Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Mico Suayan cover for the new series and it's the first variant cover that has Wave wearing a visor (aside from her Philippines-exclusive solo cover also by Suayan).
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Have they drawn Amadeus with his old bulkier Hulk body? His face should look slimmer now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Pele doesn't seem to make many of these team covers. That does not bode well for her longevity, methinks...

("Hey Tadashi, why do all your friends have funny nicknames like 'Honey Lemon' and 'Wasabi' and you don't?" "Aak!")

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Pele doesn't seem to make many of these team covers. That does not bode well for her longevity, methinks...

("Hey Tadashi, why do all your friends have funny nicknames like 'Honey Lemon' and 'Wasabi' and you don't?" "Aak!")
    I’m hoping we see more of her. She’s probably my favorite character in this series other than Luna Snow.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Isn't Pele's entire existence a spoiler? She wasn't mentioned in the solicits. It could be that the artist didn't know she was on the team.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I loved when Monkey King disparagingly referee to White Fox as a “goblin” whilst sucking up to Pele. Mystical as she is, she’s not a God so he doesn’t care. And White Fox is majorly improved character wise here. In her issue of Domino: Hotshots, I feel like she spent 95% of her dialogue shouting that she was the “Last Kumiho.” I mean, she is but once was enough ��

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I loved when Monkey King disparagingly referee to White Fox as a “goblin” whilst sucking up to Pele. Mystical as she is, she’s not a God so he doesn’t care. And White Fox is majorly improved character wise here. In her issue of Domino: Hotshots, I feel like she spent 95% of her dialogue shouting that she was the “Last Kumiho.” I mean, she is but once was enough ��
    I liked that bit. Monkey King calling White Fox "goblin" is pretty significant. Like the Koreans, Chinese have stories of fox spirits as well. Throughout Journey to the West, Sun Wukong encountered, fought, and killed lots of goblins and monsters that could shift from animal to human form. For Monkey King, White Fox maybe no different. Him being somewhat flippant towards Pele makes sense too. He was always flippant towards the celestial beings in Heaven.

As for the Hotshots, I didn't mind White Fox. Actually, it really shed light on her background and motivations.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I liked that bit. Monkey King calling White Fox "goblin" is pretty significant. Like the Koreans, Chinese have stories of fox spirits as well. Throughout Journey to the West, Sun Wukong encountered, fought, and killed lots of goblins and monsters that could shift from animal to human form. For Monkey King, White Fox maybe no different. Him being somewhat flippant towards Pele makes sense too. He was always flippant towards the celestial beings in Heaven.

As for the Hotshots, I didn't mind White Fox. Actually, it really shed light on her background and motivations.
    I didn’t hate her portrayal. I actually liked it better before that issue. She’s authoritarian and devout to her causes. We have her origin from other comics. I just didn’t lie that she yelled “I’m the last kumiho” five times in different iterations. I suppose maybe it’s that the New Agents of Atlas characters know what she is, since the huli jing and kitsune permeate other mythologies in that part of the world, but it struck me as odd.

I think this issue was great at showcasing her and believe she’s a more suitable second in command than Amadeus. It’s just that she’s less well established that they’re feeling the need to rely on him.

The Sun Wukong from the Ascendants isn't the Monkey King from Journey to the West, but he was trapped in a hell dimension for some untold amount of time. He's definitely familiar with goblins and demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I didn’t hate her portrayal. I actually liked it better before that issue. She’s authoritarian and devout to her causes. We have her origin from other comics. I just didn’t lie that she yelled “I’m the last kumiho” five times in different iterations. I suppose maybe it’s that the New Agents of Atlas characters know what she is, since the huli jing and kitsune permeate other mythologies in that part of the world, but it struck me as odd.
    No problem bro. Understood.

I think this issue was great at showcasing her and believe she’s a more suitable second in command than Amadeus. It’s just that she’s less well established that they’re feeling the need to rely on him.
    I'm getting that vibe too. Amadeus is good with plans, but White Fox and Jimmy seem to be less impulsive. Hopefully, we'll get to see her take more of a leadership position in the future, whether that's the Agents or some other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The Sun Wukong from the Ascendants isn't the Monkey King from Journey to the West, but he was trapped in a hell dimension for some untold amount of time. He's definitely familiar with goblins and demons.
    Interesting. Yeah, I know that Monkey King has some of Sun Wukong's powers, but did the comics ever say he had the memories? In any case, it does make sense he would have seen goblins in the 8th City.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Issue #3 another Asian character makes their way into the Marvel Universe mainstream.
    spoilers:
    Codec from Marvel Future Avengers Japanese Anime makes an appearance as leader of the Future Avengers which means it's likely Future Avengers' Charade, Hurricane and Twister will be coming up as well
    end of spoilers
    Didn't see that coming, but I'm happy and hyped that happened! They deserve the recognition, and I hope to see Codec and the full team soon in future comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good grief. spoilers:
    That almost certainly means that Future WILL replace the cancelled Assemble! No excuse not to if they've introduced the cast in the comics.
    end of spoilers
    Off-topic, but did not realize Assemble! was cancelled. Granted, it had a good long tenure, but it ending means an end of an Marvel Animated era, for me (since I followed all those shows). That said, there's no more excuses for not bringing the Japanese/American co-production of Marvel Future Avengers or even Disk Wars to the west, especially since both already have English versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Hopefully now that the Future Avengers appearing in comics maybe we will get The English dubbed version airing in the US. I really enjoyed the show especially the Winter Guard episodes. I want link to any sites but if you search the net you can find the first season of 26 episodes dubbed. I love how they bringing in Asian characters from other media into the mainstream marvel.

https://www.cbr.com/future-avengers-anime-english-dub/
    Same, and there shouldn't be any excuse not to anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

spoilers:

Finally, it was great to see the deep meaning in Shang's words. Him telling Sword Master to learn how to use a sword could mean a lot of things. Still, I was a little taken aback on how Sword Master addressed Shang. Uncle Shang? I don't think there's TOO much of an age difference between the two. At the very least, it should have been "Big Brother Shang." But okay, it could still work.
    end of spoilers
    Not sure if this changes anything since Shang Chi's age is vague, but I wanted to mention that Lin Lie is 18. I'm sure Shang Chi's not that close to 18.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 06-18-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Yeah, Shang must be at least 30 or so. He's been around since the 70s, and I don't think he was a teen even then.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I prefer Suayan's Shang-Chi over Yoon's that made him look boyish.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ammy loves Luna, it seems. And Cindy doesn't look happy about it!

AGENTS OF ATLAS #2 (of 5)
    GREG PAK (W) • GANG HYUK LIM (A)
    Cover by JUNGGEUN YOON
    VARIANT COVER BY SABINE RICH
    PANDEMONIUM IN PAN!
    • Through stunning science-magic teleportation tech, the visionary named ISAAC IKEDA has connected slices of neighborhoods from a dozen different Asian cities into the cross-Asian portal city of Pan.
    • Is this new utopia a glorious pan-Asian multicultural dreamworld, free trade mecca, and tourism experience? Or is it a violation of hundreds of local and international laws, a magnet for monsters and maniacs, and a dangerous social experiment about to explode? AMADEUS CHO and the AGENTS OF ATLAS, as Pan’s new protectors, are about to find out!
    • Also: Love is in the air! Which two Agents are about to melt the ice?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Amazing Member Cindy's Addiction's Avatar

Or she maybe suprised to see her K-pop idol fall for Ammy.
    Darn, I was hoping Cindy turns bi and fall for Luna. Oh wells!