Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Next thing you know...
    Attachment 90179
    Wasn't expecting that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Wasn't expecting that.
    Old joke that sprung primarily from mecha anime fans. In the Brave Series "Gaogaigar" there are some vehicle-transforming robots that can combine SPLIT-VERTICALLY into a larger robot, a maneuver called Symmetrical Docking. Pervs being pervs, that got the alternative meaning you see now.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Old joke that sprung primarily from mecha anime fans. In the Brave Series "Gaogaigar" there are some vehicle-transforming robots that can combine SPLIT-VERTICALLY into a larger robot, a maneuver called Symmetrical Docking. Pervs being pervs, that got the alternative meaning you see now.
    At least now I know where that came from. Thanks.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    In Aero, we see how Wave is connected to a group of mer-people who probably have crossed paths with the Atlanteans.
    And the Sirenas are not the only aquatic races Namor has clashed with. Hickman's Fantastic Four run revealed three Old Atlantean races: the Chordai (eel-like), Mala (crab-like), and Uhari (fish-like). Susan Richards tried to mediate between them at a base in the Gulf of Thailand, which is not so very far from the Sirenas' Sulu Sea dwellings.

I'm a bit sad Wave's story is closing but she's one of the main characters in the new Atlantis Attacks, and perhaps we'll get more cameos from the whole Triumph Division. And I love the letters from the Filipino fans, agreeing with the observation of the one from Iloilo who speaks Hiligaynon (or Ilonggo as it is more commonly referred to) that the police in Western Visayas should have spoken their native language and not Tagalog, which is also the native language of my maternal grandmother.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

The rise of Marvel Asia, and the Philippines as now fronted by Wave being a significant part of it. Hopefully she gets a solo.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    And the Sirenas are not the only aquatic races Namor has clashed with. Hickman's Fantastic Four run revealed three Old Atlantean races: the Chordai (eel-like), Mala (crab-like), and Uhari (fish-like). Susan Richards tried to mediate between them at a base in the Gulf of Thailand, which is not so very far from the Sirenas' Sulu Sea dwellings.
    Cool, thanks for the info there.

I'm a bit sad Wave's story is closing but she's one of the main characters in the new Atlantis Attacks, and perhaps we'll get more cameos from the whole Triumph Division. And I love the letters from the Filipino fans, agreeing with the observation of the one from Iloilo who speaks Hiligaynon (or Ilonggo as it is more commonly referred to) that the police in Western Visayas should have spoken their native language and not Tagalog, which is also the native language of my maternal grandmother.
    At the end of the Aero/Wave back-up, Namor is definitely interested in using Wave. It makes sense considering her powers. She'd be valuable in any regard. Speaking of powers, I was happy to see that Wave spoke out for herself against Red Feather. She'll work with the Triumph Division, but she doesn't need them. Rather, she's independent. Good for you Pearl!

As for the letters section, I'm glad that Wave has a ton of Filipino fans who are trying to correct the character. It's a sign that they care and that they want this character to be authentic. (As an aside, I'm still pushing for a new Filipino character in the Marvel universe. Here's hoping that the Triumph Division features a badass, ex-Filipino marine! Guy should have Arnis/Kali/Escrima skills that rival Shang-Chi AND tactical weapons training that rivals the Punisher!)

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Just dropped to say I been reading Aero and enjoying it a lot although today's issue was my least favorite. I'm glad Aero avoided her boyfriend's proposal though but his reasons for not liking Aero was really dickish
    Ugh, that whole scene was cringeworthy, but in an understandable way. The whole "we don't have the same hairstyle" excuse? Yeah, that was dumb, but in all honestly, I've been in situations with other Chinese who use those types of excuses. Trying to deflect by appearing cute, but it's so stupid that your mind boggles. You then just want to move on from it. As for the Zou Yu, yeah, it was dickish, but fits in the mighty Marvel manner. I'm thinking of the times Peter Parker had to hear Harry Osborn, Aunt May, or Gwen Stacy insulting Spider-Man. C'mon Zou Yu, cut some slack. (Then again, if Aero and Zou Yu don't work, I think Aero and Wave could. Seriously, anyone else get the vibe that they were a bit too friendly this issue? Casting too many smiles and glances at one another? We'll see! ).
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I'm thinking of the times Peter Parker had to hear Harry Osborn, Aunt May, or Gwen Stacy insulting Spider-Man.
    Let alone J Jonah Jameson!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Did they only call the next issue Atlantis Attacks #1 instead of Agents of Atlas #6 because of low sales? This issue actually ends on a cliffhanger - it's all one story!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did they only call the next issue Atlantis Attacks #1 instead of Agents of Atlas #6 because of low sales? This issue actually ends on a cliffhanger - it's all one story!
    Ah, the old "keep an ongoing story going by launching consecutive mini-series."

It worked for Duggan's Guardians .

True, Infinity Countdown and Infinity Wars were just continuations of his cancelled All-New Guardians of the Galaxy, weren't they?

True, Infinity Countdown and Infinity Wars were just continuations of his cancelled All-New Guardians of the Galaxy, weren't they?
    Pretty much.

I was expecting the abrupt end to be a deal breaker for me this issue. Cutting the story essentially midway? Oh boy, I was expecting disappointment, but I was actually surprised at how much I liked this issue. Just some quick thoughts:

- Great team dynamics this issue from the agents we haven't seen work together (Amadeus, Silk, White Fox, and Sword Master).

- Loved the scene between Jimmy and Shang. Seriously, Shang's dislike for "games of death and deceit" came to mind when I was reading that confrontation between the two.

- What a dilemma Amadeus found himself in! Instead of choosing Jimmy or Mike's side, he decides to make his own. And what sides are Mike and Jimmy playing here?

- Liked the dynamic between Amadeus and Silk. It's cool how Silk is the second in command and the advisor. It reminded me how cool it was that the Agents have a spider-person on the team!

Yes, the story cut off mid way. But January is just round the corner. We're at least guaranteed another 5 issues of the agents. Pak mentioned on his Twitter that these characters keep going as long as we support them. And quite frankly, I think there are a ton of stories left to tell about them. Keep the fingers crossed everyone!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Its underwhelming but i liked it.

Here's hoping Atlantis Attacks delivers the good.

Yikes, is Wave defecting?

ATLANTIS ATTACKS #3 (OF 5)
    GREG PAK (W) • ARIO ANINDITO (A) • Cover by ROCK-HE KIM
    Variant cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    SWORD OF THE SIRENAS!
    • As the tenuous peace with NAMOR collapses, WAVE and AMADEUS search their souls and measure their allegiances – and end up on opposite sides of the war!
    • What happens when the dream you thought you were defending turns out to be your ally’s greatest nightmare?
    • Young heroes grapple with impossible conflicts with the fate of three great civilizations in the balance!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99