Default What is the Marvel version of Galaxy Communications?

What is the Marvel version of Galaxy Communications? My previous searches has resulted in no answers. I didn't know where else to post this, so I decided to post it in this forum since this is the closest enough for this type of question to be asked. People who read more comics than I do, please help me with this. Thank you.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure that there is one. Roxxon maybe?

I do not know of any communication devices, but didn't Moondragon and Professor X communicate via their telepathy to other galaxies?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
    What is the Marvel version of Galaxy Communications? My previous searches has resulted in no answers. I didn't know where else to post this, so I decided to post it in this forum since this is the closest enough for this type of question to be asked. People who read more comics than I do, please help me with this. Thank you.
    Does Marvel need one?

The main question to ask is which Marvel characters are most involved with broadcast television these days, and that might steer you to the answer you're looking for. As far as I'm aware, Galaxy Communications really became a "thing" because DC decided to move Clark Kent away from being a newspaper reporter into the world of television journalism back in the early 1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm not sure that there is one. Roxxon maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do not know of any communication devices, but didn't Moondragon and Professor X communicate via their telepathy to other galaxies?
    You clearly don't know what Galaxy Communications was. It was a TV channel from 1970s Superman comics. So the Marvel equivalent would be either the Fact Channel (from the spider books, Silk and J Jonah Jameson's former employer) or MUTV (which seems to have just started being used in the X books - notably, it shares the same name as Manchester United FC's TV station). The cartoons have DBC, which stands for Daily Bugle Communications.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-18-2019 at 05:16 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

If we're including movies, the MCU has WHIH as a sort of CNN type thing that appeared in Ant-Man and Captain America: Civil War as well as the first couple of seasons of Agents of SHIELD (where I believe it initially debuted).

For future reference, it might have helped to explain what Galaxy Communications was since initial answer was going to be "Kree Omniwave Projector."
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You clearly don't know what Galaxy Communications was. It was a TV channel from 1970s Superman comics. So the Marvel equivalent would be either the Fact Channel.
    You are correct, I don't. Never, ever heard of it before! Thanks for the explanation.

maybe something needs to be created, some TV anchor/pundit personalities who can have guest appearances in various titles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    If we're including movies, the MCU has WHIH as a sort of CNN type thing that appeared in Ant-Man and Captain America: Civil War as well as the first couple of seasons of Agents of SHIELD (where I believe it initially debuted).

For future reference, it might have helped to explain what Galaxy Communications was since initial answer was going to be "Kree Omniwave Projector."
    Yeah, I thought it was some galactic communication device, in which I was going to say that some characters get a lot of use out of Loki's magical cellphone spell.

Some days, I feel really, really old and decrepit around here . . .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Some days, I feel really, really old and decrepit around here . . .
    Why? Because you know what they're talking about while us young ones are scratching our heads?

Is this an age thing or a Marvel vs. DC thing?

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Is this an age thing or a Marvel vs. DC thing?
    Sounds like it may be a bit of both.

I mean, I said Kree Omniwave Projector, which certainly is a young man's term.