Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Agreed that I'd like to see some breaking up of the 'cliques' that seem to be developing, between the three 'elementals,' and Amadeus & Silk, and Swordmaster, Io & Shang, in particular. It would be neat to see more interaction between, say, Wave and White Fox, or Silk and Aero, or Raz and Luna Snow, to sort of cross the streams.

That said, we're on what, issue 4? Baby steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Luna has had some interactions with Amadeus and Silk, and she's been grouped with White Fox and Crescent since they're all from Future Fight and Korean.

spoilers:
    And in this latest issue we saw Wave and Sword Master teaming up against the Pan Protectors and confronting Amadeus over it. That was a fun mishmash, we need more of that.

We'll probably see some in Atlantis Attacks
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Agreed that I'd like to see some breaking up of the 'cliques' that seem to be developing, between the three 'elementals,' and Amadeus & Silk, and Swordmaster, Io & Shang, in particular. It would be neat to see more interaction between, say, Wave and White Fox, or Silk and Aero, or Raz and Luna Snow, to sort of cross the streams.

That said, we're on what, issue 4? Baby steps.
    Indeed, baby steps bro. Slowly but surely we're seeing it. Looking forward to Atlantis Attacks. The ever-looming specter of cancellation is there though. Just hope we get those moments in before that happens.

Speaking of moments, big props to a moment in this past issue. Silk commented to Amadeus how he's Korean-American and how that might impact his relationship with Luna. It's a subtle nod, but a necessary one. People from various ethnicities talk about this all the time, especially in the Asian ones; who is the real Asian? Again, more moments like these!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

The nationality isn't the biggest issue - Luna is contractually banned from dating, period, remember!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I mean, Idols break that element of their contracts all the time, they just have to be super lowkey and secretive about it. Or you get a situation like Hyuna and E'Dawn getting kicked out of Cube. But if that whole mess proved anything, it's that idols definitely still date even when they have no-dating clauses.

But, usually that's with other idols who are in the same situation – it might not be as amenable a situation to a non-idol like Amadeus to have to keep the entirety of a relationship secret from the whole world.

Tien, White Fox says it not Silk which feels better. I can see cultural differences being an issue.

Granted its hard to hiding dating a 6 foot green guy. So there are bigger problems for Amadeus/Luna.

Im more invested in Isaac/Raz tho. I wouldn't mind if Red Dagger from Ms. MARVEL joined but i don't think this book needs anymore characters.

Issue 4 is good and im curious about how it all turns out.

Red Dagger should only join if Amadeus can persuade Kamala to come back. Which I don't think will happen, because, like you said, the team's already big enough.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The nationality isn't the biggest issue - Luna is contractually banned from dating, period, remember!
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Tien, White Fox says it not Silk which feels better. I can see cultural differences being an issue.

Granted its hard to hiding dating a 6 foot green guy. So there are bigger problems for Amadeus/Luna.

Im more invested in Isaac/Raz tho. I wouldn't mind if Red Dagger from Ms. MARVEL joined but i don't think this book needs anymore characters.

Issue 4 is good and im curious about how it all turns out.
    Ha, apologies for the mistake! Yes, the Isaac/Raz relationship came out of left field, but it's nice to see. Now, is Pak going to give us a big swerve here? Isaac going to betray Raz and the rest of the Agents? Indeed, as the series comes to an end, there are a lot of plot points that need to be resolved. WoTR: Agents of Atlas didn't stick that landing as well as it could have. Will we get a repeat here?

Crossing the fingers.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I am interested in the Nyugen/Woo hustle, but please also give these two a buddy-cop one-shot.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I am interested in the Nyugen/Woo hustle, but please also give these two a buddy-cop one-shot.

...This reminds me of Cop Craft for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Red Dagger should only join if Amadeus can persuade Kamala to come back. Which I don't think will happen, because, like you said, the team's already big enough.
    Im more interested with Red Dagger joining without Kamala. It feels like a better way to expand on his character than pushing him and Kamala to interact again. There's probably a story there but im not that invested in it.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-17-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Mighty Member

Tuna's complaints feel weird to me. Because it puts onus on a collection of characters who realistically speaking do not originate from Marvel's directive.

White Fox
    Crescent
    Luna Snow
    Aero
    3 sovereigns

Are all created by external companies licensing out the Marvel brand. Marvel's history doesn't impact those ASIAN companies at all. They've got no point of reference and if they do, at most it's probably just the MCU.

The whole idea that they were instructed that a certain portrayal of men and women came up is honestly laughable. Hell the Creators of the 3 sovereigns said it was a project they were going to do anyways but figured might as well get a marvel check for it.

As for Swordmaster. It was mentioned earlier. It's a team book marketed as a solo. Lin Lie is a neophyte and not amazing with a sword. But that's not due to him being an asian man. That's due to him not knowing how to fight. Shuangshuang is massively more competent than him in fighting, but that's due to her being specially trained, not due to her being a woman and him a man.

Guan, the third protagonist, comes in much later and is perfectly capable of fighting Shuangshuang on even grounds. Cause he's a delinquent who gets into fights and does petty crimes. Unlike Lin Lie who's just a guy.

Dan Bi's oneshot was pretty fun. I'm hoping the future Avengers(the kids in the Future Fight backups) have a crossover with Agents.

Lin lie's alright but he's pretty generic for these type of stories. In turn he doesn't stand out much especially in a group setting.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-19-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Mighty Member

Still irked by the over verbosity and added details in Aero that didn't exist prior. The translation never lets any moment breath. It's got to shove in some monologue or diatribe.

And that Atlantis attacks set up in the completely Greg Pak half feels really damn weak.

Amazing Member Cindy's Addiction's Avatar

I finally finish issue 5 of Aero. Good so far, but a strange run from the Wave story arc though. Turns out ALONTECH are being run by weird fish monsters and the last page shows them trying to do brain surgeon on Wave looking to take her powers.

On top of that having Aero and Wave going deep into the blue, can't wait to see more of AoA getting involved with the Atlanteans.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy's Addiction View Post
    On top of that having Aero and Wave going deep into the blue, can't wait to see more of AoA getting involved with the Atlanteans.
    On the subject of Atlantis Attacks and Agents of Atlas, I wonder if the Atlantean worship of Neptune / Poseidon will be touched upon, since Amadeus Cho is practically an honorary 'Prince of Power' in the Olympian pantheon they worship...