Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I thought it was messy and uneven. Visually stunning. And no clear conclusion.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Told the wife that I'm taking our 11yo daughter to see Alita. She was thrilled when I told her we're going to see it & was an immediate fan of Alita afterwards. Huge, huge grins on her face during Alita's insane fight scenes. Great, action packed movie that all dads should be bringing daughters too.

Only thing I'm disappointed about is the lack of Alita BA merchandise not available. Still, next stop will be the manga for her.
    With the exception of some Funko Pops there isn't much in the way of typical merchandise for Alita. Still, I highly recommend the Manga it holds up really well even decades later, I'm sure you daughter will love reading it.

Just be aware that there are also two sequel Manga, Alita: Last Order and Alita: Mars Chronicles, that also start at a volume 1. Instead go for the book called Battle Angel: Alita in either normal or deluxe format and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by Kintor; 02-20-2019 at 04:35 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Nah, I don't think so. It has already out-performed the initial expectations. I think it's going to do ok to good at domestic. I expect $130-$150 M. Maybe even $200 M if it has really good legs.

China and Japan don't care about that. They care about big awesome CGI spectacle. Which from what I'm hearing Alita has in spades. I think it's going to do really good in both countries.
    As a black guy who lived there for years, yeah they do actually. Where'd you get that from? Lol. I do agree it's going to do well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    he is not alt right, even if he was. his comments were sensible. is this person alt right too

People just want good movies.
    Yes, yes they are. They are like FOX viewers who try to convince u sthat FOX is fair and balanced and not racist at all, then use terms to make dog whistles.

THEN you read the comments below the video to confirm this persons alt-rightness.

She literally has a video that says, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_VOvpg72_g , SJWs ACTUALLY HELPED ALITA'S BOX OFFICE?!?!?!

Becareful abotu who you link to.
    Last edited by Tazirai; 02-20-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Youtube is a hive of scum and villainy. Don't watch it.

Don't watch it for news, cultural commentary, or anything else. It's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    As a black guy who lived there for years, yeah they do actually. Where'd you get that from? Lol. I do agree it's going to do well.
    Based on that their movie industry isn't really small. And I remember actual Japanese people didn't care about Scar-Jo as lead instead of a Japanese woman, they actually liked her.

Also, in most of Asia, white is synonyms with pretty.

But if you have actually lived there, then clearly your view has more merit.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I thought it was messy and uneven. Visually stunning. And no clear conclusion.
    See that’s what makes me hesitant. I’ve heard the ending was left open and that would really annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    With the exception of some Funko Pops there isn't much in the way of typical merchandise for Alita. Still, I highly recommend the Manga it holds up really well even decades later, I'm sure you daughter will love reading it.

Just be aware that there are also two sequel Manga, Alita: Last Order and Alita: Mars Chronicles, that also start at a volume 1. Instead go for the book called Battle Angel: Alita in either normal or deluxe format and you'll be fine.
    Far be it for me to turn into a Helen Lovejoy type and shout "Think of the children!", but would the graphic seinen-style violence be suitable for an 11-year-old? The original manga contains a fair bit more gore than a shounen title. It was considerably toned down in this movie.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    See that’s what makes me hesitant. I’ve heard the ending was left open and that would really annoy me.
    I'm just gonna put this out there. My evidence will be the last 5-7 years of films.

Expect the majority of movies now to become Yearly "Tv Episodes" you go sit in a theatre for.
    Even movies who didn't explicitly say they were creating universes have Universes now. Fast and Furious, Bond, Borne, MCU, DCEU, Conjuring etc. Alita has a satisfying end and actual end, but it does leave the series open to go forward.

Think of Alitas ending Like Braveheart, where William dies, and the actual ending is The Bruce sitting on his horse ready to make war. They coulda have made another but decided to end it right there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Far be it for me to turn into a Helen Lovejoy type and shout "Think of the children!", but would the graphic seinen-style violence be suitable for an 11-year-old? The original manga contains a fair bit more gore than a shounen title. It was considerably toned down in this movie.
    This movie REALLY Pushes that PG-13... REALLY close. The use of the F-bomb is great though.

I'm just gonna put this out there. My evidence will be the last 5-7 years of films.

Expect the majority of movies now to become Yearly "Tv Episodes" you go sit in a theatre for.
    Even movies who didn't explicitly say they were creating universes have Universes now. Fast and Furious, Bond, Borne, MCU, DCEU, Conjuring etc. Alita has a satisfying end and actual end, but it does leave the series open to go forward.

Think of Alitas ending Like Braveheart, where William dies, and the actual ending is The Bruce sitting on his horse ready to make war. They coulda have made another but decided to end it right there.
    Ok cool may check this out

BANNED

Ending things right there to set up future sequels. the villain was only shown 5 minutes before the end of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    NPC is Alt Right slang. Anyone who uses it is a member of the Alt Right
    ....Non-Playable Character is a term in the stupid SJW and Comics Gate battles?

Wait...isnt' Alt-Right slang in that war too....gwad people have it to good and to much time on their hands. I can't keep up with the non-sense lol
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    ....Non-Playable Character is a term in the stupid SJW and Comics Gate battles?

Wait...isnt' Alt-Right slang in that war too....gwad people have it to good and to much time on their hands. I can't keep up with the non-sense lol
    Why are people saying alt-right. does that mean the people defending some of the comments brie larson's says are alt-left. lol

left, right, whatever , they are all as rotten as each other but sometimes people just make sense regardless of their political beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    Why are people saying alt-right. does that mean the people defending some of the comments brie larson's says are alt-left. lol

left, right, whatever , they are all as rotten as each other but sometimes people just make sense regardless of their political beliefs.
    LOL

That is actually a good point. Why isn't alt-left used more.LOL

I agree they all seem like miserable people who probably lost purpose in life and are trying to find it by engaging in wars of why everyone should think just like them on the internet.

It's entertaining to watch sometimes but the coded language is getting crazier by the day. lol
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.