Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

BANNED

Good preview. Havok and the New Mutants are coming back... Missed them.

I-I never should've led the X-Men waaaaaaaaah

C-C-C-allahan, Callahan, C-C-C-C-CCCCCCCCcccccc *bass drop*

Thank God the plan went to hell so there's no risk of a prison break as boring as the one Rosenberg wrote in this week's Punisher.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Good preview. Havok and the New Mutants are coming back... Missed them.
    really when?
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

spoilers:

-After the preview, we see Wolverine and Cyclops tear their way into this ONE base, where they are approached by these T-O-infected Sentinels

-Wolverine slashes his way through one before it pleads with him to stop, and Cyclops reminds Logan that a Sentinel bleeding isn't exactly normal. They open it up to reveal Strong Guy, hooked up inside.

-Logan and Scott start to free the other two Sentinels that have Dani and Shan inside. They reveal that they (for some stupid reason) went to O.N.E. because they thought they would get help. No.......that is seriously the reason. They didn't get captured or anything, they willingly went. It's almost as if they didn't hear Tran say they were test subjects. Anyway, they got experimented on, so they all rush inside to get the rest of the prisoners

-They go through all the cells and find three Madrox dupes (one has an eyepatch)

-Cyclops frees Rahne and Illyana, who have been freed from the TO virus (are you kidding???? rosenberg's precious pet character can't even get the only redeeming consequence of the whole mini?). Apparently, the explanation is that they are both shapeshifters and their bodies adapted to handle the infection. After they reunite, they know that one member is left: Havok, who is hooekd up a bunch of cables and looks to be powering the place (Black Bolt IVX teas?)

-They make it back to the open prison area where they start a prison riott against the prison guards. watch the gifted (tuesdays at 9pm) if you dont want to spend 4 bucks. anyways, the Madrox clones feel a bomb inside them and explode near Guido (killing him). Magik mourns him then gets over it. Alex destroys the prison as Magik teleports them away.

-General Callahan stands ont eh rubble and declares that the X-Men are back!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Not to defend Rosenberg too much - because this sounds pretty dreary - but I'd bet money that Dead Souls being swept under the rug wasn't entirely his call to make. Dead Souls was part of the old "throw it at the wall, see what sticks" editorial approach. JDW seems to be aiming for a more streamlined, "iconic" approach to characters (and that's only in quotes because what's iconic is going to vary from reader to reader). That means hitting ctrl +z on a lot of the weird and trailing bits of continuity.

Also, Strong Guy biting it does make me more hopeful we're going to see some kind of reset of this ultra-gloomy "World Without X-Men" take once AoXM concludes.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    spoilers:

-After the preview, we see Wolverine and Cyclops tear their way into this ONE base, where they are approached by these T-O-infected Sentinels

-Wolverine slashes his way through one before it pleads with him to stop, and Cyclops reminds Logan that a Sentinel bleeding isn't exactly normal. They open it up to reveal Strong Guy, hooked up inside.

-Logan and Scott start to free the other two Sentinels that have Dani and Shan inside. They reveal that they (for some stupid reason) went to O.N.E. because they thought they would get help. No.......that is seriously the reason. They didn't get captured or anything, they willingly went. It's almost as if they didn't hear Tran say they were test subjects. Anyway, they got experimented on, so they all rush inside to get the rest of the prisoners

-They go through all the cells and find three Madrox dupes (one has an eyepatch)

-Cyclops frees Rahne and Illyana, who have been freed from the TO virus (are you kidding???? rosenberg's precious pet character can't even get the only redeeming consequence of the whole mini?). Apparently, the explanation is that they are both shapeshifters and their bodies adapted to handle the infection. After they reunite, they know that one member is left: Havok, who is hooekd up a bunch of cables and looks to be powering the place (Black Bolt IVX teas?)

-They make it back to the open prison area where they start a prison riott against the prison guards. watch the gifted (tuesdays at 9pm) if you dont want to spend 4 bucks. anyways, the Madrox clones feel a bomb inside them and explode near Guido (killing him). Magik mourns him then gets over it. Alex destroys the prison as Magik teleports them away.

-General Callahan stands ont eh rubble and declares that the X-Men are back!
    end of spoilers
    Where's Banshee in all of this?

BANNED

Ah, we went back to Annual Cyclops. Well, at least having him say he doomed everything might please the Jean and Storm fans, so at least someone should be happy.

Let's see how Rosenberg handles this prison break. At least he got the gay subtext between Slim and Bub perfectly fine, so it's a start.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Ah, we went back to Annual Cyclops. Well, at least having him say he doomed everything might please the Jean and Storm fans, so at least someone should be happy.

Let's see how Rosenberg handles this prison break. At least he got the gay subtext between Slim and Bub perfectly fine, so it's a start.
    Well, it happened sooner than I thought. Not sure how he contributed to the current hate while dead, but he does tend to blame himself for everything. I'm not sure what to think at this point. Also, why is Wolverine's shirt off as well in that panel?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Rosenberg is quoting beauty and the beast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Well, it happened sooner than I thought. Not sure how he contributed to the current hate while dead, but he does tend to blame himself for everything. I'm not sure what to think at this point. Also, why is Wolverine's shirt off as well in that panel?
    Giving him the fangirls what they want, they even had Logan saying to Scott that he did ok, in spite of blaming himself, trust me there is fanfic of this already
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Giving him the fangirls what they want, they even had Logan saying to Scott that he did ok, in spite of blaming himself, trust me there is fanfic of this already
    They could have given those fans so much more if they had a zoomed in shot of Scott's face as he's clenching his teeth.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

Yep. Last week was a mirage. The Cyclops Apology World Tour is back on.

Wake me up when any of this matters.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Yep. Last week was a mirage. The Cyclops Apology World Tour is back on.

Wake me up when any of this matters.
    If they could just stick to one characterization, this wouldn't be as annoying.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia