Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Is that a Valentina piece?
    If you mean Valentina Remenar yes it is.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Reading Aero preview, and unless they pushed it way back, they've officially skipped over an important aspect of Madam Huang, that's just unacceptable and basically makes her nonsensical without it.

Aero's pages are out of order and Sword Master's translation isn't faithful? Pak, explain yourself!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aero's pages are out of order and Sword Master's translation isn't faithful? Pak, explain yourself!
    Sword Master is accurate, just not conveying correctly. it's more a tonality thing than a 'not correct' thing

Hey all. Read Sword Master #3 just yesterday. Overall, I'm kinda so-so with the main story. I dig the whole newbie, chosen by fate, unlikely hero theme from the series. I found myself really shocked reading about Nu Wa, Fu Xi, and Shen Nong. Those are OLD legends and stories, going back way into Chinese history, like Xia Dynasty stuff. I was frustrated yet intrigued into learning more about them since I thought I had a pretty good grasp on Chinese mythology and religion.

It's the art that's getting to me though. Aero's art is really beautiful and smooth. Sword Master's stuff...eh...typical anime/manga. Not feeling it.

The back-up story? I felt it was an improvement over last issue's one, mainly b/c of the strong showing from Shang. His way of seeing the weakness of Ares' plot shows to me his wisdom. That breathing scene with Sword Master got me too. Having gotten into meditation over the past several months, I see how just taking a breath and calming oneself down for a brief moment makes a world of difference. Things come into focus. That was Shang being the sifu to Sword Master right there.

So, some pluses and minuses here, but just enough to look forward to the next issue!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

The Fu Xi, Shen Nong and Nu Wa stuff is why I consider Sword Master such a dumb title name

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Aero #3 previews are out already:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/aero-3/

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...review-aero-3/

And here's a convenient map for the facility Aero and Wave are busting into:

You can see Cebu Island in Central Visayas, and Mactan Island is a tiny island east of it connected by a bridge, that's Pearl's hometown. (My paternal grandfather's home province is Bohol to the east.) The Western Visayas includes that large westernmost island divided into four provinces, Panay. (My paternal grandmother came from Iloilo.) I hope Pak will show text balloons translated from Ilonggo, the lingua franca in Western Visayas (and my grandmother's native tongue) which is different from Pearl's Cebuano.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Agents of Atlas #1 is the 46th best selling comic in August.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...s-august-2019/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

37,955 sales for AoA #1. Aero #2 is 122nd with 16,644 sold, Sword Master #2 is 147th with 12,930 sold.
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-08.html

Mighty Member

SO they've completely removed Huang's motivation, so I'll explain it now.

spoilers:
    Madam Huang is a... It's hard to define, but I think the easiest way to say it is She's an Eco Terrorist(It's more nuanced than that but it gets the general motivations across). The translation fails to bring that up at all. Essentially they've completely removed her motivations. Chapter 1 in Chinese was just all the action scenes. None of the stuff alluding to her boyfriend was ever a part of it (That's from chapter 2 onwards (You will notice that we're still in chapter 2 even with all the timeline butchering. These chapters are far longer than Western Comics) but that's nether here nor there.

The real big issue is that removing Huang's motivation completely undercuts the point of the plot. She is the foil to Aero. Where Aero is modern, chic and independant. Huang is traditional, Reserved and cooperation based. They're supposed to mirror different views of China, and Huang's motivation is supposed to be seen as correct, but unjustifiable and these translations fail to show her motivations, and in so doing, undercut her position in opposition to Aero.
    end of spoilers

Wait, we're three issues in and haven't even started the third Chinese issue? We're going to run out of cover art at some point then.

Mighty Member

It's gonna start next issue.

Yeah, but they'll have already used it's cover. Which means sooner or later, they're going to run out, requiring some US original cover art to be made. If by the end of issue 6 only four Chinese issues have been used, that's two extra covers they need to have drawn, assuming the US run isn't cancelled prematurely.

Mighty Member

That's wishful. Those books are 40 pages long.

Solicits have leaked, Bleeding Cool has them all, but no covers.

AGENTS OF ATLAS #5 (of 5)
    GREG PAK (W) • NICO LEON (A)
    Cover by JUNGGEUN YOON
    As Protectors of the Portal City of Pan, Amadeus Cho and the Agents of Atlas have bonded with each other and the gloriously diverse citizens and sojourners they’ve defended. But when they discover the crime at the heart of Pan’s creation, can they continue to protect — or has the time come to shatter this beautiful dream? And, of course, WHO’S KISSING WHOM? (Because there will be kissing!) Our first epic tale comes to a close with a tidal wave of ramifications for the Marvel Universe – and the hearts of our heroes.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SWORD MASTER #6
    SHUIZHU, GREG PAK & FONDA LEE (W) • GUNJI & ARIO ANINDITO (A)
    Cover by GUNJI
    STRANGE DAYS!
    When you run around the Marvel Universe with a big magic sword, you have to expect you’ll eventually get a visit from the Sorcerer Supreme. It’s time for tea and terror with Doctor Strange! Meanwhile, in our second story, co-written by Greg Pak and World Fantasy Award winner Fonda Lee, Shang-Chi and Lin Lie learn the true secrets of the dragon son of Ares!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AERO #6
    ZHOU LIEFEN, GREG PAK & ALYSSA WONG (W)
    KENG & POP MHAN (A) • Cover by KENG
    HEART OF GLASS…
    As Aero investigates the mysterious crystal towers sprouting up across the city, Lei Ling struggles with questions of the heart – because everyone in Shanghai loves Aero – except Lei Ling’s own boyfriend! Meanwhile, in our second story, can Wave finally unlock the secrets of AlonTech and her origins and redeem herself with Triumph Division? Or will her discovery change everything forever?
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99