Default Joker vs Red Skull

Month of prep for both sides.

Does a Cosmic Cube basically count as standard equipment for the Skull these days?

Either way, his prep is generally operating at a global level rather than local shenanigans. Skull should get this.

Not really, he just likes to contrive to try and scam one from somewhere as his go to move.

The thing about Skull and prep though is.. his prep relies a whole lot on guys like Arnim Zola doing tech work, or in one case, convincing Doom to give him something from his junk drawer. He doesn't get to do that here.

That's not to say the Skull doesn't existingly own giant death robots and bombs and what have you that he could show up with, it's just that of himself he's unlikely to really invent anything new or adapt anything he has in a particular way as opposed to grabbing things already in his possession.

Well the intent of Skull is that he is a strategic and political genius, not a mad scientist type.

Sure, it just means that limited to of himself and his own tangible resources, he's more likely to use a month of prep to grab whatever things from one of his armories/bases and so forth.

Which, hey, still lets him show up in some kind of attack helicopter and with various giant robots and what have you.

Wouldn't be the first time the Joker and Red Skull met.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

With a month of prep, Joker shows up with a gang dressed like clowns and a cleverly disguised delivery system for poison gas, plus a couple of lethal weapons for personal combat.

Red Skull shows up with a Sleeper robot, military grade weapons, and a small army of neo-Nazi thugs.

Red Skull should win easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    With a month of prep, Joker shows up with a gang dressed like clowns and a cleverly disguised delivery system for poison gas, plus a couple of lethal weapons for personal combat.

Red Skull shows up with a Sleeper robot, military grade weapons, and a small army of neo-Nazi thugs.

Red Skull should win easily.
    Not saying joker wins but your underestimateing joker's prep skill a lot.

He is, but it's still not going to help the Joker as far as not getting exploded by giant robots and missiles at fight start, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    He is, but it's still not going to help the Joker as far as not getting exploded by giant robots and missiles at fight start, basically.
    Maybe use the endgame toxin on him? But ya probably not I'm just saying he can do more with prep then gas and goons with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Maybe use the endgame toxin on him? But ya probably not I'm just saying he can do more with prep then gas and goons with guns.
    I don't think he'd really get time to use it in an effective sense before being exploded is basically what I'm getting at.

And sure, by all means he can, it's just not really helpful for this particular situation.

If Red Skull has prep and common knowledge about Joker, I would think think most of his soldiers would be equipped with gasmasks and Hazmat gear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time the Joker and Red Skull met.

It's strange that the swastika didn't give the Joker a clue.

To me it seems Red Skull is a more kill-you-directly kind of villain, as opposed to the Jokes who goes about it in a roundabout way. So, Red Skull will likely get the kill first.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    It's strange that the swastika didn't give the Joker a clue.

To me it seems Red Skull is a more kill-you-directly kind of villain, as opposed to the Jokes who goes about it in a roundabout way. So, Red Skull will likely get the kill first.
    Nyeah, I wouldn’t go that far. Red Skull has, at various points, had control of a cosmic cube. For all intents and purposes he has been a god. His enemy is the epitome of CBPH. And the H in CBPH is important.

If Skull really were a kill-you-directly kind of dude, they would have had to have changed the comic title to Crap-stain America, due to the hero being smeared thinly across various surfaces.

Well, that's just to me anyway. Red Skull doesn't appear to have an underlying need to 'break' someone or drive them insane, like the Joker does. Skull is more likely to use a gun than, say, Joker's preference for toxins and gases.