Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I’d retcon him out of existence, but that’s just me. Oh and everything else from Way’s origin run.
    So far we'll have to do with him in the ocean, but all in all he's in a good place, water, his kryptonite.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    So far we'll have to do with him in the ocean, but all in all he's in a good place, water, his kryptonite.
    Lol I don't know why this reminded me of Daken and the puddle. And that made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Lol I don't know why this reminded me of Daken and the puddle. And that made me laugh.
    lol it was what i meant with the whole water weakness thing, first the puddle, then Iceman and finally the ocean.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Why so much hate towards Daken?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Well, i personally dislike him (not hate) because he is like the constant prove that Wolverine Origins happened, by the virtue of being the only element of that era that writers keep using, as a character, he is ok and can be entertaining in small doses, but i don't find compelling enough to keep around that absurd story that basically destroyed everything about Wolverine's character, he constantly reminds me that Romulus was a thing and that's not good for me.

With that being said, he has fans i wouldn't want to take away their enjoyment, so if they decide to retcon his origin and throwing away all the stuff in Way's run (because nothing there worth serving), i'm perfectly ok with his existence.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well, i personally dislike him (not hate) because he is like the constant prove that Wolverine Origins happened, by the virtue of being the only element of that era that writers keep using, as a character, he is ok and can be entertaining in small doses, but i don't find compelling enough to keep around that absurd story that basically destroyed everything about Wolverine's character, he constantly reminds me that Romulus was a thing and that's not good for me.

With that being said, he has fans i wouldn't want to take away their enjoyment, so if they decide to retcon his origin and throwing away all the stuff in Way's run (because nothing there worth serving), i'm perfectly ok with his existence.
    To be fair they could cur romulus out and his origin would be the same

Ah sorry my mistake there, i thougth that we re talking about Logan's origin.
    Last edited by TheCape; 02-19-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't hate Daken, but he is a jerk and a monster. I mean, he spent most of that story getting drunk and beating Evan, an adorable 13-year-old boy, up in an attempt to break him so that he would become Apocalypse. That is just mean.

5 issues of exposition... with no real pay off...

What was the point of using Daken in this whole mess?

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    To get rid of another one of the Wolverines running around since Logan died?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Eh, I don't think he's really gone, so it just seems stupid

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    According to Soule:

"The structure of RETURN OF WOLVERINE is an ascent from the underworld - Logan wakes up in hell, and then he makes his way to heaven, encountering all sorts of things from his past as he does, but without the context to understand them because his memories are gone."

So Logan being used as a weapon against his own choice, waking up around extinct species, killing his son (that's why Daken was included in this story), fighting his friends, having memories issues, letting his berserker side take the better of him, etc... basically all the tropes that plagued the Wolverine's franchise those last few years. All of that serving as tests to see if he was fit to go to "Heaven" or in this case Persephone's space station. Once here with no other choice but to accept what he did, that no one would see him as a hero but just a monster he would have to accept Persephone's offer and condemn the world.
    In the end, Logan refused, accepted who he was and what he did and stopped her. Persephone was basically the avatar of death and Logan the avatar of life in this story according to Soule and because of that he fascinated her.

Of course it may have sounded better in Soule's mind because the execution was lackluster and was already done much better in the past during the Logan Files story by Tieri and the Goes to Hell/Revenge saga by Aaron (even the whole plot about Logan's body inhabited by someone else while Logan's soul was in Hell) and in the end Soule couldn't even give Logan an interesting new status quo or a good fresh start. Honestly after seeing all of his work on the Wolverine and X-Men franchises, Soule should just stick to Star Wars comics and never write any Wolverine or X-Men comics ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    If Jimmy Hudson, Romulus, Remus and Weapon H could have been killed along the way that would have been great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    According to Soule:

"The structure of RETURN OF WOLVERINE is an ascent from the underworld - Logan wakes up in hell, and then he makes his way to heaven, encountering all sorts of things from his past as he does, but without the context to understand them because his memories are gone."

So Logan being used as a weapon against his own choice, waking up around extinct species, killing his son (that's why Daken was included in this story), fighting his friends, having memories issues, letting his berserker side take the better of him, etc... basically all the tropes that plagued the Wolverine's franchise those last few years. All of that serving as tests to see if he was fit to go to "Heaven" or in this case Persephone's space station. Once here with no other choice but to accept what he did, that no one would see him as a hero but just a monster he would have to accept Persephone's offer and condemn the world.
    In the end, Logan refused, accepted who he was and what he did and stopped her. Persephone was basically the avatar of death and Logan the avatar of life in this story according to Soule and because of that he fascinated her.

Of course it may have sounded better in Soule's mind because the execution was lackluster and was already done much better in the past during the Logan Files story by Tieri and the Goes to Hell/Revenge saga by Aaron (even the whole plot about Logan's body inhabited by someone else while Logan's soul was in Hell) and in the end Soule couldn't even give Logan an interesting new status quo or a good fresh start. Honestly after seeing all of his work on the Wolverine and X-Men franchises, Soule should just stick to Star Wars comics and never write any Wolverine or X-Men comics ever again.

If Jimmy Hudson, Romulus, Remus and Weapon H could have been killed along the way that would have been great too.
    Thanks for the explanation! yeah, the idea might have been good but I didn't get it by reading it. It was very lackluster and the whole event seems pointless. I might be wrong but don't think it will have any effect or follow up in the future. I doubt Logan will have hot claws or Daken staying dead or any of the hunt team questioning Logan about what he's done. Wouldn't be surprised if we'll never hear from Persephone again either. And Logan is quite busy right now with more important things. Hopefully those will be better.

BANNED

Well, as anyone could have guessed, this was bad. Still don't know how the guy who made such a fun run on Daredevil missed the mark so hard on Wolverine. So far, I can already blame Soule for awful writing of four of my favorite X-Men. If he ever gets Sunspot, I'll be actually mad.