Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Fun fact shang chi was created as a homage to bruce lee.

Hey all. Just wanted to post some cool fan art of Agents of Atlas members. Found on Bill Rosemann's Twitter:

I particularly like White Fox's drawing. Cool lotus effect with her tail!

Also, Pak stated on Twitter that Kid Kaiju and Iron Fist Pei are not in any immediate plans for the Agents. BUT, if Agents of Atlas continues to be successful, maybe! Crossing the iron fists that we get to see Pei! Indeed, I could see Danny Rand sending Pei to train with Shang where she would become good friends with Crescent.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Pei would probably get on well with Crescent as both are kid martial artists. The trouble though, is that the team is big enough as it is. That, and not the current Champions storyline, is likely the reason Ms. Marvel was written out in issue 1 (they just used events in Champions to explain it). She's the only Protector who didn't stick around on the new Agents of Atlas team.

If Atlas does become an ongoing, I do think Brawn would end up quitting the Champs. Apparently he'll be on double duty, short term.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-12-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Pei and Bi would get along fine as martial artist, but it would be hilarious for Kei to interact with Io.

Mighty Member

I'm glad nico leon is including Wave's swords, it was kinda ridiculous that she never used them in WoR:AoA despite the fact that she carries them everywhere.

Also hopefully they remember Aero's wind swords.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey all. Just wanted to post some cool fan art of Agents of Atlas members. Found on Bill Rosemann's Twitter

I particularly like White Fox's drawing. Cool lotus effect with her tail!

Also, Pak stated on Twitter that Kid Kaiju and Iron Fist Pei are not in any immediate plans for the Agents. BUT, if Agents of Atlas continues to be successful, maybe! Crossing the iron fists that we get to see Pei! Indeed, I could see Danny Rand sending Pei to train with Shang where she would become good friends with Crescent.
    Nice fanart, though not too surprising that it's (some of) the ladies in the group only.

Hoping for the best, as I would love this to become an ongoing thing. The longer it can go, the more chances everyone will get to really show their stuff and get character arcs, and the more we get to explore and see of this side of the Marvel Universe. Plus, Kid Kaiju and Iron Fist Pei just feel like they were made for a team and concept like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Pei would probably get on well with Crescent as both are kid martial artists. The trouble though, is that the team is big enough as it is. That, and not the current Champions storyline, is likely the reason Ms. Marvel was written out in issue 1 (they just used events in Champions to explain it). She's the only Protector who didn't stick around on the new Agents of Atlas team.

If Atlas does become an ongoing, I do think Brawn would end up quitting the Champs. Apparently he'll be on double duty, short term.
    Considering her other avenues of exposure and that she's still prominent in the MU, I'm actually okay with Ms. Marvel having been written out from early on. Even considering he's technically playing double duty between here and the Champions, Brawn, I feel, needs and can use the exposure from being a part of two team books far more than Ms. Marvel, especially since Amadeus doesn't have a solo anymore while Kamala still does.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-13-2019 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Nice fanart, though not too surprising that it's (some of) the ladies in the group only.

Hoping for the best, as I would love this to become an ongoing thing. The longer it can go, the more chances everyone will get to really show their stuff and get character arcs, and the more we get to explore and see of this side of the Marvel Universe. Plus, Kid Kaiju and Iron Fist Pei just feel like they were made for a team and concept like this one.
    That's what it's all about, seeing this side of the Marvel Universe with characters who have played secondary roles or just had a couple of appearances. Kid Kaiju and Pei were just in some miniseries. Yes, there was great characterization and storylines, but it could go further. And it would be great to see how all these characters interact with one another. How does Pei feel about Shang-Chi being labeled as the best martial artist on the planet and not Danny Rand? What does a calculating Jimmy Woo do when he knows Kid Kaijuu can summon monsters?

Considering her other avenues of exposure and that she's still prominent in the MU, I'm actually okay with Ms. Marvel having been written out from early on. Even considering he's technically playing double duty between here and the Champions, Brawn, I feel, needs and can use the exposure from being a part of two team books far more than Ms. Marvel, especially since Amadeus doesn't have a solo anymore while Kamala still does.
    I think that Brawn getting this exposure is good. (Ms. Marvel not being part of the Agents is fine for now. She has a lot of exposure right not. Plus, the AoA door is always open, right?) Part of me doesn't want Brawn to leave the Champions, however. Pulling double duty, yeah, it's a stretch, but I don't want Amadeus (nor any of the other Agents) to be pigeonholed. It's cool, Asians and Asian-Americans are getting exposure and finally doing things together. We're seeing a part of the world that's outside of the MU's NYC. However, I'd like to make sure that all of these characters aren't just defined by racial, ethnic, or geographical identities. They should be on other teams with Captain America or Wolverine.

So yeah, I think Brawn should still be part of the Champions. If Wolverine can be part of a ton of X-Men teams and the Avengers, Brawn could do the same thing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I'm glad nico leon is including Wave's swords, it was kinda ridiculous that she never used them in WoR:AoA despite the fact that she carries them everywhere.

Also hopefully they remember Aero's wind swords.
    It was cool to see Wave use those swords. But Aero has swords too? I'm intrigued! Looking forward to seeing them!
    Last edited by Tien Long; 07-13-2019 at 07:01 AM.
    "I am a man of peace."

(Ms. Marvel not being part of the Agents is fine for now. She has a lot of exposure right not. Plus, the AoA door is always open, right?)
    Yeah, her departure was a case of not wanting to be around Amadeus (who was complicit in Miles's deal with the devil) - they were arguing constantly. Jimmy told Amadeus to let Kamala go - she was needed elsewhere anyway as Viv (the team's second in command) was already assembling the Champions (since of course, this was at the start of War of the Realms). Once Ammy and Kamala make up, there'd be no reason for Kamala not to return... as long as the other problems which have caused her to take a leave of absence from the Champions as well are resolved.

And it's true, she does have a lot of exposure even without AoA - she's in FOUR other books! Her solo, Champions, Marvel Rising, and Marvel Team-Up.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

It was cool to see Wave use those swords. But Aero has swords too? I'm intrigued! Looking forward to seeing them!
    It's her main style of fighting. I think there's a variant that shows them off, but it comes up in chapter 2(which should be issue 2).

There was even a variant of it.

Mighty Member

Also looks like a comedian is taking Marvel to task on something pretty important.

https://twitter.com/ronnychieng/stat...58051841052674

It's her main style of fighting. I think there's a variant that shows them off, but it comes up in chapter 2(which should be issue 2).

that's pretty cool.

it can be read now???

Not in English. Only one issue out so far.

Mighty Member

We honestly need more characters with Aero's pseudo-energy trench coat/cape. It's a really great design.

Very cool. Aero doesn't seem just to shoot wind. Indeed, part of me was thinking hey it's just a Marvel version of Red Tornado. The fact that she can shape wind, now that's cool!

And this villain seems cool as well. From what I can tell from the Chinese, I see that there's a connection b/w these two. I won't spoil what kind of connection, but definitely it's an interesting connection.

Also looks like a comedian is taking Marvel to task on something pretty important.

https://twitter.com/ronnychieng/stat...58051841052674
    Ah yes, one of my favorite correspondents from the Daily Show! Ronny touches upon an issue that a lot of Shang Chi fans know; his name doesn't make sense! Yes, one could get away with putting those characters and meanings together in an American comic, but it doesn't work in Chinese. This is one of the hurdles that a Shang Chi movie has to overcome to make it in the Chinese speaking communities, especially mainland China. Ronny offers a pretty interesting solution though. Keep the English spelling while changing the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    We honestly need more characters with Aero's pseudo-energy trench coat/cape. It's a really great design.
    It looks great, no doubt! Initially I was like Aero's design is pretty so-so, seen it a ton before in a lot of different anime. But seeing it in action, I think it's cool. It's hip and modern!
    "I am a man of peace."

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Are you kidding me?? Why? Why kill off the Greek gods? Marvel IS death crazy. double sigh.
    They were reborn in space, so it's all good.