Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
With the exception of some Funko Pops there isn't much in the way of typical merchandise for Alita. Still, I highly recommend the Manga it holds up really well even decades later, I'm sure you daughter will love reading it.

Just be aware that there are also two sequel Manga, Alita: Last Order and Alita: Mars Chronicles, that also start at a volume 1. Instead go for the book called Battle Angel: Alita in either normal or deluxe format and you'll be fine.
Thank you kind internet wanderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
Youtube is a hive of scum and villainy. Don't watch it.

Don't watch it for news, cultural commentary, or anything else. It's bad.
Ironically, I highly enjoy their immensely entertaining & helpful pro-gun channels. I chose to ignore the occasional "liberal" joke because I value their knowledge. Overall, there are some decent dudes on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
Based on that their movie industry isn't really small. And I remember actual Japanese people didn't care about Scar-Jo as lead instead of a Japanese woman, they actually liked her.

Also, in most of Asia, white is synonyms with pretty.

But if you have actually lived there, then clearly your view has more merit.
I lived in both Japan/South Korea for several years & they LOVE the shiny, the cool, the trendy....Alita BA should do gangbusters over there. China seems to really like epic over the top films as long as you stay away from certain topics (ghosts etc).

Yeah, doesn't hurt to be a tall, white handsome devil when your there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
Far be it for me to turn into a Helen Lovejoy type and shout "Think of the children!", but would the graphic seinen-style violence be suitable for an 11-year-old? The original manga contains a fair bit more gore than a shounen title. It was considerably toned down in this movie.
Shhhhhhh Helen. 11 year olds are pretty sharp these days. They get "it".