Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    According to Soule:

"The structure of RETURN OF WOLVERINE is an ascent from the underworld - Logan wakes up in hell, and then he makes his way to heaven, encountering all sorts of things from his past as he does, but without the context to understand them because his memories are gone."
    A concept this good deserved a better editor.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

And a better writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    According to Soule:

"The structure of RETURN OF WOLVERINE is an ascent from the underworld - Logan wakes up in hell, and then he makes his way to heaven, encountering all sorts of things from his past as he does, but without the context to understand them because his memories are gone."

So Logan being used as a weapon against his own choice, waking up around extinct species, killing his son (that's why Daken was included in this story), fighting his friends, having memories issues, letting his berserker side take the better of him, etc... basically all the tropes that plagued the Wolverine's franchise those last few years. All of that serving as tests to see if he was fit to go to "Heaven" or in this case Persephone's space station. Once here with no other choice but to accept what he did, that no one would see him as a hero but just a monster he would have to accept Persephone's offer and condemn the world.
    In the end, Logan refused, accepted who he was and what he did and stopped her. Persephone was basically the avatar of death and Logan the avatar of life in this story according to Soule and because of that he fascinated her.

Of course it may have sounded better in Soule's mind because the execution was lackluster and was already done much better in the past during the Logan Files story by Tieri and the Goes to Hell/Revenge saga by Aaron (even the whole plot about Logan's body inhabited by someone else while Logan's soul was in Hell) and in the end Soule couldn't even give Logan an interesting new status quo or a good fresh start. Honestly after seeing all of his work on the Wolverine and X-Men franchises, Soule should just stick to Star Wars comics and never write any Wolverine or X-Men comics ever again.

If Jimmy Hudson, Romulus, Remus and Weapon H could have been killed along the way that would have been great too.
    Strong concept, lackluster execution, all those delays didn't help frankly. Hopefully Soule would stay away from the X-Line for a long time.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Well, as anyone could have guessed, this was bad. Still don't know how the guy who made such a fun run on Daredevil missed the mark so hard on Wolverine. So far, I can already blame Soule for awful writing of four of my favorite X-Men. If he ever gets Sunspot, I'll be actually mad.
    His Dart Vader is pretty good too, honestly i expected something better from him.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Adding a bit to what i say before, i can't believe that the best Wolverine stories from the last year came from two Venom books, two f#%$ng Venom books, in the year that we have an entire event dedicated to his resurrection this year. Christ Marvel you already did something good by giving us more Duggan Wolverine, allowed Cates and Loveness here too.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

https://mobilestore.marvel.com/Wolve...al-comic/51385 I do not think the nightmare of ROW is over ....

Quote Originally Posted by Regular man View Post
    https://mobilestore.marvel.com/Wolve...al-comic/51385 I do not think the nightmare of ROW is over ....
    Rosenberg is too cowardly to fucks with #HotClaws.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Rosenberg is too cowardly to fucks with #HotClaws.
    eh, I'm afraid Rosenberg is not as cowardly as we hope he is ... #hotclaws nevvveerrr diiiieeee

Incredible Member

As it is now? Worst and most pointless journey (main and tie-ins) for a "major" hero's return ever.
    I (sort of) stand to be corrected.