Default Reed Richards vs Dr Doom

Reed Richards

vs

Dr Doom

They have 30 seconds in their labs to prepare for the fight before they're transported to the arena. They don't know who they'll be fighting until they come face to face. Who takes it?

Hum. I want to say Doom, but mostly for that Reed wouldn't thus have some sense of "be sure to compensate for magic BS via some means or other" as far as the operating completely in the dark stipulation.

Yeah in general Doom loses to Reed because his ego gets butthurt and slips up. In basic beat down like this and having more options than Reed? Doom wins.

Some of it boils down to that Reed is somewhat smarter than the guy, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Oh there is no doubt there. Reed is smarter, and Doom is close, but just close and his ego is a huge block for competence.

Have they thrown down since Doom got his sorcery upgrade? I seem to recall Doom's magic being quite weak and secondary back when Doom and Reed were fighting constantly.

He is, but in a fight with only 30 seconds to prepare I don't think it plays a major part.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    He is, but in a fight with only 30 seconds to prepare I don't think it plays a major part.
    I was referring more to the overall factors that contribute to "why Doom tends to lose to Reed", not this particular fight, where he should win fine really.

I was referring more to the overall factors that contribute to "why Doom tends to lose to Reed", not this particular fight, where he should win fine really.
    That I agree with.

In the arena, Doom is less likely to lose due to psychological-tendencies-when-dealing-with-Richards though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    In the arena, Doom is less likely to lose due to psychological-tendencies-when-dealing-with-Richards though, right?
    It wouldn't matter remotely for the conditions of this particular fight in any event.

I'd wager Doom wins, more often than not.

In 30 seconds, the tech they're likely to muster up/gather will be relatively equal, but Doom will have his armour on by default, giving him a head start, and whatever magic the version in this fight has at his disposal.

It's basically:

Default armour, default magic + 30 seconds prep
    Vs
    Stretchy man + 30 seconds prep

The former certainly looks like he has an advantage to me.