Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default Batman Who Laughs. Thoughts on the character itself and the current miniseries?

The character itself, disturbing as a Batman turned into what he fought, the Joker with no limits. Character design is on point.

At the halfway mark of the miniseries and I'm enjoying that.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 02-15-2019 at 12:28 AM.

I enjoy the character and the mini-séries (especially for what it does to the main universe Batman).

But I must say that I'm kind of sad he was the only one of the Dark Knights who survived Metal, when The Devastator, The Murder Machine and The Drowned where really misguided heroes who failed to realize that they had become monsters and really wanted to save their worlds and have revenge on what they considered unfair rules of the Multiverse.

BANNED

Rubbish character, he's just a by product of Snyder's well known obsession with the Joker. He's the least interesting character among the other Dark Knights, his turn towards villainy is nonsensical, his characterization merits zero points and most of all he just hasn't done anything to back up all the hype he has in universe. Everyone just talks about his greatness.

Really to me he's just an excuse for Snyder to writer more Joker without writing Joker and yet Snyder still continues to use Joker anyway making the whole exercise redundant. I know Snyder thinks he represents Batman without morals but we have various villains fulfilling the role of anti-Batman, even as an all evil Batman he flunks because thats what the other Knights are.
    He's not more tragic than Murder Machine, he's not more evil than Dawnbreaker, he's not more powerful than Devastator or Red Death or Merciless and he's not more lethal/efficient than Grim Knight so the question now becomes, just what exactly is the point of this character?

I'm enjoying the mini, but I think the character is OP'd.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I'd agree with that. Bat Joker God!

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I'd agree with that. Bat Joker God!
    I like Snyder, but he seems to always try and stack the odds as heavily as he can against the hero. Gets tiring. Still better than King though.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    This sums up my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Rubbish character, he's just a by product of Snyder's well known obsession with the Joker. He's the least interesting character among the other Dark Knights, his turn towards villainy is nonsensical, his characterization merits zero points and most of all he just hasn't done anything to back up all the hype he has in universe. Everyone just talks about his greatness.
    ...Seems that we have a similar opinion about him.. I don´t like him.. We have one Joker(I like him), we don´t need more..

BANNED

I wonder if he will be still around for 3 joker's.