take into account what others think or do when he makes his "hard decisions"? It's a two way street.
    But then Beast called him "old friend" at the beginning of IvsX and in fact answered his call at the beginning of Death of X. He even sought refuge in him during Time Runs Out.

Beast is weird

spoilers:

-After the preview, we see Wolverine and Cyclops tear their way into this ONE base, where they are approached by these T-O-infected Sentinels

-Wolverine slashes his way through one before it pleads with him to stop, and Cyclops reminds Logan that a Sentinel bleeding isn't exactly normal. They open it up to reveal Strong Guy, hooked up inside.

-Logan and Scott start to free the other two Sentinels that have Dani and Shan inside. They reveal that they (for some stupid reason) went to O.N.E. because they thought they would get help. No.......that is seriously the reason. They didn't get captured or anything, they willingly went. It's almost as if they didn't hear Tran say they were test subjects. Anyway, they got experimented on, so they all rush inside to get the rest of the prisoners

-They go through all the cells and find three Madrox dupes (one has an eyepatch)

-Cyclops frees Rahne and Illyana, who have been freed from the TO virus (are you kidding???? rosenberg's precious pet character can't even get the only redeeming consequence of the whole mini?). Apparently, the explanation is that they are both shapeshifters and their bodies adapted to handle the infection. After they reunite, they know that one member is left: Havok, who is hooekd up a bunch of cables and looks to be powering the place (Black Bolt IVX teas?)

-They make it back to the open prison area where they start a prison riott against the prison guards. watch the gifted (tuesdays at 9pm) if you dont want to spend 4 bucks. anyways, the Madrox clones feel a bomb inside them and explode near Guido (killing him). Magik mourns him then gets over it. Alex destroys the prison as Magik teleports them away.

-General Callahan stands ont eh rubble and declares that the X-Men are back!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Not to defend Rosenberg too much - because this sounds pretty dreary - but I'd bet money that Dead Souls being swept under the rug wasn't entirely his call to make. Dead Souls was part of the old "throw it at the wall, see what sticks" editorial approach. JDW seems to be aiming for a more streamlined, "iconic" approach to characters (and that's only in quotes because what's iconic is going to vary from reader to reader). That means hitting ctrl +z on a lot of the weird and trailing bits of continuity.

Also, Strong Guy biting it does make me more hopeful we're going to see some kind of reset of this ultra-gloomy "World Without X-Men" take once AoXM concludes.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    spoilers:
    Not to defend Rosenberg too much - because this sounds pretty dreary - but I'd bet money that Dead Souls being swept under the rug wasn't entirely his call to make. Dead Souls was part of the old "throw it at the wall, see what sticks" editorial approach. JDW seems to be aiming for a more streamlined, "iconic" approach to characters (and that's only in quotes because what's iconic is going to vary from reader to reader). That means hitting ctrl +z on a lot of the weird and trailing bits of continuity.

Also, Strong Guy biting it does make me more hopeful we're going to see some kind of reset of this ultra-gloomy "World Without X-Men" take once AoXM concludes.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do remember him saying something about being able to continue his plot threads from Astonishing and Dead Souls into Uncanny. Though, that could've just been a cleaner way to soft reboot everything. I don't think post-AOXM X-Men are gonna have to deal with this status quo, if not at all then just barely. Yeah, these deaths seems intentionally quick-paced because this is ultimately getting reworked somehow (though they are interacting with other Marvel events).
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    First Blindfold. Now Guido.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

So... I ended up liking this, mostly.

spoilers:

- The writing for Guido's death was on the wall since Dead Souls, and I can't imagine most people in this forum pissed about his death since he doesn't check any particular box for some poster. I'm still sad to see him go. RIP Strong Guy. Let's hope your cousin Big Guy eventually carries on your legacy.
    - The "we came here for protection" was clearly Warlock and not the people possessed, so it doesn't bother me at all. In his situation, it's understandable to think like that.
    - Larroca was not really bad here, but I'm more and more anxious for Gomez' return.
    - Callahan seems so not bothered by what happened that I think even he doesn't hype himself. Either that or he's excessively calm.
    - Scott and Alex reunion! That was sad, but it felt good. Scott trying to calm him down and Alex saying "it should have been me" kind of cut deep. I'm an older brother of three and that really struck a chord.
    - I enjoyed Scott and Logan's dynamic a lot and this makes me see how much I've missed them. Logan looking at Scott's ass while saying "Cute" under his breath wins the "Panel of the Week" prize.
    end of spoilers
    I'm still into this book. Let's hope it's still like that for the foreseeable future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But then Beast called him "old friend" at the beginning of IvsX and in fact answered his call at the beginning of Death of X. He even sought refuge in him during Time Runs Out.

Beast is weird
    Hank and Scott are best bros they just had a few big disagreements

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    spoilers:

-After the preview, we see Wolverine and Cyclops tear their way into this ONE base, where they are approached by these T-O-infected Sentinels

-Wolverine slashes his way through one before it pleads with him to stop, and Cyclops reminds Logan that a Sentinel bleeding isn't exactly normal. They open it up to reveal Strong Guy, hooked up inside.

-Logan and Scott start to free the other two Sentinels that have Dani and Shan inside. They reveal that they (for some stupid reason) went to O.N.E. because they thought they would get help. No.......that is seriously the reason. They didn't get captured or anything, they willingly went. It's almost as if they didn't hear Tran say they were test subjects. Anyway, they got experimented on, so they all rush inside to get the rest of the prisoners

-They go through all the cells and find three Madrox dupes (one has an eyepatch)

-Cyclops frees Rahne and Illyana, who have been freed from the TO virus (are you kidding???? rosenberg's precious pet character can't even get the only redeeming consequence of the whole mini?). Apparently, the explanation is that they are both shapeshifters and their bodies adapted to handle the infection. After they reunite, they know that one member is left: Havok, who is hooekd up a bunch of cables and looks to be powering the place (Black Bolt IVX teas?)

-They make it back to the open prison area where they start a prison riott against the prison guards. watch the gifted (tuesdays at 9pm) if you dont want to spend 4 bucks. anyways, the Madrox clones feel a bomb inside them and explode near Guido (killing him). Magik mourns him then gets over it. Alex destroys the prison as Magik teleports them away.

-General Callahan stands ont eh rubble and declares that the X-Men are back!
    end of spoilers
    Where's Banshee in all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Just gathering the team takes 3-6 issues in these modern times.

BANNED

Probably next issue, along with Hope and Madrox and then the band will hit the road.

Incredible Member

I guess, I was kind of hoping he'd already be trying to break Havok out of there when Cyclops and Wolverine got there.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    spoilers:
    First Blindfold. Now Guido.
    end of spoilers

Strong Guy isn't going to keep many people up at night.

BANNED

I guess, I was kind of hoping he'd already be trying to break Havok out of there when Cyclops and Wolverine got there.
    Sean didn't know Alex gave himself up for the team. He left and, during the rest of the team's escape, Alex made the offer to Callahan.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Beast is weird
    I dont like Beast and never defend him but have to here. Beast didnt work for Black Bolt. He worked with the Inhumans to figure out a cure/solution to the Terrigen for mutants. He was a liason and was trying to do good from the inside. I dont think Scott would have been mad about. Beast is a scientist and that wasnt the worst place for him to be

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Sean didn't know Alex gave himself up for the team. He left and, during the rest of the team's escape, Alex made the offer to Callahan.
    He's been a detective in the past though, supposedly a pretty good one. I would think he might have found out, although of course we don't know how much time has passed between the end of Astonishing and now. He'd certainly have heard the X-Men were "dead", and surely he'd be trying to find out if there was anybody left at all. Maybe he's been sitting brooding in his castle with the tv off.