Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Well, to start off with, the guy's a Nazi. He's not one of those types that was just following orders either. He personal led units that were dedicated to nothing but wiping towns of innocent people right off the map.

He tends to look back on the Nazi atrocities as "good times".

In fact, Red Skull kidnapped and killed many high ranking Nazis so he could raise higher i the chain of command. Even Hitler feared being replaced by the guy.

Also, he made his own backup plan in case the Nazis lost the war. It was to build a group of machine that would destroy the entire world.

He gave the orders that led to Bucky's "death". He personally killed a hero that was standing in as the "new" Captain America.

He also once tried to put Hitler's Brain in Captain America's body.

At one point, he also took over Latveria in Doom's absence.

When time started catching up to him and he began aging at an advanced rate, he kidnapped most of Cap's friends and allies an forced Cap to undergo a procedure that would turn him into an old man as well.

He had the government later remove Steve Rogers from the Captain America title and gave it to John Walker (U.S. Agent.)

He became a drug lord selling things even Kingpin didn't want to touch.

He also gained reality warping powers for a time and turned Washington into a hell on earth.
    Is it me, or are all of Marvel's villains just evil to the extreme? Sheesh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    There's always Magneto.

Well Dracula does not seem excessively cruel, he is a bad guy but besides seducing the odd super heroine, eating people (as a vampire that's a given) and occasionally trying to take over Merry old England...he Keeps to himself.

Juggernaut and Electro keep to common thuggery, Joystick is a thrill seeker, Speed Demon and Rhino are mostly thieves. Yeah there are plenty of marvel villains who while criminalistic won't eat babies or something over the top. Many clearly have limits.

Red Skull isn't the villian to judge the rest of Marvel by. Even the other villains think the guy is an irredeemable scumbag.

Fantastic Member

There's a bit where even Hitler was thinking the Skull was too extreme.

The problem is that if a Marvel villain isn't evil enough, they'll eventually turn hero. Magneto, Emma Frost, Rogue, Diamondback, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, etc. Sandman and Constrictor should probably count too, even though they went villain again eventually.

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Nah, there are still plenty of villains who are merely just jerks.
    Read Superior Foes of Spider-Man for some (hilarious) examples

Yeah. The Skull's sheer level of awful is in a league of its own. It's what makes him one of my favorite villains. One thing Remender was right about, though, is that he's pretty much outmatched in the power department.

That said, I do hope the clone dies and we can get the 'actual' Red Skull back at some point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Seeing as the Skull is the main villain in Axis, this seems like the most ideal time to ask this question. As a guy who hasn't read any of the older Cap comics I keep hearing about the Skull's villainy, but I've never seen anything too out of the ordinary. So, if you could answer with some scans, "feats" or anything, it'd be much appreciated.
    He's so evil that even Dr Doom won't hang out with him.

That pretty much says it all.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

He's pretty durn mean, if I may be so bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrikishaw View Post
    He's so evil the Joker didn't want to work with him.
    This is an accurate report of a thing that happened, in case anyone thinks Dabrikishaw was just making the comparison up to illustrate a point, and it was probably the best scene John Byrne has even written.
    Buh-bye

When Magneto, Dr. Doom & the Joker look down on you, well, your pretty much a huge, toxic POS. What I don't get is how come the entire mutant population has not risen up to throw this POS a magnificent beating.

Very very very very very very very very very very very evil.
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

He is so racist he had his men capture Gabe Jones and Peggy Carter so he could beat and torture them just because they were attracted to one another.
    MasterRaceGames.jpg
    RedCockblocker.jpg
    PTOOtwo.jpg

Oh, he bad.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

I dunno, I think he's OK.