Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

BANNED

Good preview. Havok and the New Mutants are coming back... Missed them.

BANNED

Ah, we went back to Annual Cyclops. Well, at least having him say he doomed everything might please the Jean and Storm fans, so at least someone should be happy.

Let's see how Rosenberg handles this prison break. At least he got the gay subtext between Slim and Bub perfectly fine, so it's a start.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Ah, we went back to Annual Cyclops. Well, at least having him say he doomed everything might please the Jean and Storm fans, so at least someone should be happy.

Let's see how Rosenberg handles this prison break. At least he got the gay subtext between Slim and Bub perfectly fine, so it's a start.
    Well, it happened sooner than I thought. Not sure how he contributed to the current hate while dead, but he does tend to blame himself for everything. I'm not sure what to think at this point. Also, why is Wolverine's shirt off as well in that panel?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I-I never should've led the X-Men waaaaaaaaah

C-C-C-allahan, Callahan, C-C-C-C-CCCCCCCCcccccc *bass drop*

Thank God the plan went to hell so there's no risk of a prison break as boring as the one Rosenberg wrote in this week's Punisher.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yep. Last week was a mirage. The Cyclops Apology World Tour is back on.

Wake me up when any of this matters.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

At least he got the gay subtext between Slim and Bub perfectly fine, so it's a start.
    Lol, i genuinely love their dynamic so much
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-14-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Rosenberg is quoting beauty and the beast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Yep. Last week was a mirage. The Cyclops Apology World Tour is back on.

Wake me up when any of this matters.
    If they could just stick to one characterization, this wouldn't be as annoying.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    If they could just stick to one characterization, this wouldn't be as annoying.
    I don't think it doesn't fit. Scott returned and saw all his friends are "dead". So, as usual, he blames himself for everything wrong, no only because he is a classic "the world over my shoulders" hero, but he might be going through the survivor's guilt. So that's why he was angry, faced a mob of racists, said some **** to Rogers, confronted some villians... And now he met an old friend, so the angry part slowed down and he is back to the blame thing...

"Being right" or "being wrong" is reductive to this character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I don't think it doesn't fit. Scott returned and saw all his friends are "dead". So, as usual, he blames himself for everything wrong, no only because he is a classic "the world over my shoulders" hero, but he might be going through the survivor's guilt. So that's why he was angry, faced a mob of racists, said some **** to Rogers, confronted some villians... And now he met an old friend, so the angry part slowed down and he is back to the blame thing...

"Being right" or "being wrong" is reductive to this character development.
    While I would agree that this fits Scott's character, I wouldn't be annoyed if it was just him stating these ideas. The fact that others are blaming him for the situation despite his lack of involvement doesn't feel necessary. Scott is always going to blame himself and it's a part of his character I'm fine with, but with the accumulation of everything else, it's a little annoying. It doesn't feel like there was any improvement from the time before and since his death.

Maybe the comic will be different as the story goes on, but so far it doesn't seem as if there is going to be that much change based off the track record so far.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 02-14-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

....... Here we go again I though he was over that...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Well, it happened sooner than I thought. Not sure how he contributed to the current hate while dead, but he does tend to blame himself for everything. I'm not sure what to think at this point. Also, why is Wolverine's shirt off as well in that panel?
    Giving him the fangirls what they want, they even had Logan saying to Scott that he did ok, in spite of blaming himself, trust me there is fanfic of this already
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Looks nice to me.
    That 'let us in or your boss'll be annoyed' move not working for once makes me smile.
    The bitching about Cyclops and Wolverine continues to be ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'