Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Don't you dare. We do not need time travel shenanigans. Not now.
    Cable-nort
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    So Sprite will be next

Blue kid, wings, female
    Isn't Sprite made of rock? I'm not sure just shooting her would be that easy.

But please, writers, don't hurt Jia!
    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Don't you dare. We do not need time travel shenanigans. Not now.
    We all know and must accept that time travel is probably happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Cable-nort
    Darkness within darkness awaits you.

I never should've lead. It should have been my superiors Storm and dead Jean clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I would love to see Scott interact with the Champions. I really liked his time with them and how it was sort of the one time he was allowed to just be a normal kid sometimes
    Adult cyclops will in fact be appearing in a War of Realms issue of champions.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

This looks good. Hopefully Scott doesn't stay down for too long. Cyclops was right, even if he didn't know it. Also technically all this is on Kitty as she was the leader of the X-men so basically the X-men all "died" on Kitty's watch.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Scott will probably blame himself for his death leading to Kitty being in charge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This looks good. Hopefully Scott doesn't stay down for too long. Cyclops was right, even if he didn't know it. Also technically all this is on Kitty as she was the leader of the X-men so basically the X-men all "died" on Kitty's watch.
    Jean was in charge during Disassembled. If Kitty was in charge, Armor would’ve killed Nate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Jean was in charge during Disassembled. If Kitty was in charge, Armor would’ve killed Nate.
    You're right. Kitty wasn't active most of the time as she was imprisoned.

Then when she was released, she didn't take over the leadership, it was a free-for-all.

Jean and Psylocke took the initiatives to be co-leaders but mostly it was Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    I never should've lead.
    Maybe it was a typo. It should read: " i never should've dead/died "

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I always seen Scott as that guy that shouldered the load, so to speak, so i can see him being bummed out about this somewhat. Humans are multi-faceted and can go thru a range of emotions.
    Scott has always "shouldered" responsibility. He's taken the responsibility of being a leader very, very seriously. But he has never constantly WHINED like this. *Oh I'm such a terrible person, I ruined everything, I regret everything, I killed the dream...." Geezus, feeling the weight of consequences, over-thinking his role as leader ≠ constantly whining and complaining and self-flagellating out loud to anyone who will listen. How is this a mature man? How is this Cyclops of the last 15 years? I guess Cyke not only got Tyke's memories, he became a whiny 16 year old too.

I'm amazed at how some fans are going along with this. Fact: Scott Summers did not ruin anything. He saved mutantkind. Fact: Scott Summers didn't doom the "dream" because there never was a viable dream to begin with. Xavier was a manipulative, hypocritical cult leader and it was so refreshing when Cyclops figured that out. Fact: Scott Summers was blamed both in-Universe for sh*t he didn't do, and in a meta sense this narrative was pushed by writers and editors and is still being pushed.

So we had leader Scott, who manned-up and rejected the old ways, created something new. We had Tyke, who was still acting like a brainwashed princess. Now we have this new Scott who is a whiny, depressed penitent who alternates between adult responsible and crybaby. It isn't good enough for Marvel to constantly hit fans over the head with "Cyclops was Wrong" editorially, or by having other characters in the Marvel Universe say it, now they have to hit us over the head with Scott Summers himself crying about it comic after comic. Still does NOT make it true, either.

How is this making us feel sorry for Scott Summers? How is this showing respect for the character? It makes me cringe. I don't see characterization here, just Marvel beating a dead horse.

I really was looking forward to this new era of UNCANNY. But not if I'm going to have to read about Scott Summers making an ass out of himself every other issue, especially to make Wolverine look good. Like Logan is always right, I suppose. Like his behavior the last 15 years was morally unimpeachable?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    It's so bad. And wrong.
    It is. But what can we do? It's the narrative they want to push and this will probably be presented as the "redemption story" for all the evil that he brought into the X-Men since he took over after Planet X. I'm not sure they want to make him sympathetic or makes us more understanding of whatever BS they throw at him after you-know-who returns and they're inevitably compared, with Scott coming out as the worst. "You brought this on yourself, Scott. You should continue preaching Xavier's pacifist speech while kids were being killed and mutantkind was on the brink of extinction. And then you called yourself a revolutionary and tried to fight authority for hounding mutants. Honestly, how dare you? Jean's corpse leading the X-Men Weekend at Bernie's style would have been better!".

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Scott has always "shouldered" responsibility. He's taken the responsibility of being a leader very, very seriously. But he has never constantly WHINED like this. *Oh I'm such a terrible person, I ruined everything, I regret everything, I killed the dream...." Geezus, feeling the weight of consequences, over-thinking his role as leader ≠ constantly whining and complaining and self-flagellating out loud to anyone who will listen. How is this a mature man? How is this Cyclops of the last 15 years? I guess Cyke not only got Tyke's memories, he became a whiny 16 year old too.

I'm amazed at how some fans are going along with this. Fact: Scott Summers did not ruin anything. He saved mutantkind. Fact: Scott Summers didn't doom the "dream" because there never was a viable dream to begin with. Xavier was a manipulative, hypocritical cult leader and it was so refreshing when Cyclops figured that out. Fact: Scott Summers was blamed both in-Universe for sh*t he didn't do, and in a meta sense this narrative was pushed by writers and editors and is still being pushed.

So we had leader Scott, who manned-up and rejected the old ways, created something new. We had Tyke, who was still acting like a brainwashed princess. Now we have this new Scott who is a whiny, depressed penitent who alternates between adult responsible and crybaby. It isn't good enough for Marvel to constantly hit fans over the head with "Cyclops was Wrong" editorially, or by having other characters in the Marvel Universe say it, now they have to hit us over the head with Scott Summers himself crying about it comic after comic. Still does NOT make it true, either.

How is this making us feel sorry for Scott Summers? How is this showing respect for the character? It makes me cringe. I don't see characterization here, just Marvel beating a dead horse.

I really was looking forward to this new era of UNCANNY. But not if I'm going to have to read about Scott Summers making an ass out of himself every other issue, especially to make Wolverine look good. Like Logan is always right, I suppose. Like his behavior the last 15 years was morally unimpeachable?
    This post. Everything.

Don't be surprised if he's also kinda incompetent on the battle field just like Tyke. He already kinda was in #11.

And of course half of it is done to make Wolverine look good. When isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    This post. Everything.

Don't be surprised if he's also kinda incompetent on the battle field just like Tyke. He already kinda was in #11.

Exactly! I was just thinking about that. Is this all some kind of push to make Wolverine look good, to put him in every X-book again? If so, I'm not paying $4 a book for the All New Wolverine Show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    This post. Everything.

I wouldn't say that he was imcompetent. I think it was implied that in all of his fights he's a bit rusty and suicidal and at least one of them involved him being drunk.