Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Yeah I’d say the Anubis look was a MUCH needed improvement costume wise. Granted it ruined the character behind the mask

I saw a fan art of the Jackal that completely redesigned him with an Anubis helmet/mask that I really liked.

It even keeps the electro-prod claws...

Back to Miles, interestingly the times we’ve seen him adapted in other media he was either cloning from the get go, or messing around with genetics... and the only time we’ve seen the Jackal in cartoons is Marvel’s Spider-Man... in which they merged Miles and Raymond together and made him Gwen’s uncle...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    nice to see people getting into the spirit of an appreciation thread
    Ha! Touche!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Yeah I’d say the Anubis look was a MUCH needed improvement costume wise. Granted it ruined the character behind the mask...
    I agree completely, with both points.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Yeah I’d say the Anubis look was a MUCH needed improvement costume wise. Granted it ruined the character behind the mask

I saw a fan art of the Jackal that completely redesigned him with an Anubis helmet/mask that I really liked.

It even keeps the electro-prod claws...

Back to Miles, interestingly the times we’ve seen him adapted in other media he was either cloning from the get go, or messing around with genetics... and the only time we’ve seen the Jackal in cartoons is Marvel’s Spider-Man... in which they merged Miles and Raymond together and made him Gwen’s uncle...
    Funny enough, when Warren appears in TAS for the second time (albeit in flashback), his cloning experiments end up triggering a multiversal apocalypse after he makes Spider-Man (in an A/U) the subject of said experiments, and the ensuing identity crisis results in attempted murder, followed by possession by an even more murderous alien symbiote (previously and originally bonded to someone who was already a murderous lunatic), the near-total devastation of New York City (from which I would presume a lot of people end up dead), and finally attempted omnicide (in which everyone, across time and space and reality itself, would end up dead). So yeah . . .

As for his appearance in Marvel's Spider-Man as Gwen's uncle . . . that has so many unsettling implications I'm not going to touch with even Otto Octavius's tentacles.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    ...As for his appearance in Marvel's Spider-Man as Gwen's uncle . . . that has so many unsettling implications I'm not going to touch with even Otto Octavius's tentacles.
    Yeah, I think it is for the best we all leave that one alone... *yuck*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, I think it is for the best we all leave that one alone... *yuck*
    Uh-huh. I do agree with you and Mistah K88 that the Clone Conspiracy "revamp" of the Jackal was simultaneously more visually impressive and severely damaging to Ben Reilly's character, though I wouldn't say he was totally FUBAR. Then again, only future appearances will tell.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, Ben Reilly masquerading as Anubis, the jackal-headed Egyptian god of the underworld was badass. Oh, and killing the original Jackal in ASM Worldwide 24. A karmic death if there ever was one, even if Ben's derangement by the end of The Clone Conspiracy really ruined his character for a while.
    We sure Warrens dead? I mean, we didn't see a body and all...

miles in the lab coat and glasses is 100x better and more intimidating than the fuzzy suit somehow but obviously anubis is the GOAT

As for his appearance in Marvel's Spider-Man as Gwen's uncle . . . that has so many unsettling implications I'm not going to touch with even Otto Octavius's tentacles.
    wait
    what
    what
    what
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    We sure Warrens dead? I mean, we didn't see a body and all...
    Point taken. Maybe Warren crawled out of that burning safehouse while Ben and the firefighters Ben was threatening weren't looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    miles in the lab coat and glasses is 100x better and more intimidating than the fuzzy suit somehow but obviously anubis is the GOAT

wait
    what
    what
    what
    Yeah, no joke. I'm not kidding. Kinda wish I was, but I'm not.

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 No. 13 (February 1984)

Astonishing Member

While I like the Anubis costume best, I think the furry green design is good if it’s a mutation. It gives more excuse as to why he looks like that in the first place.

Spectacular Member

I think that a live action take of the jackal would definitely appear more threatening if they did what they did for the joker in the dark knight where the costume is a distortion of the ordinary for creepy affect. Also I feel like this character has a lot of untapped potential as the joker of the marvel universe since he could be the best psychological villain out there. For example, imagine him cloning the punisher’s family and taking them away in such a way that it puts him in a collision course with peter Parker. In what if story lines the punisher has battled against the entire marvel universe if he saw them responsible for his family’s dead. A nobody like Peter Parker looks suspicious for anybody who doesn’t know his secret identity, which might make frank more willing to take his life. Also the Jackal is immortal since he always keeps clones as backup, we learned this in spider-island. Plus he is also a huge liar because he actually believes his own lies thanks to his broken psyche.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    I think that a live action take of the jackal would definitely appear more threatening if they did what they did for the joker in the dark knight where the costume is a distortion of the ordinary for creepy affect. Also I feel like this character has a lot of untapped potential as the joker of the marvel universe since he could be the best psychological villain out there.
    What exactly does a creepy professor who clones the same three people again and again have anything to do with a guy who murders people with weapons disguised as joke items?

And as far as Joker of the Marvel Universe goes, you have Green Goblin, you have Carnage, you have Bullseye, you have the Puppetmaster.

In what if story lines the punisher has battled against the entire marvel universe if he saw them responsible for his family’s dead. A nobody like Peter Parker looks suspicious for anybody who doesn’t know his secret identity, which might make frank more willing to take his life.
    Frank Castle never kills anyone until he has sufficient proof of their guilt. He's not going to kill Peter for no reason at all.

Spectacular Member

I had an idea of perhaps a different Jackal deciding to become an ally of the hand, and create clones of dead, strong warriors and have the hand use their magic to take control of the bodies and make them all ninjas underworld their control.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    What exactly does a creepy professor who clones the same three people again and again have anything to do with a guy who murders people with weapons disguised as joke items?

And as far as Joker of the Marvel Universe goes, you have Green Goblin, you have Carnage, you have Bullseye, you have the Puppetmaster.

Frank Castle never kills anyone until he has sufficient proof of their guilt. He's not going to kill Peter for no reason at all.
    Jackals obsession with peter mirrors the one the joker has with Batman. Miles Warren is in love with the idea and power of spiderman and will never allow that to die. He isn’t utilized to his full potential, we are talking about a guy who could give spider powers to an entire city. He knows how to hurt peter in ways not a lot of people can and he is a threat that may never truly disappear as long as a version of peter or Gwen is around. Green Goblin in its core is a combination of lex Luther with the joker, but he comes of as a more dangerous threat to peter when he embraces his Luthor side. (dark avengers) carnage is a fantastic villain, but the problem with him is that he was always to single minded on killing, no purpose or reason which makes him scary, but limits him as a character since that takes away any possibility of making him a three-dimensional person( PS Donny Cates run of venom does an amazing job at making him the scariest thing in marvel).
    Lastly, the Jackal has tricked the punisher before and since he is an expert of Parker DNA there is no way that the punisher wouldn’t be tricked. The problem with the Jackal is that he isn’t utilized well enough because every time he shows up the writers him peter a deux ex machina moment that undermines the situation.