Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCatholic View Post
    Hey Ascended! That is extremely helpful, thank you so much!! I am going to pick up all the issues/series you mentioned, sounds like some great reading. The Superman that is featured in the Flashpoint miniseries (the one who is imprisoned as a child for Project: Superman) - is that the New 52 Superman I'm assuming?

Thanks again, very helpful!
    Happy to help! Any time you have questions, feel free to ask. As much as we all argue and debate things here, we're always ready to lend a hand too. And if you want you can send me a PM as well, if it's a question you don't want to ask in the forums for whatever reason. Always happy to help fans navigate the convoluted mess that is comic book history. I might not have the answers, but I bet I'll know someone who does.

And no, the Superman from Flashpoint is not New52 Superman, nor any other previous version. That was a version of Superman that existed only in the altered timeline of Flashpoint, and ceased to exist once Flash "fixed" reality. The Flashpoint world existed only for the duration of the miniseries (as well as a few tie-in mini's you don't need to read for the main story) and very little of it has "carried over" into the regular DCU. Flashpoint isn't an "era" in DC history so much as a brief period where Flash changed reality and then (more or less) fixed it.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-01-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Hey Cap. I skipped over mentioning a few things because many of the most recent developments took place over 60 issues of regular stories, and events like Flashpoint where yeah, none of that really factors into the story except for the result.

That breakdown you did is cool.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

CaptainCatholic

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Happy to help! Any time you have questions, feel free to ask. As much as we all argue and debate things here, we're always ready to lend a hand too. And if you want you can send me a PM as well, if it's a question you don't want to ask in the forums for whatever reason. Always happy to help fans navigate the convoluted mess that is comic book history. I might not have the answers, but I bet I'll know someone who does.

And no, the Superman from Flashpoint is not New52 Superman, nor any other previous version. That was a version of Superman that existed only in the altered timeline of Flashpoint, and ceased to exist once Flash "fixed" reality. The Flashpoint world existed only for the duration of the miniseries (as well as a few tie-in mini's you don't need to read for the main story) and very little of it has "carried over" into the regular DCU. Flashpoint isn't an "era" in DC history so much as a brief period where Flash changed reality and then (more or less) fixed it.
    Ascended, that is so kind of you!! Thank you so much for all the help, I sincerely appreciate it! I have a feeling I'll end up having a lot more questions at some point soon haha, I will be sure to send you a PM - thanks again!!

No kidding - very interesting about the Flashpoint miniseries. I was thinking it was the "origin story" for the New 52 Superman, but good to know it's just its own self-contained world. Thanks for clarifying! I'll be reading Crisis on Infinite Earths over the weekend, can't wait to check it out!!

CaptainCatholic

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Hey Cap. I skipped over mentioning a few things because many of the most recent developments took place over 60 issues of regular stories, and events like Flashpoint where yeah, none of that really factors into the story except for the result.

That breakdown you did is cool.
    Hey Kuwagaton! No problem at all, it completely makes sense that you skipped over Flashpoint - I didn't realize it was its own self-contained story! Thanks, glad you liked my breakdown! Honestly I had to do it for my own sanity to keep it straight in my own head, haha, but I thought it might be helpful to anyone else out there in a similar situation to me. Thanks again for all your help!! Looking forward to catching up on these stories!