Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitan View Post
    Strong Guy isn't going to keep many people up at night.
    It's still indicative of an endemic disregard for younger characters, and a view that they're disposable for the sake of the old guard.

Incredible Member

Is he a young character? Either in terms of age, or even in terms of how long established he is. Hasn't he been around as a character for over 30 years? Sure he was in the New Mutants in the early or mid 80s (I may well be wrong there though).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Is he a young character? Either in terms of age, or even in terms of how long established he is. Hasn't he been around as a character for over 30 years? Sure he was in the New Mutants in the early or mid 80s (I may well be wrong there though).
    Who knows about in-universe age these days. And for some reason I didn't think he first appeared as far back as he did.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The only thing this is indicative of is writers still (erroneously) thinking and using "death" as shock/emotional value for moving a story forward.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Who knows about in-universe age these days. And for some reason I didn't think he first appeared as far back as he did.
    Big Joe is correct...he was initially Lila Cheney's body guard/master of her house back in the day when the NM went after the Gladiators for kidnapping Amara and Roberto.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's amazing isn't it, but I reckon he first appeared not too long after Rogue joined the X-Men, so he was around well before Gambit, Longshot, Psylocke (except in Marvel UK), Cable, Deadpool etc. I dare say he's never really been top of anybody's list, but he has been a fairly long running, well established character. There have been some good and interesting explorations of him as well, and I don't think he's dead.

Ultimate Member

Strange how outside of Lorna and a bit Pietro this issue had most of the old X-Factor members in it...

Amazing Member

I dare say he's never really been top of anybody's list
    You’d sort of be wrong. He and Multiple Man have been in my top five for decades.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bossofbam View Post
    You’d sort of be wrong. He and Multiple Man have been in my top five for decades.
    Excellent, I also think he's a good character when well written, and he has been well written at times over the years. Multiple Man, if I'm right again has been around as a character longer than Storm, Colossus and Nightcrawler. I'm hoping he's going to get back to being used as more than just a bit of comic relief to be honest, because he actually deserves better.

Excellent, I also think he's a good character when well written, and he has been well written at times over the years. Multiple Man, if I'm right again has been around as a character longer than Storm, Colossus and Nightcrawler. I'm hoping he's going to get back to being used as more than just a bit of comic relief to be honest, because he actually deserves better.
    Does he? based on what? I like SG too but it's not like any of his storylines will ever be a real 'barn burner'

that issue in X-Factor vol2 issss pretty good tho lol

double Post
    Last edited by BroHomo; 02-21-2019 at 05:23 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Does he? based on what? I like SG too but it's not like any of his storylines will ever be a real 'barn burner'

that issue in X-Factor vol2 issss pretty good tho lol
    I was thinking Multiple Man more than Strong Guy in that post, but yes you're right that issue was great.

BANNED

aha whiny loser Cyclops crying woe is me seems to be making a comeback.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Cyclops was only crying in the pages we saw in the preview and you can blame that on the whiskey. Havok tho.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Cyclops was only crying in the pages we saw in the preview and you can blame that on the whiskey. Havok tho.
    lol you are right. maybe they will both try to drown their sorrows by going on a binge while shooting bolts and beams in the skies.