Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Agents of Atlas appreciation 2019

Figured it was about time we restarted this thread. Because the Agents of Atlas name is back in use. It's actually the Protectors from Totally Awesome Hulk with some new members and a rebrand. Gorilla Man, meanwhile, is an Agent of Wakanda in the Avengers series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

The only Agent of Atlas I see there is Jimmy Woo. At least I think that's Jimmy Woo.

When I think of Agents of Atlas, I think of Atlas era characters. These guys. Boy, I miss them.

Who is using the name Agents of Atlas presently?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I can't believe AoA characters are actually back in business! Fun times. If we buy a crapton of the WOTR mini, maybe we can get a series with the Protectors Crew plus some of the original team.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Instead of Hit Monkey, Marvel should have made Agents of Atlas into an animated show. Set it in the 50s for a retro vibe ... or have flashbacks. That would have been awesome!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I think Avengers No Road Home killed off an Agent of Atlas this week by the way. The entire Greek pantheon was slain, with the exception of Hercules. That means Venus is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Who is using the name Agents of Atlas presently?
    Like I said in the starting post, the New Agents of Atlas are the team formerly known as the Protectors, which formed in Totally Awesome Hulk.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-15-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think Avengers No Road Home killed off an Agent of Atlas this week by the way. The entire Greek pantheon was slain, with the exception of Hercules. That means Venus is gone.

Like I said in the starting post, the New Agents of Atlas are the team formerly known as the Protectors, which formed in Totally Awesome Hulk.
    I think that Aphrodite is the one who could have died. Despite being named Goddess of love, Venus was never an official member of the Pantheon, so she is probably still alive.

Namora, Venus and Marvelboy in the limbo

WTF? Really? They are calling that team the Agents of Atlas? Why?

Are you kidding me?? Why? Why kill off the Greek gods? Marvel IS death crazy. double sigh.

I just can't catch a break this week on my Namor related stuff.

IIRC, AoA's Venus isn't the Greek goddess of love. She's a siren. Hopefully she escaped the senseless slaughter.

I thought the girl on the top right was a redesigned Radiant/Sun Girl. She looks the most like a manga heroine.

Cool to see them incorporating the Future Fight originals even if we'll probably never see them again after this.

They had me with this up until they said "Brawn" was leading them. Probably should've just called him Cho...

Hey, somebody remembered Silk. That's more then any of the Spider-Man titles have.
    Instead of Hit Monkey, Marvel should have made Agents of Atlas into an animated show. Set it in the 50s for a retro vibe ... or have flashbacks. That would have been awesome!
    Would make a good kids cartoon...but not the kind of thing I think they're aiming at for the Hulu shows.

Agents of Atlas Venus is a siren using the image of the goddess Venus which got her into trouble with the real Venus, the goddess Aphrodite. So if the pantheon has been slain, then our Venus is still fine and chilling in Africa again, probably.

And I haven't read No Road Home, but unless they got Pluto somehow, the entire Greek pantheon would just be trapped in the underworld where a later writer could find some way to magic them out anyway.

Are you kidding me?? Why? Why kill off the Greek gods? Marvel IS death crazy. double sigh.

I just can't catch a break this week on my Namor related stuff.

IIRC, AoA's Venus isn't the Greek goddess of love. She's a siren. Hopefully she escaped the senseless slaughter.
    Whoops, never mind that then.

Isn't there a chance Namora might show up in Invaders? Namor is in that book after all.

Because the Protectors were spearheaded by Jimmy, Atlas is Jimmy's, and the cult AoA name is better for the mini than the more generic Protectors. And it's nice fanservice.

Whoops, never mind that then.

Isn't there a chance Namora might show up in Invaders? Namor is in that book after all.
    I don't know if Chip's that into continuity, but it would be a pretty big miss to not have her in a book about Atlantean politics and Namor's history.

It's kind of funny really. When the Protectors first appeared, civilians thought they were the Champions, because of both Kamala and Amadeus being involved. The Protectors name was an on the fly correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought the girl on the top right was a redesigned Radiant/Sun Girl. She looks the most like a manga heroine.

Cool to see them incorporating the Future Fight originals even if we'll probably never see them again after this.

They had me with this up until they said "Brawn" was leading them. Probably should've just called him Cho...

Hey, somebody remembered Silk. That's more then any of the Spider-Man titles have.

Would make a good kids cartoon...but not the kind of thing I think they're aiming at for the Hulu shows.
    What kind of thing are they going for with those Hulu shows? I've never seen a more disparate set of characters. But that's right, they wouldn't do a team for that, since they want to have them unite at the end in The Offenders.

Brawn. Good lord. We've gone from 7th smartest guy in the MU to a hunk of muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Agents of Atlas Venus is a siren using the image of the goddess Venus which got her into trouble with the real Venus, the goddess Aphrodite. So if the pantheon has been slain, then our Venus is still fine and chilling in Africa again, probably.

And I haven't read No Road Home, but unless they got Pluto somehow, the entire Greek pantheon would just be trapped in the underworld where a later writer could find some way to magic them out anyway.
    Thank goodness for Hades!