Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I wouldn't say that he was imcompetent. I think it was implied that in all of his fights he's a bit rusty and suicidal and at least one of them involved him being drunk.
    That's why I said 'kinda'. But that excuse still doesn't quite work. I really don't see why he should be missing anything no matter how drunk when all he needs to do is stare at it. And you know, Cyke is supposed to be good at aiming. And his blast don't seem to do any meaningful damage at all, it just pushes people(don't say he was holding back, he was clearly going for the kill). And has he forgotten that wide area blasts exist? Like seriously, why would he try to hit them one at a time? They were gathered in one group, no innocents around, no qualms for killing.

He gets stabbed and has to be saved by Wolverine for something that should be one-hit-kill situation for him.

Even though they are scum, Scott has rarely been seen taking off his visor completely against humans. Of all the bad of the story, I would not say that this is the worst. It's like all the times that Quicksilver has lost when he should logically win.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    That's why I said 'kinda'. But that excuse still doesn't quite work. I really don't see why he should be missing anything no matter how drunk when all he needs to do is stare at it. And you know, Cyke is supposed to be good at aiming. And his blast don't seem to do any meaningful damage at all, it just pushes people(don't say he was holding back, he was clearly going for the kill). And has he forgotten that wide area blasts exist? Like seriously, why would he try to hit them one at a time? They were gathered in one group, no innocents around, no qualms for killing.

He gets stabbed and has to be saved by Wolverine for something that should be one-hit-kill situation for him.
    Again, he was suicidal. I'm not sure he was really hoping for a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Scott has always "shouldered" responsibility. He's taken the responsibility of being a leader very, very seriously. But he has never constantly WHINED like this. *Oh I'm such a terrible person, I ruined everything, I regret everything, I killed the dream...." Geezus, feeling the weight of consequences, over-thinking his role as leader ≠ constantly whining and complaining and self-flagellating out loud to anyone who will listen. How is this a mature man? How is this Cyclops of the last 15 years? I guess Cyke not only got Tyke's memories, he became a whiny 16 year old too.

I'm amazed at how some fans are going along with this. Fact: Scott Summers did not ruin anything. He saved mutantkind. Fact: Scott Summers didn't doom the "dream" because there never was a viable dream to begin with. Xavier was a manipulative, hypocritical cult leader and it was so refreshing when Cyclops figured that out. Fact: Scott Summers was blamed both in-Universe for sh*t he didn't do, and in a meta sense this narrative was pushed by writers and editors and is still being pushed.

So we had leader Scott, who manned-up and rejected the old ways, created something new. We had Tyke, who was still acting like a brainwashed princess. Now we have this new Scott who is a whiny, depressed penitent who alternates between adult responsible and crybaby. It isn't good enough for Marvel to constantly hit fans over the head with "Cyclops was Wrong" editorially, or by having other characters in the Marvel Universe say it, now they have to hit us over the head with Scott Summers himself crying about it comic after comic. Still does NOT make it true, either.

How is this making us feel sorry for Scott Summers? How is this showing respect for the character? It makes me cringe. I don't see characterization here, just Marvel beating a dead horse.

I really was looking forward to this new era of UNCANNY. But not if I'm going to have to read about Scott Summers making an ass out of himself every other issue, especially to make Wolverine look good. Like Logan is always right, I suppose. Like his behavior the last 15 years was morally unimpeachable?
    Agreed!

And the cherry on top? They tried so hard to prove that Scott was a bad leader for making hard calls that the next leader (Kitty) had to be different and failed so hard at her job (and I liked Kitty before). Its like the universe was telling the X-office, sure you can demonize a good leader but I challenge you to put what you think a good leader should be on paper. And when they did, the character just failed miserably. Too bad it had to be Kitty.

Mighty Member

Did Scott fans think that he was going to come back and everything was going to go back to being like it was? That he was just going to resume leadership and everyone was going to fall back in line? It not like it was before he died and there is still some bad blood to work through. Now maybe the self blaming is not to the "Cyke was right" crowd's liking but it was unrealistic to think that he was going to come back be 100% unapologetic about anything, have no regrets and just pick up were he left off. Whether some like it or not there is clearly a redemption arc of sorts going on for Scott, you may hate it, think it's unnecessary because he did nothing wrong but that seems to be the narrative being pushed. Just like for over a decade the narrative being pushed was Cyclops the mutant savior, that era is over and we're now into a new era. The days of General Cyclops and the x-army are over, other characters are stepping up and being put into leadership positions and Scott will have to decide where and how he fits into the new dynamic. And having him reflect on the past, on how some things played out and having some regrets is not a bad thing. Though I suspect some of you want the unapologetic no regrets badass who does whatever he wants and consequences be dammed Cyclops back. Where does that guy currently fit in, will Jean want to get back with that guy, will the X-men want to follow that guy, is anyone calling for a Utopia 2.0? I think Uncanny is perfect, Scott and Logan are back and doing what they do best, they are working together for the same goal, no rancor or animosity, just trying to get the job done. As far as Scott's self reflection and regrets, it's fine because his perspective has changed and to an extent so has he. Plus I don't see that continuing on into the future. The next big thing is going to be when the X-men return and the reunion takes place, how that will play out and questions of leadership, Xavier's dream and the team's direction.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Did Scott fans think that he was going to come back and everything was going to go back to being like it was? That he was just going to resume leadership and everyone was going to fall back in line? It not like it was before he died and there is still some bad blood to work through. Now maybe the self blaming is not to the "Cyke was right" crowd's liking but it was unrealistic to think that he was going to come back be 100% unapologetic about anything, have no regrets and just pick up were he left off. Whether some like it or not there is clearly a redemption arc of sorts going on for Scott, you may hate it, think it's unnecessary because he did nothing wrong but that seems to be the narrative being pushed. Just like for over a decade the narrative being pushed was Cyclops the mutant savior, that era is over and we're now into a new era. The days of General Cyclops and the x-army are over, other characters are stepping up and being put into leadership positions and Scott will have to decide where and how he fits into the new dynamic. And having him reflect on the past, on how some things played out and having some regrets is not a bad thing. Though I suspect some of you want the unapologetic no regrets badass who does whatever he wants and consequences be dammed Cyclops back. Where does that guy currently fit in, will Jean want to get back with that guy, will the X-men want to follow that guy, is anyone calling for a Utopia 2.0? I think Uncanny is perfect, Scott and Logan are back and doing what they do best, they are working together for the same goal, no rancor or animosity, just trying to get the job done. As far as Scott's self reflection and regrets, it's fine because his perspective has changed and to an extent so has he. Plus I don't see that continuing on into the future. The next big thing is going to be when the X-men return and the reunion takes place, how that will play out and questions of leadership, Xavier's dream and the team's direction.
    Honestly, after seeing how Iceman, Storm and Beast treated him, I would have preferred that directly not return with the X-Men. He can not trust those people. How are he going to lead them? Or even work?

Like, when Age of X-man finish sincerely I would like to Cyclops saying: "Well, now you can be worthy for yourselves, I'm leaving". It is clear that they are a toxic relationship for him.

He can go with the Champions and be their Clint Barton.
    Last edited by Glio; 02-16-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Scott has always "shouldered" responsibility. He's taken the responsibility of being a leader very, very seriously. But he has never constantly WHINED like this. *Oh I'm such a terrible person, I ruined everything, I regret everything, I killed the dream...." Geezus, feeling the weight of consequences, over-thinking his role as leader ≠ constantly whining and complaining and self-flagellating out loud to anyone who will listen. How is this a mature man? How is this Cyclops of the last 15 years? I guess Cyke not only got Tyke's memories, he became a whiny 16 year old too.

I'm amazed at how some fans are going along with this. Fact: Scott Summers did not ruin anything. He saved mutantkind. Fact: Scott Summers didn't doom the "dream" because there never was a viable dream to begin with. Xavier was a manipulative, hypocritical cult leader and it was so refreshing when Cyclops figured that out. Fact: Scott Summers was blamed both in-Universe for sh*t he didn't do, and in a meta sense this narrative was pushed by writers and editors and is still being pushed.

So we had leader Scott, who manned-up and rejected the old ways, created something new. We had Tyke, who was still acting like a brainwashed princess. Now we have this new Scott who is a whiny, depressed penitent who alternates between adult responsible and crybaby. It isn't good enough for Marvel to constantly hit fans over the head with "Cyclops was Wrong" editorially, or by having other characters in the Marvel Universe say it, now they have to hit us over the head with Scott Summers himself crying about it comic after comic. Still does NOT make it true, either.

How is this making us feel sorry for Scott Summers? How is this showing respect for the character? It makes me cringe. I don't see characterization here, just Marvel beating a dead horse.

I really was looking forward to this new era of UNCANNY. But not if I'm going to have to read about Scott Summers making an ass out of himself every other issue, especially to make Wolverine look good. Like Logan is always right, I suppose. Like his behavior the last 15 years was morally unimpeachable?
    He has barely been back 5 mins, and in that time he has had to decide to save the person life that helped bring him back or go to try and help save the X-men. He chose to save the guy life that saved him. After making that decision and seeing the circumstances i think anyone with a pulse would question themselves a little.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Did Scott fans think that he was going to come back and everything was going to go back to being like it was? That he was just going to resume leadership and everyone was going to fall back in line?
    Even a cursory glance at his appreciation thread would tell you that the answer to both of these is "no."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Honestly, after seeing how Iceman, Storm and Beast treated him, I would have preferred that directly not return with the X-Men. He can not trust those people. How are he going to lead them? Or even work?

Like, when Age of X-man finish sincerely I would like to Cyclops saying: "Well, now you can be worthy for yourselves, I'm leaving". It is clear that they are a toxic relationship for him.

He can go with the Champions and be their Clint Barton.
    I have to agree, Scott should either go work with the Champions or go work with another younger team. Heck, even the Avengers.

He needs to get away from the X-Men, especially given how messed up the entire team is going to be after all this.

Man Marvel is dead set on making me save my money. I am already so beyond bored of Tyke 2.0.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

And of course half of it is done to make Wolverine look good. When isn't?
    Alright, so it's obvious current editorial will not let go of the "Logan is the noble samurai and Scott was 100% wrong for hurting Logan's man-feelings" thingy. That being said, it's kind of obvious Logan's "plan" will be a colossal fail, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    He needs to get away from the X-Men, especially given how messed up the entire team is going to be after all this.
    AoX-Men: "You have no idea how rough it was for us! We were the bad guys and fake people in fake dreamland thought we were jerks instead of kind and beloved and awesome at everything!"
    Cyclops: "....................."
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 02-17-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Look on the bright side Cyclops fans you could have waited twice as long for Cyclops to come back then be teased with his return. Only for nothing to be announced for months. Then have him teased as a major player in event where he shows up for a half issue to say I’m actually not going to be in this. Then get four minis supposedly about his return that turn out to reveal nothing and highlight everyone but him. Then get another mini that lies about the creative team then gets delayed then treads water all series only to have another character (Cyclops) lap him on character development in his first issue back.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 02-17-2019 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Look on the bright side Cyclops fans you could have waited twice as long for Cyclops to come back then be teased with his return. Only for nothing to be announced for months. Then have him teased as a major player in event where he shows up for a half issue to say I’m actually not going to be in this. Then get four minis supposedly about his return that turn out to reveal nothing and highlight everyone but him. Then get another mini that lies about the creative team then gets delayed then treads water all series only to have another character (Cyclops) lap him on character development in his first issue back.
    We didn't have a better version of Cyclops running around doing pretty much the same things and everyone treating him not much different than the original.

to have another character (Cyclops) lap him on character development in his first issue back.
    My god, this line.

Please Wolverine fans, with all due respect, I'm really really not trying to offend anyone, but don't even try to say you've got it worse than us. Please, just don't.

BANNED

Still dunno where Rosenberg is going with this, been underwhelming

We didn't have a better version of Cyclops running around doing pretty much the same things and everyone treating him not much different than the original.

My god, this line.

Please Wolverine fans, with all due respect, I'm really really not trying to offend anyone, but don't even try to say you've got it worse than us. Please, just don't.
    Yeah because teen Cyclops wasn’t running around playing a big roll in X-men Blue and part of a New Champions team or anything.